Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
The Key West OS WORLDS are a GO, by Lee Mills!! >

The Key West OS WORLDS are a GO, by Lee Mills!!

Notices

The Key West OS WORLDS are a GO, by Lee Mills!!

Old 09-18-2003, 05:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Peconic
Grin: Read that letter, who writes it, who it is addressed to, what it is in reference to. Then find the draft permit attached to same letter. That would answer all of your questions. You need to go to spin school.
Peconic,

I'm not trying to spin anything, I'm in complete agreement with you on this issue. And am wondering why things got this far along before the racers were told. I think it sucks that Mr. Mills promised things to the Hydro racers and none of that is going to happen either.
That was the purpose of my post, Lee made the promises but didn't even file for the permits. You don't need to be the Judge, Jury and Executioner of people making comments on this issue.

Matthew Barrett
Old 09-18-2003, 05:47 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Gordo
"negotiate a fair and reasonable sanction agreement"???

Lee, isn't the sanction fee pretty much set?
In other words, you tried to wring as much money as possible out of the Racers. And when the management of APBA Offshore-LLC stood up for the racers, you didn't like that, did you?

I'm tired of your attempts to screw the racers every chance you get. Your ideas of "screw the racers, they have the money!" pisses me off just thinking about it.
I hope the good people of Key West see what you've done to them when you screwed the pooch.
Hopefully, they'll ask us back next year, without you.
DEERFIELD NO WHINING
Old 09-18-2003, 05:49 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

More than 110 boats....... Boy is he gonna be surprised.........
Maybe Mr. Mills was including the spectator fleet and a few cruise ships.

No way, no how - not going. Reservations cancelled 20 minutes ago.
Old 09-18-2003, 06:01 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

This all sucks .........

On a good note , Does this mean if I am the only one to show up and run, I will be the World Champion ?

Got to go put my 7.5 Sears motor on the jon boat and toss it on the roof of the car now ! It's the only boat I have that runs ! Who wants to throttle !
Old 09-18-2003, 06:27 PM
Steve_H

Originally posted by boot
This all sucks .........

On a good note , Does this mean if I am the only one to show up and run, I will be the World Champion ?

Got to go put my 7.5 Sears motor on the jon boat and toss it on the roof of the car now ! It's the only boat I have that runs ! Who wants to throttle !

Old 09-18-2003, 06:57 PM
Pat D.

Talking

Boot........
Very funny!!!!!!

You could take your "rig" down a couple of weeks early and enter it in the Fantasy Fest parade and maybe get
an extra trophy

Old 09-18-2003, 08:54 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

I was at the Milwaukee Drivers meeting when Mike Tomlinson announced that there would be no changes to the schedule for the rest of the year.

I doubt he intentionally lied.

The real problem with offshore racing is that no one owns the race course. No one ownes the stadium. It is not a sport where promoters can make a lot of money and it's definitly not a sport where racers can make any money.

At least it should be fun.
Old 09-18-2003, 11:20 PM
Registered

Regardless of who is right or wrong, regardless how much money is being wasted on this fighting, it is just plain bad for the sport and could eliminate it entirely. I hate to see a great sport being dragged under by egos. The racers are here, the fans are here,the promoters are here, the advertisers are here, this is not rocket science. If you build it they will come. Now start building and stop destroying. The people who pay the bills..us as consumers...are done throwing good money at bad.
Old 09-19-2003, 06:53 AM
shoregasm

Formula Outlaw

Your right, except for one thing.... In an event this large, that effect so many, and has so much press..... If you are the APBA you just shut your mouth and DO IT !!! That's what really counts is not having all this BAD PRESS..... THEN you work it out for upcoming years that no one can ever do this to you again if you feel you have been wronged....

Just like we all do with our businesses..... Now none of us really know who is right in this, and it really doesn't matter. That's what we have a governing body handling the APBA for. Bite the bullet and stay in KW this year regardless of what hits you have to take for the good of the sport. Then take your "legal" team and straighten it out for other years to come.

Just think of how much good blood would be flowing after the fact if everyone found out that you really did this MIKE ?? After all it really falls on you to keep it together as you have proven with your "victories" over the Detroit group....

Old 09-19-2003, 06:57 AM
shoregasm

for everyone going to OB, will you really goint to win the "offical title" either when some boats are chosing or forced to stay in KW ????

IN YOUR HEARTS ???

Quick Reply: The Key West OS WORLDS are a GO, by Lee Mills!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.