Notices

Gladiator or Skater

Old 01-21-2004, 07:59 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by T2x

1. The Gladiator....... great poseur boat.... chicks dig'em.... guys (at least those who are phallically challenged) also adore them.... and the product is a sound investment, although the "legendary" part will probably evaporate like 188th street. Good rough water hull....... (The Apache 41 is a GREAT rough water hull).
Performance is right up there with the rest of the 8' wide, vacuum bagged, stepped vees (yawn).

T2X,
You must really hate Cigarette's!! (You bash them constantly with a vengeance) Those are some pretty harsh words. Cigarette must have done you wrong sometime(must have been their ****ty a$$ customer service) I think the Cig and Skater are both great boats, and I also think they cost way too much money and both lose alot of money from depreciation.

I think you're right about no comparison, you really can't compare "apples to apples" in this situation. I do, however think that they are both the best of what you can buy in their prospective markets.
Old 01-21-2004, 08:06 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gladiators are alot of fun and can run big water with the best of them!! I love mine......
Attached Thumbnails Gladiator or Skater-gabbiator.jpg  
Old 01-21-2004, 08:08 PM
Registered

I love my Gun too!!! (Dont worry T2X, I am not phallically challenged either...)
Attached Thumbnails Gladiator or Skater-mvc-366s.jpg  
Old 01-22-2004, 12:06 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally posted by Semper Fi
T2X,
You must really hate Cigarette's!! (You bash them constantly with a vengeance) Those are some pretty harsh words. Cigarette must have done you wrong sometime(must have been their ****ty a$$ customer service) .
The only cigarettes I "hate" are the kind you buy in a pack at the 7-11. I don't bash Cigarettes constantly...because I rarely even think about them..... They are a throwback to the time when men were men and stood up in boats that were fabulous...... in 1969.......

Today, the vacuum bagged, stepped hull, spray painted, graphically elaborate creations remind me of a 57 Chevy...with a computerised vortec engine in a showroom with rap music coming out of a state of the art sound system.... kind of a neat gimmick...but more nostalgic then up to date.

As far as any issues with the Cigarette company....how can I have any?...The company has changed hands like a whore at the Bronx terminal market since Aronow originally sold it...and bought it back...and sold it...and bought it back......ad nauseum.

Buy the Skater.....at least the company you buy it from will have the same ownership during your second season with the boat.

Toodles......................

T2x

Last edited by T2x; 01-23-2004 at 03:39 PM.
Old 01-22-2004, 12:09 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally posted by d-hlaw
I love my Gun too!!! (Dont worry T2X, I am not phallically challenged either...)
Then buy a boat that doesn't look like a sword.

T2x
Old 01-22-2004, 12:12 PM
Registered

I can't believe this is still a topic.
Old 01-22-2004, 12:12 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

I bought my Cigarette because I'm hung like a hamster
Attached Thumbnails Gladiator or Skater-bullet.cambridge1a.jpg  
Old 01-22-2004, 12:20 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally posted by T2x
Then buy a boat that doesn't look like a sword.

T2x

Don't you have one that looks like a watermelon seed? What's that mean?
Old 01-22-2004, 12:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Craig I think you went past me the day of the Cambridge races. I was limping in the powerplay. I had a belt snap. Was that you?
Old 01-22-2004, 12:38 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally posted by trader1
Craig I think you went past me the day of the Cambridge races. I was limping in the powerplay. I had a belt snap. Was that you?
I did see you that day by the bridge, I think we were idling as well. Didn't know that you were having trouble. Great looking boat!!! That was our first day out on the boat and also the day that the pic I posted was taken.

Craig

Quick Reply: Gladiator or Skater

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.