Notices

Yankees get A-Rod

Old 02-19-2004, 08:16 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally posted by impulsive
P.S.......... I wonder if its possible for Bill Belicheck to manage the Red Sox as well as coach the Patriots?
Maybe you can lure Red Auerbach out of retirement?

T2x
Old 02-19-2004, 08:20 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Originally posted by animalhouse
Want to bet that in the next couple of years, NY will have a second baseman named Nomar??

The Red Sox organization can't honestly expect Nomar to give his best effort after they made a very public effort to replace him.

NomAH Pahk Da Cah! NomAH Pahk Da Cah!...No Mas!

Beans Beans good for da haht....da more ya eat.... da more seasons da Sawx play bridesmaid.

T2x
Old 02-19-2004, 08:28 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

The head to head this year will be a classic offence VS defense if the hitting and pitching hold up to what they are on paper.

Normar will be fine. He likes it hear and I think understands the dynamics. I think it says a lot that they were not willing to bet the farm on A-Rod when they have Nomar. I mean Nomar is NO slouch.

I am not sure why you Nankees fans are so happy. Remember A-rod said he hates the Yankees..... Well now he plays for them. Maybe it was a inside job

What you NYers do not understand is we are just plain old used to playing second fidel to NY for baseball. Now Football you guys field three teams and they are all LAME!!!
Old 02-19-2004, 10:39 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Originally posted by Audiofn
The head to head this year will be a classic offence VS defense if the hitting and pitching hold up to what they are on paper.

Normar will be fine. He likes it hear and I think understands the dynamics. I think it says a lot that they were not willing to bet the farm on A-Rod when they have Nomar. I mean Nomar is NO slouch.

I am not sure why you Nankees fans are so happy. Remember A-rod said he hates the Yankees..... Well now he plays for them. Maybe it was a inside job

What you NYers do not understand is we are just plain old used to playing second fidel to NY for baseball. Now Football you guys field three teams and they are all LAME!!!
Try as I might...I can't come up with the 3rd team......You can't mean the Bills since Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington are all closer to NYC.

On the other hand the Patriots play outside of Providence...don't they?

T2x......... Nomar ...no more.

P.S. I loved the "second fidel" line...I was unaware you guys were impersonating Cuban dictators...but I guess if your baseball team acts like a communist revolution at the end of each year (no reward for hardwork and fan dedication)...perhaps wearing fatigues and smoking cigars might work for you.

Just trying to help ....of course.
Attached Thumbnails Yankees get A-Rod-ruth_babe_5.jpg  
Old 02-19-2004, 10:48 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by animalhouse

The Red Sox organization can't honestly expect Nomar to give his best effort after they made a very public effort to replace him.
You mean he is going to go ManRam on them?? What a waste he was.
Old 02-19-2004, 12:01 PM
GRH
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally posted by Audiofn
Oh ya three football teams to choose from and they all suck
Bill beat the Pats 1 outta 2 this year.... Bad too if memory serves....
Old 02-19-2004, 03:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by GORT
Bill beat the Pats 1 outta 2 this year.... Bad too if memory serves....
Don't even try to go where i think your going.

The Bills!!! Come on now.. If you want to give us sh it about the arod disaster fine. I can admit the yankees are damn good and very hard to beat this year. Buy by no means under any circumstances should you ever try and compare the Bumbuling Bills to the patriots in anyway shape or form.

Yes they did beat us opening day , but come on . That was because of the whole lawyer malloy thing. Since buffalo game we lost only once all year including the playoffs and superbowl.

I can't talk shi t about the red sox but I sure can about the pats!!!
Old 02-19-2004, 03:53 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Hey Sawx fans:

Here ya go....at first just a quick glance.... then longer looks over the next few weeks. By opening day you should be able to face the truth.

I know this is a tragic and difficult time for you....... You have my deepest condolences......... again.

T2x
Attached Thumbnails Yankees get A-Rod-87_1.jpg  
Old 02-19-2004, 04:49 PM
GRH
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally posted by impulsive
Don't even try to go where i think your going.

The Bills!!! Come on now.. If you want to give us sh it about the arod disaster fine. I can admit the yankees are damn good and very hard to beat this year. Buy by no means under any circumstances should you ever try and compare the Bumbuling Bills to the patriots in anyway shape or form.

Yes they did beat us opening day , but come on . That was because of the whole lawyer malloy thing. Since buffalo game we lost only once all year including the playoffs and superbowl.

I can't talk shi t about the red sox but I sure can about the pats!!!
Compare? I think you need to look a little farther back then the last three years before you condem the Bill's as Bumblers.... I think the Pats have a little more history to consider then the last 3 seasons.... Its easy to be a fan of a winning team....