Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Just curious, Anybody from upstate NY? >

Just curious, Anybody from upstate NY?

Notices

Just curious, Anybody from upstate NY?

Old 03-05-2004, 05:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rico - Things are good with me. IMy boat is currently for sale, and hopefully by summer it will be gone and I'll have something bigger! I'm in CT now, and this water is a whole different animal. It's nice having unlimited places to run to unlike Skaneateles! I'll try giving you a ring this summer when I'm up that way. I'm always up for cruising the 1000 islands!
Old 03-05-2004, 05:30 PM
Registered

Yes jromy you call when your up and when i get my cig i will hool up in the big water. Talk to you soon.
Old 03-05-2004, 10:07 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Buffalo event conflict and THI

The two events in Buffalo already conflict with the two in the Thousand Islands, and now your group has an event that is also on June 26th that makes 3 conflicts the same day!
http://www.angelfire.com/ny5/wnyfunrun/e ,: http://www.pokerrunsamerica.com/fullcalendar04.html

eureka:
Old 03-05-2004, 10:43 PM
Registered

Need The Speed ...
Sound like a good time any hotels that you would recommend and other info.... we are about 45 minutes above Albany so it not that far of a trip...
Old 03-05-2004, 11:40 PM
VIP Member
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ya 1000 islands alexbay run is the same weekend
Old 03-05-2004, 11:55 PM
Xtreme Cooler Test Dumby
Platinum Member

Yeah I heard there are other events that weakend. Hopefully theres going to be enough boats to go around I don't know how the other events are doing as far as registraion goes, I do know that the SPBA has had ALOT of interest. This is very good considering the event is 3.5 months away.
One of the cool things about the Pirates Run is the fact that it located in the middle of NY Wine country. The area is very scenic. Seneca Lake is the largest Finger Lake, roughly 38 miles long and nearly 800 feet deep. There is NO commercial boat traffic to worry about. Watkins Glen (Nascar/WGI) is 15 minutes from the event headquarters. There is an abundace of Hotels/Rest. on the water. There are 3 state launches and a bunch of smaller stuff avail. The entry fee is small $80 and the Prizes are pretty good 1st. $1000, 2nd. $300 3rd. $200. If you have passengers that would like to play you can buy additional hands for $45. If your boat requires the nice smelly gas it's just minutes away. Oh and one more thing ALL PROCEEDS ARE DONATED TO THE UNITED WAY!
If anybody is interested in entering this event pm your address and I'll see to it you get all the information your going to need. Or call the number on the flyer

Last edited by Need-the-Speed; 03-06-2004 at 12:13 AM.
Old 03-06-2004, 07:55 AM
Xtreme Cooler Test Dumby
Platinum Member

Old 03-06-2004, 09:40 AM
Registered

Default pirates run

Need The Speed keep up the good work .I am sure there are many boaters that would be more comfortable running seneca lake than the river
Old 03-06-2004, 07:48 PM
Xtreme Cooler Test Dumby
Platinum Member

Speedball
Thanks for the praise. I think that this will be a "self Promoting" event once people learn about the area and ofcourse Seneca Lake. The SPBA is all about good times and good friends!
Old 03-06-2004, 07:59 PM
TeamTaboo
VIP Member

Need-the-Speed What is the best time to get info on this event. I can call just about anytime. Bill

Quick Reply: Just curious, Anybody from upstate NY?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.