Notices

Key West WorldsThe Truth.

Old 09-18-2003, 12:04 AM
Brian_Reynolds

Default Mike A is NOT APBA

Originally posted by JKK
If the ABPA (Mike A) Let the stuff happen then it is the fault of the APBA period, there really is no other group out there with enough juice to screw up his program unless he allows it to happen, or we would all be racing for SBI. So to blame this on any other party outside of the APBA is purely ridiculous. Obviously someone doesn't know how to run the business and protect it's interests and in the end the racers, fans and sponsors are the ones that get Phuched, regardless of which story you believe.!!!!!!!!!!!

Two things.

1. You are absolutely correct in who's ultimately at fault here. He opted to have his media machine Promote, Advertise and get as many committments as possible for an event that was never even approved of by the APBA.

2. Would everyone here PLEASE PLEASE stop referring to Mike A. as "The APBA"!! Each time I read that misrepresentation posted by someone, it grinds on me like fingernails down a chalkboard!!
Mike Allweiss is NOT "The APBA", Mr. Steve Hearn would, I suppose, actually be considered "The APBA" (though in reality, no one person is "The APBA"), as Steve H. is the President of "The APBA". Mike Allweiss is the head of Offshore LLC (or whats left of it) and has very little to do with the running of the APBA overall now.

So Please everyone, for the good of ALL APBA members of all category's, when referring to Mike A. in your online posts or actual personal conversations, try NOT to mislabel or misrepresent his (or any of the LLC brass) actual title & main affiliation.
He is "The LLC", NOT "The APBA". The APBA as a whole, does NOT need nor want the general public or the mass media to be misled in thinking that Mike A. and his exploits is also "APBA's Leader, President and main representative".
Even the thought of that makes me ill...

Brian

Old 09-18-2003, 03:11 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

TO ANY OF YOU WHO ARE STILL LISTING.

I REALIZE THIS WHOLE THING IS VERY DISAPPOINTING. BUT IF YOU CAN LOOK THROUGH THE BULL**** MIKE A SHOULD ACTUALLY BE APPLAUDED FOR NOT BENDING OVER LIKE PEOPLE THOUGHT HE WOULD. HE HAS STOOD UP TIME AND TIME AGAIN FOR US RACERS WHETHER YOU THINK SO OR NOT AND TAKEN IT ON THE CHIN. IF WE ALL STAND BEHIND MIKE INSTEAD OF IN FRONT OF HIM HE WOULD BE ABLE TO GET A LOT MORE DONE. IT WILL BE A LONG ROAD BUT WE ARE ALMOST THERE. WE HAD A TASTE BUT WITH THE WAR IT WAS TAKEN AWAY, WITH THE ECONOMY AND A NEW YEAR COMING LET'S TRY ONE MORE TIME TO GIVE 100% SUPPORT. I THINK ALL OF YOU GUY'S AND GAL'S WILL FIND MANY THINGS DIFFERENT NEXT YEAR.

THIS SHOULD BE THE LAST AND FINALE STAND WE HAVE TO MAKE TO SHOW EVERYBODY WE WON'
T BE BOUGHT AND WE HAVE A GOOD PRODUCT TO SELL.

TREDAEWLL
Old 09-18-2003, 05:08 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Right on. This is already a royal mess, and we should refrain from trying to turn it into a god-awful mess by rehashing that APBA v.v. APBA crap.

These scorched earth tactics show an utter disregard for our sport, for the racers, for the public.

The public already has a hell of a time telling three world championships apart. And now they are being asked (by a one post wonder, no less) to tell two APBAs apart?

Give me a break.

Mike has the APBA-license. If I buy the license for a brand, I have bought the rights to the brand.

I will call APBA-Offshore APBA until the cows come home , at least until the APBA Offshore World Championship comes home to Key West where it belongs.

That hatchet has been buried. Keep it in the ground, or you'll end up buried right next to it.
Old 09-18-2003, 05:44 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Mike A is NOT APBA

Originally posted by Brian_Reynolds
Two things.

1. You are absolutely correct in who's ultimately at fault here. He opted to have his media machine Promote, Advertise and get as many commitments as possible for an event that was never even approved of by the APBA.

2. Would everyone here PLEASE PLEASE stop referring to Mike A. as "The APBA"!! Each time I read that misrepresentation posted by someone, it grinds on me like fingernails down a chalkboard!!
Mike Allweiss is NOT "The APBA", Mr. Steve Hearn would, I suppose, actually be considered "The APBA" (though in reality, no one person is "The APBA"), as Steve H. is the President of "The APBA". Mike Allweiss is the head of Offshore LLC (or whats left of it) and has very little to do with the running of the APBA overall now.

So Please everyone, for the good of ALL APBA members of all category's, when referring to Mike A. in your online posts or actual personal conversations, try NOT to mislabel or misrepresent his (or any of the LLC brass) actual title & main affiliation.
He is "The LLC", NOT "The APBA". The APBA as a whole, does NOT need nor want the general public or the mass media to be misled in thinking that Mike A. and his exploits is also "APBA's Leader, President and main representative".
Even the thought of that makes me ill...

Brian

Brian,

As someone that has been very critical of the LLC, I would say to you, make sure when you post to be up on current situations before you post. Steve Hearn was removed from office over month ago and the LLC is in negotiations with APBA BOD to stream line their license agreement , hopefully to the betterment of the sport and to make it so the racers don't always get the shaft in these issues. Hind sight is 20/20 and I think if the parties involved had it to do over again it would be done allot different. Now we have to deal with the future of the sport. Everyone that is an APBA member that either posts on these boat racing websites or just lurks had better be In Milwaukee in Feb. 2004 for the annual membership meeting because as members that is the best place to get things heard, questions answered, and concerns addressed all in one place and time.

Matt Barrett
Old 09-18-2003, 08:06 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mike A, I'm with you and APBA all the way ! Location WELL It's there loss not ours! Jo