Notices

Hawaii Vacation

Old 01-20-2004, 07:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Hawaii Vacation

OSO is the place to ask members about experiences out there.....I have a load of skymiles avail. so Im thinkin about going west..Where can you go that still has the real Hawaii and not the tourist trap fast paced americanized Hawaii. Secluded resorts are ok,nightlife not that big of a must.
Old 01-21-2004, 01:27 AM
Registered

I'm sitting on the north shore of Kauai right now. It's still close to the Hawaii of 40 years ago. If your looking for highend the Princeville Sheraton is spectacular. The only downside is it can rain here.
This time of year is iffy on weather but come spring or summer it's without a doubt the best spot in Hawaii.
Old 01-21-2004, 04:47 AM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts

Molokai...small but very laid back. Pretty close to the old way of life.
Big Island....lots more room to move around and get away, and its getting bigger every day. My favorite.
Kauai....gettin pretty tourisy but nicer then Maui or Oahu

Coolshot
I helped build the new golf clubhouse in Princeville and the Shereton remodel....back in 90-91?. Did the new shopping center plans ever go thru?

Dan
Old 01-21-2004, 08:09 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

We like the Big Island because of its diversity: from dry Kona (some areas look like a moonscape) to wet Hilo with its green forests, south you have a live volcano, then there's snow on the top of another, etc. But Kauai is great too. Maui has some neat features, but is like a small Oahu: too many tourists and too much traffic. IMHO
Due
Old 01-21-2004, 10:00 AM
Registered

I have been to Oahu, Maui, & the Big Island. I like Maui the best, but I have been told by locals that Molokai is the best island to visit if you are looking for an old Hawaii feel. Molokai is actually trying to regulate tourism to the island because they want to keep it that way.
Old 01-21-2004, 10:01 AM
Registered

You can always stay in Waikiki if you want a Japanese experience.
Old 01-21-2004, 10:27 AM
Registered

Kauai !!!!

Layed back, slow paced, stunningly beautiful. We spent 7 days at the Princeville Resort (http://www.princeville.com) and had a great time. Every sunset was a HUGE event. Everyone always showed up to watch it at the lobby bar. We were so wound-down that we had to stay in Waikiki for 3 days to get our speed back up to go back to LA!
Attached Thumbnails Hawaii Vacation-dsc00331.jpg  
Old 01-21-2004, 10:28 AM
Registered

Bingo!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Hawaii Vacation-dsc00295.jpg  
Old 01-21-2004, 10:52 AM
Registered

Maui, simply the best. We did some island hopping on our trip and Maui was just the best as far as I'm concerned. Real secluded and some very very nice places to stay. We stayed at the kealani.com resort...awesome. If you do go to maui one thing that is a MUST is the Road to Hanna. We bought a little $5 tape that is narrated as you make your way through it....it will point out the best places to stop and hike to some awesome waterfalls. Rent a jeep and plan to make a day of it.....it's a nice long trip but well worth it. Maui also has some good snorkling too. One thing that I must point out is island hopping over to Pearl Harbor, I think it's something you need to check out if you have the chance, really chilling once you see the actual place where it all happened.
Old 01-21-2004, 11:02 AM
Registered

Maui is a fantastic place to visit. Try to go every other year.

Quick Reply: Hawaii Vacation

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.