Old 11-13-2003, 09:46 PM
packinair

I have 2 things for this thread..
1)I love my corvette
2)my mom can beat up your mom

Old 11-13-2003, 10:12 PM
Registered

My Boats: 2004 Gladiator

I would like to get my hands on one of those Ford GT-40's......now that is going to be one kick a$$ car.....very limited production and you are going to have to have quite a bank roll to get one I suspect....
Old 11-14-2003, 10:23 AM
Registered

My Boats: 41 apache

you got to love them!!!
Attached Thumbnails
2005 c6 corvette?-lbc.jpg  
Old 11-14-2003, 11:05 AM
Registered

My Boats: 1998 Wellcraft 22' Scarab

Yes again I love the Corvette but I don't think it is asking too much for a big horsepower increase. I just took the time this morning to drive a Z06. (close friend works at exotic dealership) Yes it was a nice car and the interior wasn't bad either. I couldn't see were the abovementioned "cheap plastic interior" was any worse than my Supra. However it did not feel like 405-HP it was by my standards weak. The shift linkage was terrible, the clutch was soft and the engine had that typical high RPM vibration you get from a pushrod motor. When you shift my Supra there are no long throws, no missed gears, the clutch is rock solid and the engine just sails to 8K on 26-psi boost. I'm sorry but for the price of this car I expected a better powertrain. This is my opinion and if you want to bash me that is fine. I don't think you can modify this engine block with enough power to beat an APU Supra. It ain't gonna happen. MTI is doing the C5 mods right with 427 cu-in small blocks and yes they are running with the APU Supra’s, but not on the stock block. I think that the Supra engine is by far the best-engineered production block in the world. It looks like a high quality piece from a machine shop rather than a production cast unit. I guess that is why the stock Supra block can handle more than 1200 HP. What can the Corvette block handle?

Again I love the C5, Corvette but I hoping for better things to come for the C6.

Roby

Last edited by robyw1; 11-14-2003 at 11:09 AM.
Old 11-14-2003, 11:49 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

My Boats: 37 Outerlimits & Sweetwater 2486 Tritoon 140HP

Robyw1
I happen to own an 03 Z06. You know what I'm NOT going to do? Bash your Supra. I think they are nice cars, and while I didn't watch the video, I checked out the black one on the site and it's sweet. I'm not sure if that's yours or simliar to yours or what.

Before you start bashing Fountains too, I also like Scarabs. Not going to say anything bad about them. I may own one someday.

You should try to be a little more mature and not think what you own is better than everyone elses.

This discussion boards continues to just bash away at all kinds of things.
Old 11-14-2003, 12:22 PM
Registered

My buddy's Z06 is coming in for motor work this winter. Guaranteed 750 rwhp. Can't wait to see what kind of numbers he pulls at the track.
Old 11-14-2003, 12:23 PM
Registered

My Boats: 1998 Wellcraft 22' Scarab

I not getting involved in a mine is better than yours deal. The fact is if yours is newer than 98 (and it is) yours is better than mine. It will sell for more, probably a lot tighter and all. And in No way am I going to bash Fountains. In my opinion they are the very best performance boat out there. I have read a lot about Reggie and understand his 2nd to none attitude. It is okay to bash my Scarab. It is only a 22 w/ 310-HP not by far anything compared to most of the boats here. I bought it to have fun with and in the future work on as I did my Supra. Scarabs are gone now so it won't take them long to be primitive. I just like the brand Wellcraft because I have had very good luck with them and I like Miami Vice. (Well except for the out of date fashion and brick cell phones)

I feel like I have to keep repeating myself that I like the Corvette and its very unique style. But I don't think that Bowling Green is doing enough to make the car exciting. If I didn't like the car I wouldn't bother posting to this thread. I just stated that I thought it's current power plant was weak and I don't like the way they keep trying to improve a dead horse. GM is known for trying to add a fresh approach to these tired old power plants. America needs a world-class sports car, and the Viper is really the only contender right now. And I ask you why was Dodge able to bring in the Viper and almost immediately making it out perform the Corvette? Does that sit well with you as a Corvette lover? It sure doesn’t me! Did Reggie Fountain just sit around and be content when Wellcraft took the kilo record? NO He took it and never looked back. Well that is the attitude I thing the engineers in Bowling Green should have with the Corvette. and they don't.

Roby
Old 11-14-2003, 12:26 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Well, you can count me as one of the guys with a bike who had a car keep up. He didn't beat me, but was damn close enough to impress me.
Years ago, on my old gsxr1100, I was coming home from NYC, and this guy in a Cobra replica started messing around. We were having fun for a while, so I finally decided to hammer it and leave.
At about 150-160, I glance next to me, and the Cobra was right there. Surpised the hell out of me.
No idea what was in it for power, but whatever it was, it was definitely quick.
Old 11-14-2003, 08:06 PM
Registered

My Boats: was a 89" Formula 311-SR1

I got a ride in a 67 427 Shelby Cobra (original) with a Holman-Moody prepped 427 "side-oiler" engine in it. Made around 675-700 hp at the rear wheels. He ran custom Good Year "Blue Streaks" tires, and the acceleration in that little Cobra was just brutal. If there was a hundred million dollar cashier's check on the dashboard, up to 175 mph there is now way in hell you could ever get your arm up to grab it. That thing flat planted you in that seat, making you feel like the seat back was not going to hold with the force you were feeling. I will never ever forget that ride, and the grin on the owner could only be duplicated by Jack Nicholson.
Old 11-17-2003, 07:21 AM
Registered

My Boats: Formula 271 sr1 1993

Hey if any of you are interested in street racing,
and want to see a corvette and a honda nsx drive thru Stockholm Swaden att night , just go to this site and order a copy of getaway in stockholm4.

I have seen all the films they have made, and it is WILD!!!.

In getaway in stockholm 2 they are driving a toyota supra.

http://www.getawayinstockholm.com/
Attached Thumbnails
2005 c6 corvette?-gis4_corvette.jpeg