Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
High Back Seats in a 35 Fountain >

High Back Seats in a 35 Fountain

Notices

High Back Seats in a 35 Fountain

Old 01-15-2004, 01:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Ryan! Haven't seen you on here for aloong time.How was your year? I remember you trying to get this done last year. I guess nobody came through Hopefully you will have much better luck this year. Good luck and I hope to actually see you this summer at the lake!!!
Old 01-15-2004, 01:50 PM
Registered

I had a decent year, can't complain. Yeah, I've been trying to do this since the summer, I haven't focused on it enough, so now I want to finish it. I hope to see you all down there this summer.
Old 01-15-2004, 01:50 PM
Registered

I raced in a seat similar to the Momo although it was a carbon fiber Sparco seat. If you're not racing, not in a canopy and not strapped into the seat you don't want it. You do not want to be strapped into a seat if you don't have a canopy.

The last seat pictured is very close to the Skater seats that were in the boat for the first year we raced. Very comfortable but when strapped in there was just too much cushin in the seat so you moved around a little too much.

Also SS930, be very careful how far you recline the seats. The Lavin Foundation has guidelines for how far you recline the seat. Be very very careful not to recline the seat too much. Give George Linder a call to get a copy of the guidelines.
Old 01-15-2004, 01:53 PM
Registered

Mr Velocity,

Great info! I won't be racing, only pleasure use. Do you still think I'll need to worry as much about some movement?
Old 01-15-2004, 01:55 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by mr_velocity
I raced in a seat similar to the Momo although it was a carbon fiber Sparco seat. If you're not racing, not in a canopy and not strapped into the seat you don't want it. You do not want to be strapped into a seat if you don't have a canopy.

The last seat pictured is very close to the Skater seats that were in the boat for the first year we raced. Very comfortable but when strapped in there was just too much cushin in the seat so you moved around a little too much.

Also SS930, be very careful how far you recline the seats. The Lavin Foundation has guidelines for how far you recline the seat. Be very very careful not to recline the seat too much. Give George Linder a call to get a copy of the guidelines.
Very good points above.
Please keep in mind being disabled he is in a unique situation, being supported with a harness (IMO) would probably make things MUCH easier on him. We are not talking about a racing enviroment here.

I think you know what I meant about the reclining...
Old 01-15-2004, 02:03 PM
Registered

Great discussion. Keep 'em coming..........
Old 01-15-2004, 02:09 PM
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

What is used in the offroad circuits like baja1000 and the dakkar? Those are some rough conditions, and they are stapped into seats. They have to have some type of padding in there to contend with the similar conditions or offshore.
Old 01-15-2004, 02:18 PM
Registered

Excellant point Chris, n fact, I'm almost sure there's a driver who is paralyzed.
Old 01-15-2004, 02:31 PM
Registered

The padded seats just didn't give us what we were looking for in race conditions. The Skater seats were very supportive and held us in good, even without the 5 point harness. But when racing and strapped in there is a real advantage to not bouncing in the seat since you can have better control of the boat. With 8" of padding in the seat with every hit you sunk into the seat only to rebound into the belts. So your shoulders hurt pretty good after a race. With the Sparco's there was no movement, hence your body absorbed ALL the shock of the hit. With the Sparcos everything hurt by the time we finished a race. But by not moving as much you had better control of the wheel and throttles. Ya gotta deal with a little pain in you want to win the race.

For a pleasure boat I would go with a padded seat, either like the one above or look for used Skater seats. The Skater seats are probably the most comfortable seats I've been in.

As far as the driver that was paralized, sorry I don't remember his name but he ran a 26' Velocity named Don't Blink. I think he fell off a ladder trimming trees around his pool.
Old 01-15-2004, 02:33 PM
Registered

Let's put it this way, we just put a rover on mars with cameras and video. I bet we can all put our heads together and make this work

Quick Reply: High Back Seats in a 35 Fountain

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.