Like Tree0Likes

Satan cat

Old 01-04-2004, 08:39 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: 2016 50' Skater Catamaran , 2003 41' Apache Cat, 2003 36' Cigarette Gladiator

i have kicked one of these out maybe it is time to boot the other one.
Attached Thumbnails
Satan cat-mandy-cat.jpg  
Old 01-04-2004, 08:41 PM
Registered

My Boats: 1990 Donzi Sweet 16

Quote:
Originally posted by Bigyellowcat
i have kicked one of these out maybe it is time to boot the other one.
Old 01-05-2004, 12:59 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: 1991 F311SR1

Vet told me spraying IS pee.
Our old cats will spray (at least one of them will) when there is a new cat in the territory. Have watched him do it. Sprays straight backwards. Told the vet. Vet swears it is pee, not some weird gland.

Just passing along info. Not sure if it is accurate or not.

Cats are not at new house. Are leaving them at old house and neighbor is inheriting them.
Old 01-05-2004, 01:49 AM
Registered

First of all... I am a cat lover. Have had 'em in the house all my life, and no, my house does not "smell like cats". I have been in those homes that do...and mine is not one of them. FACT: Cats are a cleaner/more sanitary animal than we are. Their mouths alone have significantly less bacteria in them than yours! There are those who have cats, and those who love cats. The loving homes generally do not smell, get the idea? Second of all let me say there is nothing more desirable than the smell of wet dog in your house, or perhaps the dead animal or pile of chit it just spent the last 20 mins rolling in. How about the "yard sharks"? Stepping in dog chit in your yard has a charm all it's own doesn't it??? Next to cats, even "smart" dogs are relatively dumb. I'm not dog bashing...I love dogs also, but they to have their "issues" and don't deserve to end up in the lake for it. Only male cats "spray" "pee", and generally not if they are nuetered. Anything else going out in this fashion is from the anal glands and is what you describe for smell. Yes, if it is uncustomary behavior, it is because of a change or threat to the animals enviroment. Sometimes worms will cause this behavior also. Maybe the reason your all quick to cat-bash is because you have been intellectually challenged by one and didn't like it? Face it...cats are the only "domestic" animal that man cannot truly "domesticate". Ever wonder why? Give this cat the benefit of the doubt, pay attention to what it's trying to tell you before you throw it under the bus. You may need the same break someday!

Last edited by Rippem; 01-05-2004 at 02:08 AM.
Old 01-05-2004, 02:00 AM
Registered

And if your cat is truly "peeing" out side the box or won't work the litter, change brands! "Litter aversion" is an accepted and very well known cause of this behavior. Some cats are very sensative to the particular clays and deodorizing chemicals that make up most of today's litters. Unlike (and smarter) than alot of humans I know...cats will aviod things that are not good for them!
Old 01-05-2004, 02:23 AM
Registered

My Boats: mirage 237
Default hey bigyellowcat!

I will take both!~ :>)

here is my 28lb cat I felt sorry for at the pound and brought home, this is a bathroom sink!! note the fat dripping over the edges !
Attached Thumbnails
Satan cat-drew3.jpg  
Old 01-05-2004, 04:00 AM
Registered

BYC...have a number of shots like that myself. brings back memories of women and cats past. that's a good pic of both. why did she have to go? was she peeing on your bath towel or sumpin'? had a 25 lb domestic longhair/mongrel, charcoal/black that I had gotten as a kitten for my x-wife. he was diabetic and passed away 3 years ago, after years of daily insulin. he would come to the kitchen and wait for his shot every morning...he was one of four in the house at the time. when "baby-bear" came up on the bed and laid on my chest for bedtime petdown (every night)...you knew he was there! he was a great cat. he was never mean and kind of a lumbering oof...but I'll tell 'ya none of the other cats would even think about challenging his wishes in any way !! In fact they treated him like a God...of course he weighed twice what any one of them did!

Last edited by Rippem; 01-05-2004 at 04:05 AM.
Old 01-05-2004, 04:23 AM
Registered

back on topic (sort of) also had a young nuetered male ("Buddy") and he would squirt these tiny droplets of puss lookin' juice from his anal glands occasionally when he got too "wound up". My x and I called it "the stink". I tell you what...the big fragrance companies had nothin on this cat. one or two drops could clear the room, and for awhile too. Anyway, give the damn cat a break, we all have personalities and are occasionally offensive! Cat class closed.....
Old 01-05-2004, 07:31 AM
Registered
Trade Score: (1)

My Boats: 31 Resin bucket

Quote:
Originally posted by CAP071
that will teach you to mess with a strange *****
Old 01-05-2004, 09:33 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

My Boats: '88 Formula F-206 LS

We have two boys and one girl (a Calico). All fixed and declawed in front.
The girl will, at times, pee on clothing left on the floor. I haven't been able to figure out why.
We know she hates our grandson and will pee on his bath towels,but that's in spite.
I'ts not the "dirty pan syndrome". I know because I clean them, all three pans.

Our house doesn't smell like cat either. We keep the pans in the garage and have a cat door between the kitchen and garage.

Their names are:

Dixie,
Male, 12+ years old, all black with a little white tuft on his chest, green eyes. He was found as a kitten in a local Winn-Dixie Supermarket parking lot.

Mac,
Male, 10+/- years old, black and white splotches. Name is short for McGuyver. Named him that because he was always good at figuring out ways to escape from anything we locked him up in. Found him a kitten at a nearby country club.

Sheba,
Female calico, 5-6 years old. She's the queen of the household. Rules the boys with an iron paw.
Has only one eye, left side, but not much escapes it. Daughter found her starving outside her high school band room. Was so malnourished her growth and development had been stunted. Just a bag of bones. She looked to about 4-5 months old, vet looked and said she was closer to a year old.