Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
The Key West OS WORLDS are a GO, by Lee Mills!! >

The Key West OS WORLDS are a GO, by Lee Mills!!

Notices

The Key West OS WORLDS are a GO, by Lee Mills!!

Old 09-18-2003, 06:14 AM
WickedWon

Default Mr. Mills Please STOP !!

This crazy hobby and sport is already seen as ludicrous by most people, and for good reason ( thank God they don't know how much we really spend ). Please don't embarrass us any more by luring the unsuspecting casual fan to what they think ( and used to be) the best of the best in OffShore. What little respect the general public has for our passion will be destroyed when you rip them off with this SCAM.

As a person who has been involved with the sport for over 25 years I see this misleading debacle doing irreparable damage to the tradition of boat racing in Key West in the future. Please fold your tent and start working on next year today.

BTW I have spent between $ 2500 and $ 15,000 per year in Key West during race week for nineteen years. Please don't tarnish the memories by turning the KEY WEST WORLDS into a bad joke.

Sincerely, Jim Deitz

Old 09-18-2003, 06:16 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Grin: Read that letter, who writes it, who it is addressed to, what it is in reference to. Then find the draft permit attached to same letter. That would answer all of your questions. You need to go to spin school.
Old 09-18-2003, 06:26 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

AMEN GORDO
Old 09-18-2003, 07:41 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sam Griffith, Forest Johnson, Jim Breuil, Red Crise and the other founders and supporters of modern offshore racing must be looking down (or up) at these *******s with a tear in their collective eyes. It ain't working, guys.
Old 09-18-2003, 07:47 AM
BILL W

LEE MILLS & YOUR SUPPORTERS,

T M B

TONGUE MY BALLS

You took a good thing and screwed it up,thanks.

Old 09-18-2003, 07:51 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Same Old Story

SBI
ABPA
OPA
AND NOW

LM OFFSHORE
Attached Images  
Old 09-18-2003, 07:54 AM
Registered

I don't race but 6 of us were planning to come to Key West. We canceled our reservations. This is a complete lack of respect for other human beings in general. I'm pissed at Lee Mills and the APBA. Neither party has an excuse why they couldn't have informed the public before now. If they couldn't come to an agreement, why didn't the APBA just let someone else put it on or at least notify the city of KW of the situation?
I have lost a lot of respect for everyone involved in this nonsense. It is obvious to me that you don't care anyway...

Thanks to both parties for screwing things up for a lot of innocent people with your arrogant BS.

Dean Peters
Old 09-18-2003, 08:11 AM
Registered

Please refer back to my post # 25 in this thread. Several sources "in the loop" have confirmed that "I hit the nail on the head". How many of you are contractors, agree to a price with a customer, then the customer at the last minute tries any manner possible to get you to lower your price? What would your reaction be? Probably same as mine, and as "others". In my opinion, and we all know what opinions are worth, Mr. Mills is responsible for this complete mess. He tried pulling some sh*t, and got told to shove it.
And as I understand, "VERY plain and VERY clear".
All we can do is try our best to stay the course and have reason to hope that next year will be, to quote Aerosmith, "Back in the Saddle Again". Outlaw
Old 09-18-2003, 08:24 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Way to go, Lee! You royally Fvcked-up what was supposed to be the best week of the year for a great many people!

My reservations are cancelled.
Old 09-18-2003, 08:24 AM
Registered

"We have been seeking over the last two months, in good faith, to negotiate a fair and reasonable sanction agreement with the management of APBA Offshore"

God help us when all the racing organizations and promoters are dirty dealing scum bag. All of them fithy with thier hands in the till.

"Tongue My Balls"
THe best quote here.

Quick Reply: The Key West OS WORLDS are a GO, by Lee Mills!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.