Like Tree0Likes

Gladiator or Skater

Old 01-22-2004, 01:39 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally posted by craig223
I bought my Cigarette because I'm hung like a hamster
I wouldn't have said that. However that was the funniest thing I heard this morning!
Old 01-22-2004, 01:39 PM
Registered

I will kind of agree with wasabe. If I wasnt confused then I am now. I guess not confused but ...hell I dont even know the word I am looking for. I think it will be the skater but next year I want to ride on both this summer a few times to see what I really like. The skater set up will have to be determined. ITS(Integrated Turbine Service) and I have now talked about either 525's or even the new Vortech. Although I know nothing about the Vortech as of the moment. If the big arnesons are too much we will go with either the lesser ads 6's or the bravo xr's with the ITS package. ITS is saying the big Arnesons will be fine and for the most part will be a bullett proff boat.
How does this sound?
Old 01-22-2004, 01:41 PM
Registered

Its ok I got to the marina and had a buddy go and bring me a new belt. We were up and running right after everyone went sscreaming down the choptank.
It was a beautiful ride home. Even the girl liked it.
Old 01-22-2004, 01:46 PM
Registered

Originally posted by craig223
I bought my Cigarette because I'm hung like a hamster

Isnt that what everyone says about us.........Asd we all know they say it because they are jelous. And I would love to see one of those people try and drive my boat at 80 mph.
Old 01-22-2004, 01:46 PM
Member #2 ....Jeeezz
Charter Member

My Boats: Toy Boat - Toy Boat - Toy Boat

Quote:
Originally posted by T2x

Today, the vacuum bagged, stepped hull, spray painted, graphically elaborate creations remind me of a 57 Chevy...with a computerised vortec engine in a showroom with rap music coming out of a state of the art sound system.... kind of a neat gimmick...but more nostalgic then up to date.
Actually, that sounds pretty damn cool ... and it would prolly smoke most of the latest and greatest coming out of Detroit today.

G
Old 01-22-2004, 01:49 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

My Boats: Cigarette CC and Boston Whaler currently

Quote:
Originally posted by Wasabe
I wouldn't have said that. However that was the funniest thing I heard this morning!

Old 01-22-2004, 01:50 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

My Boats: 1966 !8' Switzer Wing "Miss Diablo" 1968 Switzer Wing "Dust'n the Wind 2",, 1960 Powercat 15C , 1977 17' Molinari w/Evinrude CCC

Quote:
Originally posted by trader1
I will kind of agree with wasabe. If I wasnt confused then I am now. I guess not confused but ...hell I dont even know the word I am looking for. I think it will be the skater but next year I want to ride on both this summer a few times to see what I really like. The skater set up will have to be determined. ITS(Integrated Turbine Service) and I have now talked about either 525's or even the new Vortech. Although I know nothing about the Vortech as of the moment. If the big arnesons are too much we will go with either the lesser ads 6's or the bravo xr's with the ITS package. ITS is saying the big Arnesons will be fine and for the most part will be a bullett proff boat.
How does this sound?
Turbines are a whole different animal...... You almost have to use Arnesons with turbines, because of the power..... Although, I suggest you fix the drives in place and use a separate rudder..... After that you "tune" the bottom and props to lock in the attack angle....... You can afford to do this with turbines since you have more power than needed and power trim is not as necessary if at all.

T2x
Old 01-22-2004, 02:00 PM
Registered

T2x we are not putting a turbine in we are thinking of doing this boat with gas motors. The turbine was too cost prohibitive for me at this stage of the game.
Old 01-22-2004, 02:13 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

My Boats: 1966 !8' Switzer Wing "Miss Diablo" 1968 Switzer Wing "Dust'n the Wind 2",, 1960 Powercat 15C , 1977 17' Molinari w/Evinrude CCC

Quote:
Originally posted by trader1
T2x we are not putting a turbine in we are thinking of doing this boat with gas motors. The turbine was too cost prohibitive for me at this stage of the game.
Then don't talk to a turbine shop about your choice of drives......

The biggest problem in making set up selections....is not the number or quality of questions that you ask...but rather your choice of sources.....

If you're discussing Skaters.....ask Peter Hledin, Doug Lewis, Johnny Tomlinson...... and VERY few others.

If you're discussing Cigarettes......ask Tres Martin..... maybe Sean Stinson and......ummmm....errr.....

T2x
Old 01-22-2004, 02:19 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

oops.......Dave Patnaude, at Typhoon Performance Marine in NJ, is also very knowledgeable about Cigarettes.....

T2x........