Notices

Key West Report

Old 11-20-2003, 08:25 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I watched the races yesterday afternoon - I'll wager a guess and say 25-30 total between the two races.
Old 11-20-2003, 08:31 AM
Registered

WHM rolled yesterday and ripped the canopy right off. Fortunately - word is that the crew is ok.

Seas were ROUGH! We were out near turn 4 in a 30 Concept. A little sore today!
Old 11-20-2003, 08:52 AM
Registered

THE JACK AND COKE SHOULD TAKE CARE OF IT,KEEP DAVE AND CHARLIE IN LINE AND SELL DAVE A TOP GUN.
Old 11-20-2003, 09:02 AM
Registered

Crazy Charlie & Reliable Ray were the only 2 of my crew that didn't bail on me! Everyone else said 'BUH-BYE!" hahaha

Your cohort SUPER DAVE had the opportunity to go out with us but bailed as well. We picked him up on duval in the dually as we were heading back to shower and get into some dry duds. We all called him a PUSS but in actuallity he was smarter than the 3 of us! hahahaha

I'm taking him for a demo ride in the 30 concept this weekend!
Old 11-20-2003, 11:39 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Default race update

The first race was cancelled. The afternoon race started in very windy conditions, lots of big waves offshore. A lot of boats didn't finish due to equipment failure. Team Pantera in F-2 looked really strong, as well as Ettore. WHM flipped (crew is ok), and Spiderman didn't finish. The local paper reports that 20-25 more boats will arrive for Fridays race, and the 3 supercats that are here will stay and race this weekend. A cold front moved in yesterday (65), but today is sunny and cool! Also, the parade looked really good on Duval street, the rigs were all looking good!
Old 11-20-2003, 11:49 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

If 20-25 more boats are expected, then how do those people expect to compete when they missed the first race? Or does Mills do some funny scoring, like best 2 out of 3 or something like that??? Maybe draw straws or flip a coin to crown the World champ.

We shall see.
Old 11-22-2003, 08:17 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Default update

As of Friday night, I haven't seen any other race boats arriving here. Rumor has it that the promoter (Mills) is offering $1,000 to any poker run boat that wants to race. This means that the rules are out the window!
Can you imagine watching poker run boats competing with race boats? If this happens, I am thankful that I am here to watch it! The block party on Duval was awesome last night! Lots of fun, a big crowd, T-Shirt sales were incredible, long lines at Cigarette and Spiderman! Today, there is 1 race at 11:00. Tomorrow, 2 races are scheduled. Also, the Florida Powerboat Club members all arrived yesterday, lots of big Nor-Techs, Outerlimits, Cigarettes, Skaters, etc. I have never seen so many awesome poker run boats in 1 place! I think over 100 boats made this run! Later, I off to the races!
Old 11-22-2003, 09:32 AM
CBPBA's Walmart Greeter
VIP Member

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

All in all, people are having a good time and making the best of the situation. Keep in mind many already had reservations, and were looking forward to this trip. The parties have been a hoot, Duval Street is crawling with fans, and the weather's been relatively good since Thursday morning. By the way, the 1st race was cancelled to allow sea turtles to clear the course (no joke, it's in the local papers).

A lot of poker runners made it in last night before dusk, after a long trip from Lauderdale. The Chesapeake Bay is well represented for your DelMarVa natives, Keyed Up, K&B Auto, Artemis, Cancun Cantina and a few others are here.

Gotta go, time to refill my margarita glass!!

-----------------------------------------

CHESAPEAKE BAY POWER BOAT ASSOCIATION
'http://www.cbpba.com'

"Experience is something you don't have until just after you need it."