Biggus gets thrashed by the ignorant...

Notices

Biggus gets thrashed by the ignorant...

Old 03-25-2004, 09:12 PM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gee, I've heard some nasty things about Christmas Island
I usually launch there when staying at the NASWA but last time I couldn't get my boat on the trailer straight because the ramp was low on the right side which had the trailer leaning big time. Wound up towing to Ames Farm (nice concrete ramp). All I had to do was back into the water and pull it out and the boat centered itself . They still got me $15

Last edited by mopower; 03-26-2004 at 07:24 PM.
Old 03-25-2004, 09:24 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by mopower
Gee, I've heard some nasty things about Christmas Island
I usually launch there when staying at the NAZWA but last time I couldn't get my boat on the trailer straight because the ramp was low on the right side which had the trailer leaning big time. Wound up towing to Ames Farm (nice concrete ramp). All I had to do was back into the water and pull it out and the boat centered itself . They still got me $15
Nothing wrong with the farm... other than the $15.
So what's the scope on X-mas Island? I'll try anything once, but if it's really that bad maybe I'll pass. I guess all I need is a POS bed to crash on after I tie a good one on. Anything more will be a waste of money because I wont speed any time in the room and when I do I won't be sober!
Old 03-25-2004, 09:26 PM
Registered

i think biggus is a pig. now that he is causing all that trouble up there, he should sell me his gun...trouble maker!!! they would not post my response either...wonder why? Mr. Wonderful
Old 03-25-2004, 09:36 PM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

SS,
If you heard it was ok from a fellow boater , ok. What I heard was maybe two years ago. Things may have been rectified by now. Things like funky smelling rooms , no curtains or shade on bathroom window , doors that wouldn't stay latched. You know , things that remind you of home They do have better parking than the NAZ But if you stayed there you already know their set up. It's just fun pulling up in front with an F350 and 33' of boat and trailer
Old 03-25-2004, 10:20 PM
Registered

Silver sands in gilford.. Hotel/motel/fountain,hustler,sonic,dealer..
Old 03-25-2004, 10:33 PM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Any time I tried there , they were full . Doesn't look bad and never heard anything bad about the place. I used to stay at Sandy Point but my present boat is too big for their docks. They say 20/21 foot max
Old 03-26-2004, 04:56 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

I think an OSO get together at Winnipesaukee would be a great idea!

We used to live in Exeter NH and boated on Winni for years. It's a beautiful lake and there are many performance boats, just got to behave like a human and you should be fine. I've never encountered any resistance from the likes of the Winni board It's the power of the keyboard I guess

It has been a few years since we have been on the water there and we are going to trailer over a few times this summer. (I'm on Sebago/Long lake about an hour away)

We have stayed at Christmas Island many times. It never bothered us at all. Not fancy, just your regular 'ol motel but the rates are reasonable and they have a decent restaurant/bar on the premises. Slips are geared to the smaller boat so check it out.

I like to stay at the NASWA because its the hot spot Dock up and watch the show! It's always a good time. We have had a lot of fun there over the years.

Thanks for the support on the Winni board guys! ..although I was not really surprised at the direction the thread went in, that board is very one-sided.

So who wants to plan an OSO gathering on Winni? Count me in!

Kurt
Old 03-26-2004, 05:11 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thumbs down Heard Bad things...

Originally posted by SS930
Nothing wrong with the farm... other than the $15.
So what's the scope on X-mas Island? I'll try anything once, but if it's really that bad maybe I'll pass. I guess all I need is a POS bed to crash on after I tie a good one on. Anything more will be a waste of money because I wont speed any time in the room and when I do I won't be sober!
Ames farm is awsome!!! the people are great and I leave my truck and trailer there With never a incident..

Now on the Xmas Island.. If a Slightly musty bed is what your looking for You got it.. Looked there for rooms for Our wedding and it was spring and the rooms were closed up but I dont think that musty smell would ever go away!! and It was run down...stuff in the lobby was dated 2-5 years ago..But it is cheep!!!and they have a lot of rooms. There ramp was small and a jocky between trees, dock space was ok and is not far from the NASWA to stumble back to...If you can sleep on your boat You would be better off and use the room for a shower,,
My .02

Another place you can try is the King Birch Motor lodge in Alton they have a 2 great docks and 8-10 rooms and the owners are performance boaters (03 28 eliminator io) My best recommendation..603-875-2222

Last edited by blownincome; 03-26-2004 at 01:15 PM.
Old 03-26-2004, 10:49 AM
Registered

High Holly Crap! Those guy's are A' holes at that place. I've been going back and forth on that stupid thread and I just cannot believe that there are people that ignorant of boating. Aren't they fellow boaters? We where going there this summer but I'm SERIOUSLY re-thinking that. At least the moderator has been posting my responses. I can't believe he's selecting what to post.
Old 03-26-2004, 10:50 AM
Registered

Are they all French?

Quick Reply: Biggus gets thrashed by the ignorant...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.