Talking Re: Re: Re: Yeah Right!!!

Originally posted by DaveP
It must be little reggie!
I think it's HOTFOOT
Old 09-17-2003, 05:58 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Gordo,
The Daytona issue was rumors at the race site itself and then confirmed at the friday night drivers meeting that it had been resolved the day before. The Sarasota issue was stated to me by a city councilman of Sarasota. The St Pete issue is just grumblings at this point coming out of the west coast(of Fla) due to the fact of why didnt LLC have the race there last year, being in their backyard so to speak.

Gordo, I have said it before and I will say it again, I race the LLC circuit, the SBI circuit, The OPA circuit and the only I care about is racing. I just know that with SBI and OPA I have not had to make any changes to my travel itenerary at all since March.

I am not defending Lee in any way whatsoever, but why does everyone point the fingers at him, it is NOT totally his fault. He is part to blame yes, but the almighty Glass house of yours called the almighty LLC has screwed the pooch on this one bigtime. UIM was in NC doing kilos this year not Savanah doing the speed trials.

My question to you is why is LLC in and out of court?, why did Detroit pull away?, why did Merc pull away? Why are the fans that requested for time off between the 17 and 23 of Novemeber pissed after losing money to the airlines amongst other things. Without us, the racers, LLC, SBI, OPA are all nothing. Without the fans, we the racers are nothing.
Gordo please quit defending them. Just go to ALA and have a great time, while the rest of us head down to the keys and enjoy the scuba diving. Better yet, go down to Westport and have a beer and think about what the fans are saying about this mess. They are not happy and when the fans lose interest how are you going to explain it to your sponsor? I know mine already has questions.
Old 09-17-2003, 06:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This whole thing blows. Looks like a bunch of greedy, unorganised egotistical aholes that can't get their sh*t together. Please, how many years have they raced in Key West in November? Since before Don Aronow. Again for the bazillionth time, the powers that be f#$ked up this sport again by diluting the one race that everyone can sort of rely on. ( can you say Biloxi ) Was there no middle ground between the LLC and Lee Mills that would have allowed, at this late date, a great race in the one city in this country that rocks during race week. Nobody will ever know the real truth here except to say that they both could have compromised and spent the next 10 months arguing over next year.

Nascar, please! This sport is so rediculously far from being anything like that organization it's a joke. How good would the Daytona 500 be in Mayberry?

The sad thing is that the racers, who put it on the line everytime to win, for no monetary reasons at all, have to put up with this crap all the time. The fans and participants deserve something better than this every friggin year. Is anyone listening? NK
Old 09-17-2003, 06:14 PM
Registered

F1-00 Racing,

How was UIM in NC doing kilos

SBI has no affiliation with UIM.
Old 09-17-2003, 07:08 PM
Registered

I got an Idea...how bout the Jersey Boyz/ OPA worlds in KW.
Attached Thumbnails Key West - Words From the Mayor-opa-logo.gif  
Old 09-17-2003, 07:09 PM
Registered

a UIM official was flown in to observe and make sure there was no funny business. And with the way this season has gone, who the hell has affliation with who anymore?
Old 09-17-2003, 07:17 PM
Registered

Flown in from where... Monaco

APBA is the sole authority of UIM in the United States. UIM does not even have "officials" in the sense of the word your using here.

Sounds like there was "funny business" afterall
Old 09-17-2003, 09:33 PM
Gold Member

I believe what I said earlier today was reinforced by Mr. Mills himself in another post..

"We have been seeking over the last two months, in good faith, to negotiate a fair and reasonable sanction agreement with the management of APBA Offshore. We are very disappointed that their position was both non-communicative and intransient. I suppose that this is their right, but it represents a cold and insensitive attitude towards the race teams and event promoters they should be looking out for. We saw this coming a few weeks ago and accordingly established our own independent website and instituted a direct mail marketing campaign to keep the race teams, fans and sponsors informed. "

From my understanding in reading that, the dues have not been paid. I may be reading this wrong, but why else would the APBA move the race if they ARE paid?
Old 09-18-2003, 08:33 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Negotiating, my ass! More like not wanting to pay the fee previously agreed to.
Old 09-18-2003, 09:20 AM
deepvcatss12

Baja Daze
soundes like Mills got his idea from watching the LLC dealing with the APBA

Quick Reply: Key West - Words From the Mayor

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.