Like Tree0Likes

Whats up at the Hustler Plant

Old 03-15-2004, 08:51 AM
Registered

My Boats: Center Console

If memory serves me correctly, Hustler occupies space on a semi-active Military / Federal Installation. Perhaps there lies the access problem? Maybe something was going on at the base that day and no visitors were allowed? Itís just a thought.
Old 03-15-2004, 10:20 AM
Registered

My Boats: Hustler 40 Forie

Well, Thats why I ask if it is a isolated incident or a norm, By reading the responses, I could lean toward poor relations, If things were that busy, A simple explanation or a Diff. tone would have sufficed, Not really interested in using Bayliner as a comparison, Nortech, Spectre and other major manufacturers do seem to get a high quality product out and still respond to there customers professionally, this is not bashing with OSO, It simply is what this forum is all about, Keeping fellow boaters notified of these experiences, Many threads have been to always praise other industry members. and no I never notified the receptionist of the amount of $$ I paid for my boat, Do not think it is necessary, 1500. or 250,000. Public image is public image, they may capture a lot more market share with simply a little better attitude, The cheapest investment they could make at this point, I think we all agree they already have the quality product, and buy the way, My call has still not been returned to date.........
Old 03-15-2004, 10:37 AM
Registered

too old, there is a difference between an excuse and a reason. at no point did i try to excuse what happened and say that it's perfectly OK. i only provided a reason for it based on my experience.

however, if a consumer believes that he is making an informed decision on which boat to own based on a one-off telephone exchange with a secretary, then they really do need some education.

so, let's not mix apples and pears here. while what happened was unfortunate, it has no bearing on the quality of hustler products, on the pride of ownership and the pleasure you may have in owning and using one of these boats.

and i'm not taking sides here because i was also tempted to post this kind of opinion when cigarette was criticized, when fountain was criticized... i only did so now because i know the people involved and i strongly feel that this was an isolated incident not worthy of diminishing their reputation, especially when you realize what kind of commitment goes into making hustlers what they are.
Old 03-15-2004, 10:42 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

My Boats: 1979 Formula 302, 99 Formula 353, 81 Donzi 18 2+3 with 454

IF this was a issolated incodent then I understand but if it happens often wife or not he needs to send her packing, or put here in charge of something else!!! Chart was visiting out from Indiana and we had to run down to Composits One near Outerlimits. I called them the day before and they said no problem stop in. So I thought it would be fun to stop in. We showed up in the AM and they said can you come back later. We said no problem we will go get lunch. When we returned they said we could not take a tour. They handed us a couple brocures and sent us packing. They explained that they had a few people out and they were to bussy. I was not real mad at them for any other reason but that I could have been half way home at that time.... Oh ya I was also bummed to not be able to see the plant

Jon
Old 03-15-2004, 10:59 AM
Registered

that's exactly my point: those people are busy building our boats. When our boats are late, we're unhappy. When we want to tour the factories and we can't because they want to deliver on time, we're still unhappy. I suppose they could hire extra people to handle stuff like that, but the price of that boat will inevitably go up and we'll be unhappy yet again. And since there's OSO, they can't make a single mistake. they just can't win.
Old 03-15-2004, 11:03 AM
Registered

too old, notice I threw in "pride of ownership" and "pleasure of ownership" because that seemed to be affected by that telephone incident. boat "quality" and "builder commitment" were thrown in because those are the variables i would primarily consider when making an informed decision whether to own a particular brand of powerboat.
Old 03-15-2004, 11:36 AM
Registered

My Boats: 2005 42' Fountain SOLD

Most people don't believe everything they hear and read. I value all input good and bad and then I make my own decision.
Old 03-15-2004, 12:17 PM
Registered

too old, i do have a business relationship with hustler and this is why i feel strongly about all this. i know them pretty well and they are not bad people, quite the opposite actually. if i didn't know them, i wouldn't be talking, this is why i kept it shut when cigarette was criticized for the same thing. don't know them, can't defend or accuse them. but for hustler, i know it's not their standard practice. i've been there when joe takes people for tours. he likes to show them all aspects of the manufacturing process, from the glass shop to rigging and wiring. it often takes half a day to see everything and explain everything. if he doesn't have the time, joe will prefer not to do the tour at all rather than do something half-assed. anybody can have a bad day and have a slip up. that doesn't mean they should be crucified in public. especially as they don't deserve it in this case.

but all that is irrelevant since you gave up and i won this argument
Old 03-15-2004, 12:32 PM
Registered

My Boats: 1990 Donzi Sweet 16

I feel like I'm watching a game of "Pong".
Old 03-15-2004, 12:34 PM
Registered

My Boats: 2005 42' Fountain SOLD

ping