Notices

Innocent or Guilty?

Old 03-24-2004, 08:43 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Send them a check covered with stickers... see if they can cash it.... that would be fair... f--ing fish cops... I can remember being on Lake Powell... some fish cop noticed my boat didn't have state tags... they pull up with the k-mart blue-light special buy flashing light on... ask about not having tags... I explain to these two idiots that it has "coast guard registry"... and show them the document... one guy faintly understood what it was... the other dip-**** was telling the somewhat knowledgeable one to impound my boat... I was about to fire up the motors and swamp their little cup of a boat if they had tried to impound me... idiots.... it's about the same at Havasu... I got into an argument with one of those dip-wads at the launch ramp... tried to explain to him that my triple axle trailer would not make the turns at the launch ramp on the island... I had to launch here... I didn't need to park the trailer here... but I had to launch here... I might just as well have been speaking a foreign language to this idiot.

Last edited by Reed Jensen; 03-24-2004 at 08:49 PM.
Old 03-24-2004, 08:45 PM
sauron

Stick the ticket to the bouy, that is VERY funny. Good luck.

Old 03-24-2004, 08:47 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by craig223
Steve,

By the way, What is better: Havazoo or LOTO
I've never been to LOTO... but anything has to be better than Havasu on a holiday or spring break... stupid drunk college kids... too many PWC's swarming like flies.... Way too loud f---ing rap music...
Old 03-24-2004, 09:07 PM
Steve_H

Originally posted by Troutly
Seems like The Man got ya again!
good memory ocifer
at least i didnt get a ticket last time.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...light=illinois

Old 03-25-2004, 01:46 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally posted by CigaretteFirefox
You should have taped the ticket to the bouy! What the hell... everything else is on that useless floating cork.
lol
Old 03-25-2004, 05:42 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Not Guilty!!!%#%##*Thats not a No Wake Marker..Its an ad campaign..Show the pic in court!!
Old 03-25-2004, 07:23 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts

Take the names of every company that has their stupid sticker on the bouy and send them all a bill.
Old 03-25-2004, 08:03 AM
Steve_H

i suck at writing letters

Dear Judge Babbitt ,

This letter is in regards to a ticket I received on 3-16-04 on Lake Havasu (complaint # 70286) for excess wake.

On our recent trip to California to purchase a boat we decided to go boating on Lake Havasu on our way back home to Missouri. As we passed under the bridge and past the bars and restaurants at idle speed we noticed the no-wake buoys. Because the buoys were obviously unreadable we made the logical assumption that we were past the no-wake area and were free to bring the boat up on plane. There were very few boats in the area and none close enough to us to present any danger therefore we proceeded to increase speed to around 40 mph. Approximately 500 yards away we noticed the second set of buoys and immediately brought the boat back to idle speed.

I would never intentionally break any posted speed limits or violate the law. All I ask is that you take into consideration the buoys in the area have been defaced and are impossible to read.

Sincerely,

Steve xxxxxxxx

Old 03-25-2004, 08:51 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I think that will do just fine. Include the pics you posted here and I can't imagine any reasonable judge would stick it to you. Good luck.

The buoys are funny as hell, though.
Old 03-25-2004, 09:49 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Well written, Send it on!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.