Skin cancer, whose had it??? >

Skin cancer, whose had it???

Notices

Skin cancer, whose had it???

Old 11-18-2003, 12:41 AM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Other than the typical mole-like signs, what other things should we be looking at when doing a self examination? I've gotten a couple of very small dry scaly patches on my forehead the past couple of years and I guess I should have them looked at.
Old 11-18-2003, 06:39 AM
Registered

"Reckless", they look like anything that doesn't look like anything else, if that makes any sense. Dry scaly patches are certainly one of the most common. They can appear as small red or brown spots. A melonoma will appear usually in the beginning the size of a pencil eraser, can be red, brown, black, or even blue in color. The trick of spotting a melonoma is that the outside edges are not the same, as in if you folded a pancake over the edge would reasonably match up together evenly, if you fold a melonoma over, the edges will be all out of whack. Most of mine started as either red sports or the dry scaly patches. GET THE DAMN THINGS CHECKED NOW, NOT TOMORROW, BUT FRIGGIN NOW. If it's a Basil Cell Carcinoma, that's the most common, least dangerous. Squamous Cell Carcinoma and Melonoma are a whole different ball game. They can spread, quickly if in the right are, AND THEY CAN KILL YOU. Make no mistake, they can kill you. Find a Doctor who specializes in skin cancers, not just a dermatologist. Efedex cream can help, so can freezing them with liquid nitrogen, but if the biopsy comes back either Squamous or Melonoma, don't screw around, get them surgically removed and get them gone. Outlaw
Old 11-18-2003, 08:48 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Here's a link to a page on my web site that has pictures and a few sentences about the different types of skin cancers.

http://home.columbus.rr.com/mtboats/skincancer.html

I can't agree more with Formula Outlaw about seeing a doctor or surgeon who specializes in skin cancer rather than a dermatologist.