Notices

APBA/UIM Offshore World Championships Update

Old 09-18-2003, 07:39 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go Ryan,
Wow, an opportunity to agree with you. SQ
Orders for 08' DVC hulls now being taken.
Old 09-18-2003, 08:15 PM
Ricochet Mike

Is it time to call the France family for advice yet ?????

Old 09-18-2003, 09:48 PM
Registered

Treadwell, you've got the best insight into this, and interesting enough, kitchen cabinets is what I do. Mills kept stringing APBA along thinking that the closer "race day" got, the more leverage he would have in trying to beat down the sanction fee that he knew and agreed to well in advance. He NEVER figured that APBA-Offshore would tell him to shove it and actually leave Key West. I really feel that Mills thought he was "above" having to keep the committment he'd made with APBA-Offshore. It just sucks that the racers, the fans, and the sport itself is the one who ends up paying the piper. Outlaw
Old 09-19-2003, 06:57 AM
shoregasm

Question

Will anyone really win the championship now that racers are split. Go to whichever site you want, or are forced to, but no matter what, not everyone will be there now !!!

IN YOUR HEARTS will y ou really be happy with your win???

I know my sponsors are not..... few as they may be, they are important to me, and one is not coming back now after all this mess. Mabey Mike and Lee will pick up that portion of $$$ that I just lost

Last edited by shoregasm; 09-19-2003 at 07:05 AM.

Old 09-19-2003, 07:13 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by Formula Outlaw
Treadwell, you've got the best insight into this, and interesting enough, kitchen cabinets is what I do. Mills kept stringing APBA along thinking that the closer "race day" got, the more leverage he would have in trying to beat down the sanction fee that he knew and agreed to well in advance. He NEVER figured that APBA-Offshore would tell him to shove it and actually leave Key West. I really feel that Mills thought he was "above" having to keep the committment he'd made with APBA-Offshore. It just sucks that the racers, the fans, and the sport itself is the one who ends up paying the piper. Outlaw
The problem is if they knew what they were doing there is NO WAY this could ever happen and as has been said over and over this is NOT the first time, not the second time, not even the third time that this has happened. They say over and over again next year the races are in stone and next year rolls around and they contunue to move races. So what are we sapposed to believe. I am sure that Mr. Mills tried to hold them hostage however with proper contracts they would be working on next year not this year at this time!!!! This year should be a non issue. Even with all the BS two years ago in the Keys SBI still ate some crow and had their last race in the keys. I am just saying that APBA should have done the same.

Jon
Old 09-19-2003, 08:10 AM
Registered

Originally posted by Ryan Beckley
BOTTOM LINE---------EVERYONE LOSES!!!!!!!!!

I feel the worst for other racers and mostley for the FANS that have scheduled there whole year around going to Key West. Alot of people saw this comming months ago and here it is. There are alot of people going to lose alot of money & time in this whole deal becuase of a few people. No ONE person is to blame. There are three sides to every story his-theres- and THE TRUTH. Now we all know that will probably never come out so the time is now to pick where you are going and make the best of the situation. I am Sure the People in Orange Beach are going to do a phenomanal job putting on the best race possible. My true feelings are that like MOST people I belive this should still be worked out an raced in Key West thats where they should be always have always will. hell I knew that when I was SEVEN years old and watched my first race there in 1982. Ever since then I get goosebumps just thinkg about the races there in November. I've watched triumph and tragedy there, one of my early heros in life lost his there when I was 11. But each of us have our own thoughts about KW because it is TRADITION. Which goes along with words like HONOR, RESPECT, & DIGNITY to bad all that has been lost in this. I know this may sound kind of goofy but all I've wanted to do since I saw my first race was to race and now I'm doing it, and I'll still be racing when most of todays teams are gone because I love it. But this crap is ridicoulus how can a few poeple ruin our whole year. I've heard both sides of this and the bottom line it's all about MONEY & POWER.
I don't think anymore needs to be said. An absolutely perfect post my man!
Old 09-19-2003, 08:29 AM
Registered

Boat Girl - Exit 9. You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take the Jersey out of the girl! And you?

It's really a shame what has been going on in and around this sport. Does anyone from APBA read these threads?
Old 09-19-2003, 08:36 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally posted by Always a NJ Girl
Does anyone from APBA read these threads?
Yes. Who do you think posted this one?
Old 09-19-2003, 08:37 AM
Registered

Originally posted by Always a NJ Girl
Boat Girl - Exit 9. You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take the Jersey out of the girl! And you?
"We're not in New Jersey, we're in South Jersey"...from the Sopranos and they were talking about exit 12.
Old 09-19-2003, 10:25 AM
Registered

Baja Daze - Posting is one thing, but do they actually come back and read the thoughts and ideas of the people who race, the crews who make the boats perform and the people who watch them or sponsor them?

Mr. Velocity - That was good. 12 being south? Where are the exits like 4 and 5? Philly?

To all of you - good luck in getting things running you way you want it to run. Sounds like there is much room for improvement. Hopefully next year will be put together earlier and with more concrete dates so people like me who like to watch can make arrangements to be at as many races as possible.

Quick Reply: APBA/UIM Offshore World Championships Update

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.