Biggus gets thrashed by the ignorant... >

Biggus gets thrashed by the ignorant...

Notices

Biggus gets thrashed by the ignorant...

Old 03-26-2004, 10:56 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Well

The Lake and its residents are not represented by that rediculous forum..
Old 03-26-2004, 11:08 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Well

Originally posted by Pantera1
THANK GOD!!!!!!!
Old 03-26-2004, 11:20 AM
AIRTIME

My baja has dry pipes I have apair of shotguns for it but will that lower the sound down I could wire them almost shut closed; what do you guys think

Old 03-26-2004, 11:23 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

dry pipes(YIKES) MP will get ya for sure!!!
Old 03-26-2004, 11:29 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like a perfect spot for a Poker Run!!!
Old 03-26-2004, 11:50 AM
Registered

Hey if they don't like offshore boats on inland lakes maybe I should get all my dragboat friends out there! That might be fun, a couple dozen top fuel, pickle forks and flat bottoms. Dry pipes!!!! What pipes?
Old 03-26-2004, 12:53 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Well

Originally posted by Pantera1
Very true!! That forum is filled with the misinformed and a fair amount of whiners, and in between all that you'll find a good one or two.

Biggus - let me know when you plan to head over to the lake, we'll hook up and try and spread the good word on why performance boaters aren't all jerks! Ok, maybe just for a few drinks and stories, leave the ambassador duties to the Chamber. I like the idea of an OSO gathering (or two) up there over the summer. I know of one weekend in July I won't be there (stupid wedding, get married in the winter will ya?! ) but other than that I am there every weekend, might even try a week or two as well, QUALITY boating during the week up there!

SS930 - I would shy away from Christmas Island, kinda skeevy! Lots of great resorts up there besides that one.

Go to: http://www.winnipesaukee.com, scroll down and under "features" click on "Lake Links" then click on "Lodging" - huge list of options, (at least the site has a few good attributes to it). Ames Farm is a good spot and in a good location. Margate is pretty consistent, or at least it was last time I checked? They have docks and are right in Paugus Bay too.
Old 03-26-2004, 05:30 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My latest retort to the whiner posting as BOATER who seems to think calling us all "arrogant" is the answer to everything
Now let me get this straight. In your point of view, an offshore boat owner is dangerous because his or her boat is big and fast? Get real. The number one cause of death on the water is drowning. Not collision with an "offshore" boat. The number one group of boaters who drown, fisherman in sub 20 foot open boats. The number one cause, intoxication. Thats right, they fall overboard drunk while relieving themselves of all the beer they have ingested while fishing.
Safety is your stated concern? I would be willing to bet that the average "offshore" boat operater has more safety training than the average " cottager" on the water. They have better equipped boats with full compliments of safety and first aid gear. They have far fewer accidents in the first place but that is so easy for you to dismiss as arrogance isn't it. Most "offshore" boaters have one hell of alot of money tied up in their boats and aren't foolish enough to endanger it, themselves, their crews or those around them by recklessly operating their vessels in crowded lakes.
Now, lets talk about the "average" boater who has no formal training,no safety gear or knowledge to use it. Very little knowledge of the rules of the water and how to operate a vessel according to those rules. The kid out in mom and dads runabout, tin boat, canoe or PWC who really has no clue what so ever as to what they are doing or should be doing. The sail boater running under power who thinks that just because they have a sail boat they have the right of way at all times.The cabin cruiser couple who bought the biggest floating condo they could afford from the shiny salesman at the boat show but never got the training to go with it.The weekend boater who thinks a boat is just like a car because it has seats and a steering wheel but figures it ok to drive while impaired because thats what "boating" is all about. Yes, lets talk about safety on the water shall we. You asked for rational debate on the safety issue. I offer it. Please feel free to explain to me how the "offshore" boaters are so dangerous in direct comparison to the "average" boaters on your or any other body of water. Or am I just being too arrogant?
P.S. I own and operate a boat that is capable of running almost 100 mph. I have never had one single incident that could be considered an accident in 25 years of boating.Maybe I am just an "arrogant bully" and anyone who might have been killed by me stayed out of my way because I have an offshore boat? Or could it be that maybe, just maybe I as an "offshore" boater take safety, mine and everyone's around me very very seriously.
Old 03-26-2004, 05:47 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Very Nice Airpacker..........
Old 03-26-2004, 07:31 PM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Airpacker,
You go Boy . What an answer Just read it over there and you about covered all bases. There are some dick$ over there ,who , if it's not in their tiny realm of existence , it should be outlawed and banned
The same thing happens every year this time. They're getting a little testy waiting for ice out