Not what I expected.
Sorry to hear. What are they thinking?
Old 04-06-2004, 03:40 PM
Steve_H

Originally posted by Baja Daze
Not what I expected.
Sorry to hear. What are they thinking?
$$$$$$
they know its a f***** up deal but it provides money to the local school district.

Old 04-06-2004, 03:47 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 04-06-2004, 03:47 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear that... now it becomes a principle thing and is it worth fighting. If it were me I would fight it even if it cost me 10 times the ticket because right is right and wrong is wrong.

Do you think speeding tickets on the interstate would hold up if all the signs were covered by stickers?

Good luck Steve!
Old 04-06-2004, 04:26 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's time for some Moslem terrorists to "take out" those bouys..... . Allah.. hu' Akbar!........
Old 04-06-2004, 04:42 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The second set of bouys is 500 yards...1500 feet away? I'm not sure I could see something that small, that far on a sunny afternoon. Shouldn't they be more like 75 yards away from each other.

I believe if you read your Chapmans Rules of the Road it will say that a bouy is telling you what to do within 200 feet in all directions. If the second set was indeed 1500 feet away, it would be a second no wake zone and you'd need to be off plane 200 feet before you got there.

I believe I'm right about this.
Old 04-06-2004, 04:45 PM
Registered

Who gave you the ticket? there at least 5 agencies from two states plus the Coast Guard that patrol the lake.

Good luck.
Old 04-06-2004, 04:58 PM
Registered

That is what I expected, the admit responsibility with an explanation is a joke, you are lucky they gave you a second chance to show up, in most cases your signing that ticket was your admission to the citation...you just had an explanation. Now with photos and the written law in hand you will win, it is just going to require you to pay them another visit, remind them this and that you are again contributing to the local economy thru room and board. Also explain it is a Federal law not to deface these navigational aids and that it is their responsibility to make sure they are visible. The speed limit example is a good one and should be used. If all else fails lunge for the officers gun and see what happens
Old 04-06-2004, 05:00 PM
Registered

Let me help

Dear Judge Babbitt ,

This letter is in regards to a ticket I received on 3-16-04 on Lake Havasu (complaint # 70286) for excess wake.
I have been watching allot of Miami Vice in the last few weeks and really get jazzed about the close quarters high speed boating scenes. So as I passed through the channel with my pants around my ankles I decided to let er rip! I didn't get up on plane until I passed these first buoys (which I have enclosed a picture of) due to the fact that I was sh%$t faced drunk and couldn't find the throttles. The fact that I had 4 under aged girls distracting me (One who had your same last name and was a local...snorts coke like a champ!) could have stalled my progress a bit. Anyhoo, I just wanted to invite you out on my big loud bright boat that costs more than you make in a year, sometime. After all, I feel sorry for you having to deal with the numbskulls that gave me this ticket. Sorry that the attached ticket is covered in a peanut butter like substance, I was showing the officers where I was going to put it, and stuck it a bit too far up. They didn't think it was as funny as me and the girls did. I yelled at them to get a sense of humor, after all, I am paying there salaries. So your judgship, just wanted to drop you a line and extend an invite for the next time I am at Havasu.

This is the letter you will wish you would have sent after they ignore the first one.

Best of luck, Fight the good fight!
Old 04-06-2004, 05:06 PM
Registered

Steve, wake up and smell the coffee!You are guilty!The fact that you own an Apache is proof enough you rebel you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.