View Poll Results: Who should hold the "V" speed record?
Outer Limits, Reggie may have played dirty pool and OL's new NPA record stands.
49.18%
Fountain, their SBI # is the real deal and they had every right to not allow OL to run.
50.82%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree0Likes

Who owns the V bottom speed record?

Old 02-11-2004, 07:36 PM
Registered

I love my GPS, but it's not always accurate like a stop watch over a given distance.
Old 02-11-2004, 07:46 PM
Registered

This whole debate is really ridiculous. The bottom line is did OL run a kilo sponsored by a sanctioning body like Reggie? Did the course meet all of the requirements in the rule books? Were there surveyors there and time officials on other boats to calculate the speed? I honestly don't know the answer and these are legitimate questions. If the answer is no to any of these then OL should not hold the record. That's not to say that I don't think that boat could break the record or run those speeds because I do. I'm sure that boat ran at or very close to what the gps said. However, rules are rules. Bottom line if the rules were not upheld then he is not the record holder. I didn't make the rules nor do I know them all, that's why i'm asking.
Old 02-11-2004, 08:26 PM
Registered

My Boats: 87 22 Pachanga

Good post impulsive...I still think OL #1
Old 02-11-2004, 08:36 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: Azimut

Blahh Blahhh Blahhh.............. you guys are rivaling any tread that has the word Apache in it.
Old 02-11-2004, 09:19 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Trade Score: (5)

My Boats: FASTEST INNER TUBE

if you dont own a fountain or a outerlimit how can yoy get on here and rag these brands is it jealousy. some own bajas nothin wrong with them , some own others . each is his own. yes i own a fountain iwould love a OL but my pocket book says no way, the best way to settle this is to get them side by side, same power same distance , first one there is the king.
Old 02-11-2004, 09:29 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

My Boats: 1979 Formula 302, 99 Formula 353, 81 Donzi 18 2+3 with 454

Quote:
Originally posted by johnnyboatman
if you dont own a fountain or a outerlimit how can yoy get on here and rag these brands is it jealousy. some own bajas nothin wrong with them , some own others . each is his own. yes i own a fountain iwould love a OL but my pocket book says no way, the best way to settle this is to get them side by side, same power same distance , first one there is the king.
However that is NOT what the rules state.

Jon
Old 02-11-2004, 09:46 PM
sauron

Impulsive, I agree 100%

Old 02-11-2004, 09:47 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member
Trade Score: (1)

My Boats: 38 Donzi ZRC, 29 Advantage XFlight

If you read the press release put out concerning the OL claim to a record run, it states the following:

"This run was confirmed by co-pilot, Billy Frenz, Executive Director of the NPBA (National Powerboat Association). "

and

averaged 161.29 MPH for a kilometer verified on
> "state of the art" GPS in his new 47' canopied model named, "XXX".

So if you take that press release at its own word you might conclude the following:

1. The only representative from the sanctioning body to witness the event was: The co-pilot/throttle-man

2. The only official present to caculate the boat's speed was: the co-pilot/throttle-man

3. The only official to verify that the boat actually ran on the course in question much less that it ran within the requirements to break a new world record was: the co-pilot/throttle-man

4. The only official present to certify that the survey equipment used was proper and in a working condition capable of accurately calculating their speed was: the co-pilot/throttle-man.

5. Basically, the only evidence that OL offers up to document that they have set a NEW WORLD RECORD is the word of: the co-pilot/throttle-man.

No official surveyors, no official timers, no offical judges, no official referees, no official survey equipment to accurately calculate their true speed, no film crew to document the entire process.

Then Five whole days after the fact a press release is issued that claims OL set a new world record the previous week, and that that their claim is based on their own on-board GPS and is certified by the boat's co-pilot/throttle-man - and the public is suppose to swallow this?

p.s, I assume that the co-pilot was operating the throttles as is customary in such high-speed runs.

Last edited by Marginmn; 02-11-2004 at 09:50 PM.
Old 02-11-2004, 09:56 PM
Banned

Couldn't care less who the record holder is by some arbitrary set of rules, but which one is faster.

Don't give a damn about canopy, no canopy, engine sizes blah, blah, ad nauseum, but just what boat is faster. Rules are for whiners. They use them like a crutch for excuses.

Which boat is faster?
Old 02-11-2004, 10:11 PM
Registered

My Boats: 87 22 Pachanga

Quote:
Originally posted by johnnyboatman
It's no different than Ford Chevy banter, it's all good fun to me.