Too Old.. uh oh.. this cant be good >

Too Old.. uh oh.. this cant be good

Notices

Too Old.. uh oh.. this cant be good

Old 11-19-2003, 04:24 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I worked in the food industry for a while. It became apparent to me that there was absolutly no way you'd ever win. No matter how hard you worked to clean, it wasn't good enough. There was always something that you missed. Add on top of that minimum wage workers that don't give a dam*, you are even further behind the 8 ball.
Old 11-19-2003, 04:28 PM
Registered

I did some work a while back at 2 Chik-Filas' (however it's spelled) within a few miles of eachother , one was managed by this really young guy and one by an older seemingly seasoned manager..

I was completely shocked to find that the one managed by the youngster was the absolute cleanest eating est. I have ever seen in my life.....I have been in the kitchens of the finest resturants around and been digusted by the cleanliness.

You never know what your gonna get from anywhere...I just shut my eyes and try not to think about it...
Old 11-19-2003, 05:25 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lightbulb Well...

You could always eat at Popeyes!!!!

Old 11-19-2003, 09:58 PM
Banned

I don't know how many of you have been at the receiving end of a health department inspection, but you can't win anyway. They HAVE to find something to write up to justify their jobs sometimes, not all of them, but there are more like that than you think. I was managing a restaurant once when everything was perfect. They had to find something so they wrote me up because the lid to the dumpster was open. There were four other businesses using the same dumpster.

I have also had inspectors absolutely contradict themselves. For instance, we had the plastic cylinders that we used to run the silverware through the dishwasher, and also stored clean silverware in the same cylinders. One inspector told me to store them with the handles up, so the eating part wouldn't be exposed to air borne "contamination". The very next inspection, a different inspector wrote me up to storing it that way, saying that debris collects in the bottom of the cylinders!!!!!!!!???????? WTF, didn't make any difference to me which way they wanted it! And God help you if an inspector comes in with a new inspector they are training!

I managed several restaraunts in my day and here is how I would rate them. This was many years ago, and some are owned by different corporations now.

Cleanest:

1 Red Lobster (they had their own inspectors who were tougher and actually had more athourity than the county inspector)

2 Wendy's ( The store I was at was probably one of the cleanest in the chain, we won the Sparkle award with regularity)

Worst:
Morrison's Cafeteria (The managers were so presured to make "PAC" (percentage after controllables) that they cut costs wherever possible, and one of the main one's was not buying cleaners from the commisary, but at grocery stores.

Bottom line is, any can be clean or dirty, it depends more upon the management of that particular store than is does with the corporation name on the sign.

If you want to know what the kitchen is like, just take a real close look at the public areas. If they are immacutlate (as much as possible) then the kitchen and the method of handling food is most likely top notch also. If the public areas are neglected, you are better off not knowing what is behind the wall.

Last edited by cuda; 11-19-2003 at 10:02 PM.
Old 11-19-2003, 10:06 PM
Banned

Oh yeah, I guess I should comment on McDonalds since they are my main source of income, but I've never managed one. They are pretty clean too when compared to other fast food places, I'd rate them near the top, especially corporate stores. Corporate stores use managers from other stores to do their own in house inspections. It seems to work well.
Old 11-19-2003, 10:25 PM
Xtreme Cooler Test Dumby
Platinum Member

What did you expect from $5.15 hr. help? You get $5.15 clean. If you want $10 clean you have to pay for it. Half the people that work at these rest. still don't know their ssn.
Old 11-19-2003, 11:40 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Stan those spices in the Popeye's spicy chicken would kill anything.It sure is good though. I guess I should order the mild next time

The Health dept shut down a Burger King last year and its still closed . Must of been bad. Hell I ate there the day before they shut down. I am still here.Its prob all the Bud lite antibiotics I take all the time

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 11-20-2003, 04:34 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You just never know. I worked in a hospital kitchen. Not only did the employees send out for meals, we flunked the health inspection twice in the year I was there...

Scott B
Old 11-20-2003, 06:02 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Rob, I,ve had inspectors that pretty much cover the spectrum that everone is talking about , and the absolute worst are the newbies in training. I have never gotten a 100% grade in any of my 40 rest. I was told by one of top dogs that would raise too many eyebrows. They hve gone so far as taking points off for slight dust on top of ice machine. And I do mean slight. As far as the spicy recipe I worked in the original commissary in 1974 when there was only three Popeyes in New Orleans. I could tell it to you but then I would have to kill you. (grin,grin) Stan
Old 11-20-2003, 07:04 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 138 Likes on 83 Posts

I've always mixed in a little gear oil and grime in with my food to keep my immune system on top of its game (most of the sandwiches I ate as a kid had black fingerprints on the bread after the first couple of bites).

I figure I've contracted and fought off everything from salmonella to e-coli.

Quick Reply: Too Old.. uh oh.. this cant be good

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.