Notices

Trailer Tie Down

Old 03-21-2004, 09:55 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trailer Tie Down

I've been trying to figure out how I can tie down the stern of the boat to the trailer. I haven't found a straight line from the pad eyes to any point on the trailer because the tabs are in the way.

Any ideas or suggestions are greatly appreceiated.
Attached Thumbnails Trailer Tie Down-p3200264a.jpg  
Old 03-21-2004, 10:45 AM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I go from my eye over the tab , around the outside of the tab to the trailer on my Formula. Been doing it for years with no problem
Old 03-21-2004, 11:33 AM
Registered

Default Formula

That look like my trailer. I will be over in Orange Beech next week. Email me you contact info and /or number and I will get with you on this.

Have looked at that boat..... one awesome ride!!!!!
Old 03-21-2004, 11:46 AM
Registered

Default Pictures

Do you have any other pictures of the boat?

ohhh if is our trailer, we can build you rear step pads with strap slots to the outer edge. Will keep straps off tabs.
Old 03-21-2004, 12:31 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

I had a similar set up with my Cafe and I just wrapped the strap around the final cross member on each side and tied it to the hook on each side of the rear transome. Yours will run around your tabs but no bigs.
Old 03-22-2004, 09:44 AM
Registered

Hi-Tech - I believe it is your trailer I'm riding on based on that it says Hi-Tech on it and it was built in Panama City. I'd love your help getting the stern tied down. I'll PM you with contact info - any help your willing to give will be greatly appreciated.

You are more than welcome to use the pictures - I have three on the trailer - one with no people. I can send to you if you like.
Old 03-22-2004, 10:20 AM
Registered

By the way - this is the biggest boat I have ever trailered and this weekend was my first time in the water with it. The trailer towed, launched and loaded super. It was nice and easy - just the way it should be.

Old 03-22-2004, 10:31 AM
Registered

Reed, boat looks nice!! Sold the other one yet?? Are you going to the races in Biloxi?? I will be coming down that weekend to go fishing and then may head over there on Sunday. Would love to see the new one in the water
Old 03-22-2004, 10:36 AM
Registered

My Myco with engine guard/bumper, has 2 tie downs on the front only. Straps hook to eye and angle slighty rear to the trailer. I was told that I never needed rear tie-downs. Am I in danger here?
Old 03-22-2004, 10:48 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

I tie down in no less to five places. I had a convo with some SCOPE guys this weekend, and granted, while some of us would love to have our boat totalled via cheese grate to oblivion via Interstate/Freeway, think of the liability if that thing hurt someone coming off the trailer. Tieing down via just cranking the bow eye up to the bottom of the winch post is NOT enough. Just ask Frank Hubble here in Virginia how bad his Hustler looked when it flipped off the trailer, after the wheels fell into a ditch when another car when is his lane. How many hours of airbrushing were detroyed?

At minimum, you need two rear tie downs. That is what the transom hooks are for. I keep two ratchet straps rated for 10K each, one on each side of the transom. I keep the bow eye, below the winch stand roller, with the winch tight. And, I keep two latch straps, also to the bow eye, angled back toward the fenders, to keep the boat from sliding forward. My boat has moved on my trailer as much as two inches in rapid breaking, (before the trailer was adjusted properly to fit the boat).

Please folks, strap down the transoms.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 03-22-2004 at 10:52 AM.

Quick Reply: Trailer Tie Down

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.