Notices

OT- 2004 Ford GT-40

Old 02-02-2004, 09:33 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's the deal on dealer allocation for the GT. For the 2005 and 2006 model year the plan is to build a total of 3500 units (1750 per year). There are 3 ways a dealer can get one (or more).
1. By winning Ford's President Award. All winners (340 of them) earn one GT allocation.
2. Allocation will be awarded based on each dealership's percent of total car sales to national Ford retail car sales. I.E. if I sell 100 Ford cars retail in a year and Ford nationally retails 100,000 (hypothetical #'s) I would earn .1% of the national GT allocation.
3. After the above allocation remaining GT allocation will be awarded based on a lottery. I have no idea how many units will be held for the lottery.

The best way to find a dealer that will have one is to find a president's award winner. I would bet that most dealerships have deposits on hand already. I know we've had lots of people try to give us one. I haven't taken any because if we're lucky enough to get one - I'M KEEPING IT!!! Sorry.
Old 02-02-2004, 09:47 AM
Registered

Yes it's bad a s s, but I wish Ford would build a car that was as good or better than the Corvette for about the same price. Why cant somebody else build a cool car that dosn't cost so dam much you don't want to drive it. Ford has that new Mustang coming out but it's still going to be way down on HP. I will always Drive Ford Truck's but IMHO I think the cars need some work. Build more and lower the prices the new Cobra is going to be way over 100K and your going to have to be somebody bto get it. The Vette is still the best car for the $$$.
Old 02-02-2004, 10:03 AM
Registered

Ford definitely needs to improve their cars - we are telling them that every day, and by and large I think they have heard. It will take a little while to see for sure though. You are definitely right about the vette. Ford needs to build a serious competitor. The Mustang, SVT or otherwise, certainly isn't one. The GT is a "supercar" which is a totally different segment than the vette.

As for the Cobra, if you're talking about the concept vehicle reminiscent of the old Shelby's, current word from Ford to us it that there are no plans for production, but anything is possible.
Old 02-02-2004, 10:04 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looking forward to seeing one in the rear view mirror of the Supra

Roby
Old 02-02-2004, 10:57 AM
Registered

Originally posted by Dean Ferry
Awesome car! It will be interesting to see how it compares to the VIPER.
MD
Judging by the comparison with the Ferrari Challenge Stradale and Porsche GT3 done by C & D, it is gonna eat Vipers for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

0 - 150mph:

Porsche & Ferrari: 23.9 sec.
Ford GT: 16.9 sec. (NOT a typo.)

Damn.
Old 02-02-2004, 10:58 AM
Registered

Originally posted by robyw1
Looking forward to seeing one in the rear view mirror of the Supra

Roby
As it passes you???
Old 02-02-2004, 12:17 PM
Registered

Restabr, I just hope they build the Cobra. I watched a show about it and it would be a shame to have Carol Shelby see it and have input on it then not build it. It may be the last car he has anything to do with.

I love my Fords I have had 3 Mustangs 1 of them was in the World of Wheels 2 years, 3 Bronco's 66, 68, 79 still have the 68 with over 15k into it just to make it unstoppable off road. 3 F350 psd crew cabs still have a 2000 drw 4x4. and Expeditions, Explorers and many other fords not worth noting but the first Vette I bought was an 86 then a 93, then an 82 (just to sell it for profit) then a 99. I was planning to get a C6 this year but now I am thinking about the new CTS V-series Caddy. I can't see me buying a Ford car until the make something that ranks up with GM, and some of the Dodge stuff now.

I heard all the talk about Fords new 500, it's a Tortis. My wife already has one. Are they scared to build cool cars at Ford, do they think people wont buy them?
Old 02-02-2004, 12:59 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

an interesting thing about the new GT-40. Ford was unable to secure the use of the name "GT-40" from the company that now owns it (Saffir i believe). the car is actually called the "GT" but the gereral public still calls it the GT40. nowhere on the new car or advertising do you see them use the 40. atleast i think thats how it panned out. awsome ride none the less. cant wait to get my hands on one.

i actually know the owner of the original #11 Miles/Gurney GT40. it was the 2nd car built in original race program in the 60's. the guy also has three 427 Cobras. unreal carsl

lapse- i have a 77 Bronco Ranger pkg. with 52K orginal miles on it. there is no better off road truck. yep . . love my Fords
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )

Last edited by glassdave; 02-02-2004 at 01:11 PM.
Old 02-02-2004, 01:07 PM
Registered

Originally posted by KaamaScarab30
As it passes you???
hmm...... I'm thinking.......NOT
Old 02-02-2004, 01:29 PM
Registered

Robyw1 is your Supra one of the one's that has to race from a 50 mph roll to be fast or is it set up to be able to run from a dead stop? I can't remember who it was on this board that had one but I was trying to get a race with a sportbike and they only wanted to race from a roll.

Quick Reply: OT- 2004 Ford GT-40

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.