Dream Boat Destroyed.. Can anyone help!

Notices

Dream Boat Destroyed.. Can anyone help!

Old 12-28-2003, 11:02 AM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This situation turns my stomach also, as I put myself in your shoes. If this is a reputable marine repair shop, they should carry insurance for such occurances. I think I would definnatly contact my insurance company and take their advice. As far as a attorney, You might want to get some legal advice on where you stand on this matter. I'm sure we have many qualified attornies on this OSO who would give their advice to a fellow boater if not possibally get involved. Good luck. Aterrible way to spend your christmas. I also feel that you should disclose that marina or repair center so that noone else will have to experience that same nightmare.
www.chicagopowerboat.com
Old 12-28-2003, 11:18 AM
mikejill

The person that did it I think was fired.
We were fine, at first we stayed to ourselves and shut up. Then they started giving us lies, and bs. We dont like that from someone we trusted.

As for the disclosure...that may come tomorrow depending on what the manufacturer and dealer says.
Im even considering bringing the news in. My fiance is going to the table tomorrow. By then they should have the hull patched... but we have photos. I even have photos of the girl. I just want them to be fair, and to me slapshod fixing of our boat is not fair. It should be, break it, buy it. If they want to fix it (and it was cherry when we gave it to them), and turn around and sell it... then they should. But if they deny that, well then they are saying they dont want a broken boat either.

nother bad thing is, they are BIG dealers in Florida. If they treat us fair... We will let it wash off our backs.. If they wrong us and treat us like we have nothing... well then.

Old 12-28-2003, 11:20 AM
Steve_H

post pics of the damage.

Old 12-28-2003, 11:21 AM
mikejill

I dont want to come out ahead.. not even for my time and frustrations... I just want the boat I gave them. I want my brand new, mint pretty speed boat.

If it takes getting a new one.. Thats fine. Same features... same model if they have it. Nothing upgraded, nothing less.

I dont want money from these guys... I just want our boat back so we can continue working with APBA offshore, and our racing friends. I already gave up orange beach.

Old 12-28-2003, 11:34 AM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This is really bad to hear. You sound more calm than what I would be, so hats off to you.

Not that it matters, but is this a brand new boat or new to you? And what size/brand. Just curious.

"To keep peace I will not name the dealership nor the manufactuer. That is, not unless they try to screw us over."

I agree with no naming yet, but isn't this what they are doing to you at the moment?

Good Luck

A question for the on board lawyers.
If a settlement or aggreement for repair and not replacement is reached, Are they required to have this shop repair it or can the owner take it to a shop of their choosing? I would have a hard time letting them repair it myself.
Old 12-28-2003, 12:18 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

TELL WHO!
Old 12-28-2003, 12:37 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

show up at thier shop witah sledge hammer, a can of bondo and a paint gun.

go directly to eth mnagers car and have him with you. Explain you'll glaldy destroy the body panel on his car, bondo them even and repaint the ****ty fix. And make sure to say "this is a perfectly good fix, i and dont; worry it must have hit teh trailer or something"

it was new and unrepaired/undamaged when you left it in thier care. It shodul be ine th same condition when you picked it up. Call a lawyer and sue them. They are already being uncooperative. SOthey might fix it but the works i rpolly gonan be crap. Take it to a shop YOU want to have it fixxed by and they pay for it.

haul it to tres martin or someother shop you know will do good work and has to be professionallhauled there spo you can stick them with that bill too. This is of course assumign it can be repaired. Get the manufacturer to look at it. Maybe they can havea rep check it out to see if the damage ruinid teh structural integrity of teh hull.
Old 12-28-2003, 01:02 PM
mikejill

That thought has came across my mind. Doesnt help that I have an interview tomorrow, and that I am in the middle of studying for a test. Hopefully I get the job tomorrow... 6.00 more per hour would help us lots.

As for photos... they are coming. Every one so far has the marina in the background along with employees etc. Im trying to keep it safe, but i have some good ones. Check here tomorrow after 6pm est

The front of the boat... it looks liek they started fiberglass work... theres not tellng what else they patched. It actually looks like a HUGE section of the nose was taken out and they patched it back. Even in some spots its pourous and you can tell its new... on top of that... theres white drops and oozing all the way down the front where they didnt clean up.

uhg
The trailer alone is 3000+
They even tried to say that the trailer was not factory, that we bought the trailer elsewhere.

Old 12-28-2003, 01:06 PM
mikejill

Dont they have a lemon test on boats?
Cant someoen find out that it was dropped on the ground and slid down a ramp?

Old 12-28-2003, 01:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

get a surveyer to look at it, is it only cosmetic are is it structual damage?? if only cosmetic a good gel coat man can use the factory gel on the bottom[after any minor glass work] and on a boat as new as your's will be a good match, now if it was top side the sun has already bleached some of the color by now but on the bottom it will be just fine. if they take care of all the issues on your boat I would not worry much at all
Mark

Quick Reply: Dream Boat Destroyed.. Can anyone help!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.