Notices

Fountain Does 156.9 MPH

Old 02-10-2004, 03:39 PM
Member #2 ....Jeeezz
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by boot
I have a very important question......

Who is in charge of varifying the hp on these motors ?

I don't see any mension of this . For my money , it is important (like T2x said ) which one does the most with the LEAST effort ? Thats what means something to me . I have herd everything from 1200's to 1450's ! Which on eis it and who knows FOR SURE ?! How do we know they are not 2000 hp ?

This sounding like the record is for who owns the largest sterling engines ! NOT who has the best (production) hull !

Not knocking anyone or their boat ,but it's like jumping things on your bycicle as a kid . The winner was the guy that went the farthest ..... The looser was the guy that crashed ...........

I think a beter way to deside would be to set a reasonable mark . Just say 100 mph for a round number . Now see who can acheive it with the largest , best outfitted boat with the smallest most reliable power !! That would be the best boat !

Speed cool but ego's kill . Best of luck to all. be safe .

Congrats on not getting killed being the fastest ......
The whole thing is not about who has the best boat ... IT'S ABOUT THE FASTEST V-BOTTOM ... regardless of power .... you can put as much power as the boat can handle ... if the Fountain can handle 5000 hp, then the OL better be able to .... else the Fountain will be the FASTEST V-BOTTOM .... that is also a measure of how well a boat is built and the designe of the bottom. This is not an F2 war. People do die when testing the limits in any motorsport and it will probably happen here.

Don't hate the player .... hate the game

G
Old 02-10-2004, 03:59 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by Baja Daze
Absolutely right, Chuck! There is no comparison. The boating industry is still decades behind.
There'$ a rea$on for that.
Old 02-10-2004, 04:08 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The rea$on is only in our perceptions, what we are willing to pay, what the manufacturer thinks they can get away with and sometimes just plain greed.

You'd be surprised. An operation that currently makes such composite components for the aerospace and transportation industries, with their lean manufacturing concerns already ironed out and the supply lines flowing can churn out carbon/kevlar prepreg autoclaved composite boat hulls for a fraction of what anyone here could imagine. I know, it's what we do.

But what's the point, when people are obviously willing to pay a cool $Mill or more for a boat these days.
Old 02-10-2004, 04:11 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Originally posted by Baja Daze
The rea$on is only in our perceptions, what we are willing to pay, what the manufacturer thinks they can get away with and sometimes just plain greed.

You'd be surprised. An operation that currently makes such composite components for the aerospace and transportation industries, with their lean manufacturing concerns already ironed out and the supply lines flowing can churn out carbon/kevlar prepreg autoclaved composite boat hulls for a fraction of what anyone here could imagine. I know, it's what we do.

But what's the point, when people are obviously willing to pay a cool $Mill or more for a boat these days.
Pretty cool stuff. Maybe more will catch on to it.
Old 02-10-2004, 04:20 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

It's fascinating, really.
Old 02-10-2004, 06:02 PM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally posted by cigarette1
The whole thing is not about who has the best boat ... IT'S ABOUT THE FASTEST V-BOTTOM ... regardless of power .... you can put as much power as the boat can handle ... if the Fountain can handle 5000 hp, then the OL better be able to .... else the Fountain will be the FASTEST V-BOTTOM .... that is also a measure of how well a boat is built and the designe of the bottom. This is not an F2 war. People do die when testing the limits in any motorsport and it will probably happen here.

Don't hate the player .... hate the game

G
I agree 100%,with the only possible rule seeming to be piston powered, its not about production or one off or this or that, love it or hate it, its about FASTEST V-BOTTOM.
Old 02-10-2004, 06:04 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Bob Zubik
I think you need to look at how many times it has been held by a FOUNTAIN and how long overall the record has bee Reggie's the outerlimits is a great boat but FOUNTAIN has been doing it a lot longer
Whatever. The heavy weight boxing champion can hold the title for ten years, and the man who beats him is the champion.

Last edited by cuda; 02-10-2004 at 06:28 PM.
Old 02-10-2004, 07:17 PM
Registered

Originally posted by T2x
Actually...since the "prop guys" have been able to carry the cats over 200......that dog won't hunt.

T2x
So you don't think the props for a V are going to be different than what the cats need?
When They say there is still more in the boat at that point isn't most of what they do is change props. Wouldn't they run different props for glass or chop. Why do race team's have all of those props on there truck?
Old 02-10-2004, 08:09 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Originally posted by Lapse of Reason
Why do race team's have all of those props on there truck?
For different track conditions and setups.
Old 02-10-2004, 08:11 PM
Registered

I know that I was trying to prove a point

Quick Reply: Fountain Does 156.9 MPH

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.