Like Tree0Likes

Stern Axed?

Old 02-26-2004, 05:49 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

zero tolerance My azz

Please lets go back in history and look what clinton did and the kennedy's. You can't curse on tv or radio but you can cheat on your wife and screw chicks in the white house and f-up an entire nation. But Don't say Do_Do on radio
Old 02-26-2004, 06:00 PM
Registered

My Boats: 2001 Top Gun T/S, 2002 Gladiator

Quote:
Originally posted by CAP071
zero tolerance My azz

Please lets go back in history and look what clinton did and the kennedy's. You can't curse on tv or radio but you can cheat on your wife and screw chicks in the white house and f-up an entire nation. But Don't say Do_Do on radio

Hmmm.... lets see, one president lied about whether he received oral sex from an intern which resulted in a stained blue dress......... the next president lied about threats to the country which resulted in almost 600 young american deaths, and nation debt that will saddle our grandchildren, and a faultering economy.... You tell me who the F-up is!!
Attached Thumbnails
Stern Axed?-1w-med.jpg  
Old 02-26-2004, 06:02 PM
Registered

My Boats: 2001 Top Gun T/S, 2002 Gladiator

By the way, that is "Osama been to Kennebunkport" pictured above.
Old 02-26-2004, 06:04 PM
BK
Registered

...and Strom Thurmond and Thomas Jefferson and Robert Tilton.......the list Governmental or Evangelical improprieties is huge.

There's always immorality - no sector of society is immune. Even Christian evangelists fall.

But I think that a few TVshows/DJ's/ do go over the top with the vulgarity.

Christianity is fine (of which I'm one), but I know Christian's are not the sole authority on teaching morality.

Hindus, Jews, Buddhists, Athiests, Muslims and Christians would all be equally offended by some of the tasteless and crude humor that we are exposed to.

Personally, I think if I cant shut it off in time before my kids see/hear it, or at least be given a warning about the content, then it needs to be toned down, at least in prime time.
Old 02-26-2004, 06:11 PM
Registered

My Boats: Sunseeker Superhawk 50', Regal 42', Fountain 32', Dan Arena 21XL Custom, Revolution SST-45,

Woa there big fella' Are you trying to tell me old GW stepped in the Whitehouse doors and caused a faultering economy. I think you know better but you just don't like GW. If you are blaming him for the economic troubles then you are mistaken.

You usually sound quite intelligent but I think just maybe you've been joining 'ol GW in his favorite past-time.
Attached Thumbnails
Stern Axed?-victory1.jpeg  
Old 02-26-2004, 06:19 PM
Registered

My Boats: Sunseeker Superhawk 50', Regal 42', Fountain 32', Dan Arena 21XL Custom, Revolution SST-45,

Hey BK I think I can help with this for you then.

HOWARD STERN IS CRUDE AND VULGAR!!! WARNING, YOU MAY NOT WANT YOUR KIDS LISTENING TO HIM. IF CRUDE AND TO SOME BOY-SCOUTS WHO LIVE IN LA LA LAND, OBNOXIOUS CONTENT, NO MATTER HOW FUNNY IT IS, OFFENDS YOU, YOU MAY NOT WANT TO LISTEN TO HIM.

Now, thank GOD he's still on the air here. But then again, the clam bumpers and the missile in the mouth boys are getting married too.
Old 02-26-2004, 06:25 PM
BK
Registered

Actually, I quit listening to Stern and I've never heard of that other guy.

HOWEVER --- there is a comedy morning DJ trio on a station right here in my town that typically run a funny, but un-shocking show. I often listen to them while driving my kids to school.

One morning they had a special guest who started making all sorts of sexual references that were WAY over the top.

Now, I'm certainly not a prude. But these comments went way too far, IMO. There were kids in the car! I can hear them asking the teacher a few minutes later: "What does 'she did me like Hoover vacuum cleaner' mean?"

What I'm thinking is....which DJ is going to start doing it next? Or maybe just keep my radio off.

Last edited by BK; 02-26-2004 at 06:55 PM.
Old 02-26-2004, 07:12 PM
Registered

My Boats: just a filter

I'll exercise my right to take my money to the sponsors of another broadcasting company. While Clear Channel can do what it has to do for it's shareholders , I'll have to do what I have to do to satisfly my need for vulgar immature behavior .

No I'm not going to become a politician.

but I did stay at a motel 6 last night.

FREE SHCMOOPY !!
Old 02-26-2004, 07:34 PM
Charter Member#1545
Charter Member

My Boats: Boating,Motorcycling,Snowmobiling

Quote:
Originally posted by d-hlaw
Hmmm.... lets see, one president lied about whether he received oral sex from an intern which resulted in a stained blue dress......... the next president lied about threats to the country which resulted in almost 600 young american deaths, and nation debt that will saddle our grandchildren, and a faultering economy.... You tell me who the F-up is!!
Is that you Cat???? Or is it Winston????
Old 02-26-2004, 07:42 PM
Registered

My Boats: 2012 Renegade 32 CC Twin 300 Verado's

I'm going to open up a whole new can of WORM'S. If Clear Channel is so concered about what they AIR what about all the HIP HOP tunes that Denegrate women and songs that premote the KILLING of POLICE. I think if anything should be removed from the airwaves these type of songs would be more of a PRIOITY. Here we go OH did I not mention that the MAJORITY of HIP HOP music are performed by MINORITY ARTIST.

Let the people clean their own house first before they try and clean up mine.