Notices

Towing my TG Maine to WI

Old 02-25-2004, 07:52 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts
Cool

If you get tired, are you planning on letting Monroe drive?
Old 02-25-2004, 09:59 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally posted by Rforsey
Jon,
Thanks we are going I-90 to I-71 Columbus the I-270 toward Dayton then I-70 Indianapolis. then VIncent gave us a shorter way around ST Louis that will put us on hwy 54 which will take us right into the Ozarks. down town ST Louis is a nightmare. What do you think good route ?
if you are taking I-70W accross IL, i would suggest exiting onto I-270W at the I-55/I-270/I-70 intersect. at that point, you can do one of two things.....if it is close to rush hour, i would suggest taking I-270W, exiting onto 370, which is a loop that will allow you to miss the traffic. take the loop around, then exit from 370 back onto I-70W (Kansas City). or if it isn't rush hour, stay on I-270W, then exit directly onto I-70W. take I-70W until mile marker 148, then exit onto Hwy54 South. Hwy 54 will take you directly into Osage Beach (Lake of the Ozarks). i've taken the I-55/44 route around the south side of STL, it seems to be longer for me, especially towing.

chad
Old 02-25-2004, 10:19 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I talked to my parents last night, they live in Menomonie, and weather-wise, its been getting nicer, this weekend dad was saying mid 40's after he watched the news, roads are clear but layered with salt. They still have quite a bit of snow laying around though. I live in Milwaukee and its the same projected forcast here, but we have less snow. You should be good to go in Wisconsin.

Also, I don't know which way you'll be coming, but I think the WI DOT has a website to check for road construction, they always seem to be doing a couple of bridges around the Black River Falls area and Portage area year round, not that its a big deal, just a heads up to what you could run into.

Have a good trip.
Old 02-25-2004, 10:25 AM
Registered

Chad,

Thanks printed that out...

Ron & Kell
Old 02-25-2004, 04:39 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Thanks for the input guys!!!

Kurt
Old 02-25-2004, 05:42 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts

biggus, then when you pick it up head straight south to LOTO for some fun!!

later
Old 02-25-2004, 10:55 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

You know...next weekend is the COPS party in Michigan...
Old 02-26-2004, 07:26 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by Rforsey
Jon,
Thanks we are going I-90 to I-71 Columbus the I-270 toward Dayton then I-70 Indianapolis. then VIncent gave us a shorter way around ST Louis that will put us on hwy 54 which will take us right into the Ozarks. down town ST Louis is a nightmare. What do you think good route ?

we plan on taking our time on the way home.we are going to meet everyone on Friday and Saturday. and then Saturday morning then head out...
we also want to check out the Lake.

Ron and I always seen to have some type of situation arise, when we went to look at the boat that was when Buffalo had that storm with the winds so high. and the whole way we hit snow, sleet and Rain. so who knows what will happen this time.
I may have to put out an OSO.

Ron, talked to Bob yesterday he was at Lipship getting the trailer ready for towing GLH's 42' home he was wondering about the weather. It looks good for them to.
Yup that is what I would do of course I would be out 90 the entire way coming from MA. Then insert Chads directions and you should be ok. You will probably drive another 2-300 miles this way but it is SO much less stressfull. If you get stuck behind a truck on the Penn Turnpike you are basically done for as you can not pass two trucks at once because it is to narrow. I was having a heart attack on the way out to LOTO towing a empty trailer never mind if we had Biggus's new gun on there!!!!
Old 02-27-2004, 08:01 AM
Registered

What's the secret?

Someone the St. Croix getting a new (to them) Top Gun?