Notices

muffler test

Old 08-25-2003, 01:08 PM
Hydro Power

KAAMA
Our silencers are full time. We don't make a switchable exhaust. We do offer a clamp-on set up that clamps to your tip or tail pipe. Check out our web site, that should answer all of your questions.
www.hpisilencers.com

Thanks

Old 08-25-2003, 06:12 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

hOW MUCH ARE THE 9060pr?
Old 08-25-2003, 09:07 PM
Hydro Power

Retail is $920/pr. With the discount they are $736/pr plus freight.

Old 08-27-2003, 02:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Turbo chargers will reduce the noise and gain HP
Tom Earhart
Old 08-27-2003, 02:52 PM
Registered

Eliminator 219 are you going to be at Hardy this year?
Tom Earhart
Old 08-27-2003, 03:53 PM
Registered

Default muffler test

I am very interested in seeing any test results of the mufflers while at RPM and not just idle speed. I didn't see anything whatsoever about noise levels underway. Why is that ? I see the performance results at RPM but no sound level measurements of the same conditions.

Am I the only one interested in the noise level while underway ?
Old 08-27-2003, 04:33 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

The reason is that most tests are conducted at idle. Therefore, it's the db reading at idle that is the most critical.
Old 08-28-2003, 08:33 AM
Registered

Default mufflers

Hey Cord. I certainly understand that view. But, I am still interested in running without the noise sometimes. I've run loud boats for twenty-five years and sometimes I want to cruise with less noise. From what I read and hear, some manufacturers are installing full time mufflers straight from the factory. I just simply would like to know what the noise levels are at cruising speeds relative to non-muffler systems. It seems totally logical to me that some manufacturer has that info.

And further, some areas are now calling switchable mufflers inadequate and are writing citations. Many areas are now becoming concerned with more than just "idle" noise. Oshkosh, Wis is one area where they are cracking down. They are not just concerned with noise @ idle. Idle is not the only concern here in Tennessee either.

I hope some manufacturer will answer my question about cruise speed decibels. How about it HPI or CMI.
Old 08-28-2003, 05:23 PM
Hydro Power

deboatman

With our system it takes a lot of the noise out of the cockpit. Our one customer Dr. Santiago had to have ear plugs in when he was driving his boat. After he put our system on he quite having to put them in and he could talk to the other people on the boat when it was under power.
I hope that this answers your question.

Dan

Old 08-30-2003, 03:45 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

HPI, I'm in. You have PM. Thank you Marty.

Quick Reply: muffler test

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.