Which Apache do You Like Better?

Notices

Which Apache do You Like Better?

Old 01-10-2004, 10:48 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by SS930
I suspect many people look at the opportunity cost when laying down this kind of money... It's hard to justify laying down $200,000 for a 15 year old boat when you can buy something much newer for the same money. Personally if I was in the market for something like this I'd strongly consider an Apache for the resale reasons alone. You have to remember it's a niche market and selling in a tight economy is tough for big money niche items...
Interesting perspective.....I am the type of person that enjoys buying quality and then I keep it. Especially with something like a 41 Apache. At almost 50 years old I have become patient. So, when I finally buy what I feel is the right Apache and 20 more summers go by people will say "Look at that old bastard in that nice boat".
If they look closer they will see something else.
I will still be smiling.
Old 01-10-2004, 11:14 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by SS930
I suspect many people look at the opportunity cost when laying down this kind of money... It's hard to justify laying down $200,000 for a 15 year old boat when you can buy something much newer for the same money. Personally if I was in the market for something like this I'd strongly consider an Apache for the resale reasons alone. You have to remember it's a niche market and selling in a tight economy is tough for big money niche items...
true, but buying something newer doesnt always mean that its better built...or does it?

resale value? well there is a whole lot for sale but none are selling so what kind of resale value os that... i think its more they hit a rock bottom level and wont go below that no matter the age
Old 01-10-2004, 11:24 AM
Registered

Received 97 Likes on 41 Posts
Default 41

These boats run in big water so good that you will smiling ever time you pass someone. I have been out on NUATTI KITTYS 41 SABER a bunch of times and am shocked at the way it makes waves look and feel much smaller then they really measure. We ran over 80 in 6 footers with ease.
Old 01-10-2004, 12:03 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default play nice

ALLEZ VIte
Old 01-10-2004, 12:06 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: 41

Originally posted by Nykamp
These boats run in big water so good that you will smiling ever time you pass someone. I have been out on NUATTI KITTYS 41 SABER a bunch of times and am shocked at the way it makes waves look and feel much smaller then they really measure. We ran over 80 in 6 footers with ease.
Although the argument can be made that an equally powered twin step top gun will run just as well in the rough and be faster. I recently ran against the Apache "Razz" in 4-5 footers with my Gun and we were pretty close, although he did pull me just a bit after about 4 miles...... but he has Zul 1000's through 3A's and I have HP500EFI's. His comment to me after wasthat he had never heard of a HP500 powered gun doing in the 90's!! (we were doing 82!) Anyways, I would buy an Apache for history and the quality, but if performance is the goal there are alot of other boats that eat big water with less power.
Old 01-10-2004, 12:39 PM
Ed
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts
Thumbs up What About The 22' Apaches?...

From the mid to late 80's...I know Bob Saccenti built quite a few of them. Both I/O's & O/B's... Cool little boat. Ed
Old 01-10-2004, 01:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by d-hlaw
You know I like the boats but damn.... some of those paint jobs are just hideous. You know you could just put paint without an indian, horse or a feather on the damn things!! How about something from the 90's at least....

I totally agree.

Indians werent freakin powerboaters!

Old 01-10-2004, 01:26 PM
Registered

Originally posted by SLINGSHOT
true, but buying something newer doesnt always mean that its better built...or does it?

resale value? well there is a whole lot for sale but none are selling so what kind of resale value os that... i think its more they hit a rock bottom level and wont go below that no matter the age
No, newer doesn't necessarily mean better quallity. Then again, quality being equal, who wouldn't want newer??? I don't want this to be taken the wrong way, but it's important to remember that these boats were built out of plywood, they will not last forever. Not saying that older Apache's aren't structurally sound, but the fact is they are built out of aging plywood.

Although most Apache's aren't selling, can you really say that any brand high dollar used boat is selling? Even Cig's aren't moving that well... better, but not well. Fact is it's all simple economics... people are asking too much for these older Apache's and the market doesn't warrant the big $$$. There is demand for them, but until the prices come down buyers will not consume.
Old 01-10-2004, 01:31 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally posted by TEAMBAJA
I totally agree.

Indians werent freakin powerboaters!

When the water gets rough, neither are guys in BAJA's
Old 01-10-2004, 01:31 PM
Registered

Default Re: 41

Originally posted by Nykamp
I don't think anyone is going to question their ability in the rough stuff. This is not to say that they can't be beat, but all in all they they are really only known for their quality and rough water ride.

Quick Reply: Which Apache do You Like Better?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.