Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
OT: Midwest Golden Retriever breeders? >

OT: Midwest Golden Retriever breeders?

Notices

OT: Midwest Golden Retriever breeders?

Old 11-29-2003, 02:19 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question OT: Midwest Golden Retriever breeders?

We a looking for a golden retreiver pup sometime soon.
There are tons of them for sale, but we WILL NOT buy from a puppy mill or a pet store. There are too many problems.
We are looking for a breeder that has healthy, no hip problem pups with a more square type muzzle and stocky build that loves their dogs and keeps them in the house. Even better would be someone who has kids as well, and the pups have been around kids since birth.
We have 4 small kids and want a dog that will grow up with and protect them, as well as being a great companion.
If anyone knows of such a breeder, please let me know.
Thanks!
Old 11-29-2003, 03:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man I Was Just Looking Also, I Just Can't Justify 500-800 For A Puppy... I Just Lost My Golden That I Had For 13 1/2 Years The Best Damn Dog In The World...... I Knew Time Was Getting Short And Had Come To Pease With The Fact, But It Tore Me Up To Let Her Go.......... I Cryed For Hours...... But I Will Fing Another Dog After The Holidays And Start Over........ I'am In Central Michigan If Any One Know Of A Puppy Needing A Home.........

Jeff
Old 11-29-2003, 03:56 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Top Brass Golden Retrievers!!!!!!

They are located in Hampshire?? Illinois.

We selected a puppy from them 11 1/2 years ago and he is the BEST dog you could ask for (yes, eleven years old).

Do a search for Top Brass and you will even see a tesimonial that I wrote about our dog "Cody". Cody has had no health or behavioral issues and is still in perfect health (knock wood).

Ask for Judy.

They are very selective in the homes their dogs go to, but you can not go wrong with their breeding and selection of good traits.

Good luck.
Old 11-30-2003, 10:22 AM
Registered

Wow!
Thanks for the help.
Troutly, let me know what you find out, and thanks for looking! Swamp collie, that's hilarious.
Boomer:
I will check out Top Brass, it sounds like they are great breeders.
As far as their pups going to a good home, do you think they would overlook a slight boating habit?

neu-rich, if something comes up that might fit you too, I will let you know.
Old 11-30-2003, 11:49 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Found their site:

www.topbrass-retrievers.com

I am sure they can overlook the boat rides!

Good luck.
Old 11-30-2003, 02:20 PM
Registered

Thanks! I sent them an e-mail.
It looks like they have some great dogs!
Old 12-01-2003, 10:46 AM
Registered

ttt for Raddiction.
I'm sorry about your loss, I know how hard it can be to lose your best friend.
Old 12-01-2003, 11:13 AM
Drive to arrive alive!!!
Platinum Member

Received 397 Likes on 124 Posts

There is a lady in Springfield, MO that my friend got his dogs from. She is an excellent trainer for obedience and rescue dogs. Bullet's parents were the rescue dogs in the OKC bombing. She trained my friends as one of her back-up rescue dogs and he is unreal! About two weeks after we picked Bullet up from training, we were on the roof installing a satellite. We turned around and the damned dog was sitting right behind us on the roof! He was trained to climb ladders. He just wasn't trained to go back down them. One of his favorite things to do is go to the park, and play on the slide. He will climb the ladder and slide down the slide until he falls over from exhaustion. He is one hell of a chick magnet! I can find the name and number of the breeder if you would like.
Old 12-01-2003, 11:25 AM
Registered

I don't know who to recommend in the Midwest, but you can try the Amercian Kennel Club website for links to Golden clubs in your area. Those owners should be able to tell you the good breeders locally.

I am currently raising my 3rd seeing eye dog puppy for a charity that provides them to blind people free of charge. This dog, Hans, is a pure-bred Golden. It's my first experience with a Golden and I'm truly enjoying his company. He's great. Unfortunately, the charity does there own breeding so I can't help you there. However, I did overhear a conversation about a couple in Iowa or Idaho (I can't recall) that breed puppies for a different guide dog school. Some of their pups are also available for selected private homes. Do a google search and you'll probably locate the website. Be creative with the keywords.
Old 12-01-2003, 11:30 AM
Registered

Gold Rush Kennels...but they are in Princeton NJ

Quick Reply: OT: Midwest Golden Retriever breeders?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.