Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Sailboaters want to race Cigarette Guys.... >

Sailboaters want to race Cigarette Guys....

Notices

Sailboaters want to race Cigarette Guys....

Old 03-16-2004, 07:21 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Let those "non contributing to the taxbase sail boaters" enjoy peace and quiet when we feel like it.

After all they always have priority so let them enjoy that.... SUCKERS!
Old 03-16-2004, 07:22 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mr. Velolcity, is that a colision course???

Ramming Speed Captain!!!!!!
Old 03-16-2004, 09:01 PM
Registered

No it isn't.... till the blo-as* spots ya and then they turn right for you so purposely steer around them
Old 03-16-2004, 09:06 PM
Registered

He said "foredeck" and "Awash" LOL

I bet he drives a volvo and smokes a pipe
Old 03-16-2004, 09:23 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts

The really funny thing is they even give us dirty looks when they're under power. My wife an I were out on Tampa Bay a couple weeks ago and we counted 7 blow botes, 6 of them had no rags up and were cranking along at 3 knots with their stinky little diesels. There was at least 10 knots of wind that day. That stuff they posted on their website about makes me glad I have dry exhaust. And the stabs at us about having bikini clad women on our boats is a compliment in disguise. They're just jealous that their Volvo drivin' pipe smokin' hairy legs and armpit, birkenstock wearin', granola bar eatin', book worm women are too embarrassed to put anything on smaller than their camo cutoffs. Just my .02
Dave
Old 03-16-2004, 09:28 PM
Registered

They all have bad attitudes because they can't shake all the flies when underway. Ever been on one? After 30 min. damn flies congregate like there's no tomorrow. Guess I'd be in poor spirits. That's why they run the stinky so it tries to smoke them out.
Old 03-16-2004, 09:52 PM
Registered

The really funny thing is they even give us dirty looks when they're under power. My wife an I were out on Tampa Bay a couple weeks ago and we counted 7 blow botes, 6 of them had no rags up and were cranking along at 3 knots with their stinky little diesels. There was at least 10 knots of wind that day. That stuff they posted on their website about makes me glad I have dry exhaust. And the stabs at us about having bikini clad women on our boats is a compliment in disguise. They're just jealous that their Volvo drivin' pipe smokin' hairy legs and armpit, birkenstock wearin', granola bar eatin', book worm women are too embarrassed to put anything on smaller than their camo cutoffs. Just my .02
Dave

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

STOOPID BLOW BOATERS

Crazybastard 1 and I were at the bar of a local ski lodge wearing Baja and Cigarette clothing when a dude approaches me and was like "nice shirt". I reply "thanks do you own a boat?", he says "no but I rig boats for a living" mind you there where about 7 other powerboaters at the bar laughing and having a good time anyway, I was like "oh yeah what kind of boats?" He smiles and proudly says "sailboats" a wierd strange silence fell over the whole bar then the guy starts laughing and says "jesus christ people I just work on the boats, I didnt say I was a fuc*in blow boater" then he goes into all theese storries about how the tightwads never want to pay him for anything and they expect all their repairs for next to nothing or free.
Old 03-17-2004, 07:24 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

LMAO! The resentment and jeleousy in that blowboater's tone is hilarious.

He only wishes he had any one of those things.

Blowboaters...making fine turnpins for 'cigarette boats' for decades.
Old 03-17-2004, 11:51 AM
Registered

I thought "introspection" was when you thought about YOURSELF.
Jealous, no doubt.
You can tell by the tone.

It would be nice to get a 30 footer for 5k though....

They must not know that we have depth finders, and that we manage pretty well at not running into each other. They must not realize that at 50, 60 or 90 knots you better be good, learn quick, and be paying attention. Things happen really fast in my world.

Hiding behind the dirty looks we get are thoughts like:

"Wow, look at that baby"
"Man, that must be a hundred thousand dollar boat"

How come every sailboater I have ever met wants a ride on my boat, but not vice-versa? That tells the whole story.
Old 03-17-2004, 12:41 PM
Registered

every year they protest on our Lake because there is a bridge on the way to the dam which the lake is 29 miles long and from the bridge to the dam is about 12 miles : It is really beautiful and they want the bride replaced we live 3 miles from the dam, it is funny as yell because one well know around the lake has a cruiser which he uses to take the older people in his family around the lake and party he also just bought a 36 spectre late in the fall and we watched him take the cruiser flying through them all last year and went under the bridge toward the dam..... I hope he does it this year with the cat
another thing they don't realize it that it is really smooth up on this end and about every other weekend we have 12 to 14 jet boats with big out boards that come up here to race and others who want to race in smooth water....I will be sure to take pic's of it this year when we go through them....

Last edited by Rforsey; 03-17-2004 at 09:32 PM.

Quick Reply: Sailboaters want to race Cigarette Guys....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.