Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
STOLEN 42 Mti, FOUND- REWARD for INFO!! >

STOLEN 42 Mti, FOUND- REWARD for INFO!!

Notices

STOLEN 42 Mti, FOUND- REWARD for INFO!!

Old 03-30-2004, 02:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If true that it was in Nebraska, heading north, seems like Canada might be a possible destination. With some of those small town border crossings that they highlighted after 9/11, they might sneak across the border if they can make it that far. You would think a sharp police officer would make and issue of the oversize load. I'll bet they are traveling the state routes, not major interstates, that's why they aren't making very good time. Also not just any parking lot can handle loads that size, they have to be using the truck stops, especially if that is a diesel dually. All the northern guys keep your eyes and ears wide open, an afternoon hanging out at the truck stop, may net you a reward check.
Old 03-30-2004, 02:12 PM
Registered

Amazing, everyone that has offered info wants a ride in the boat instead of the reward. Keep it coming, lets show the non computer guys the power of the internet.
Old 03-30-2004, 03:24 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If they would have held up a Wells Fargo truck and stolen $500,000 the cops in 5 states would stop every white duelly pick-up.

In Nebraska that thing would stick out so much and I-80 is very heavily patrolled there is no way with a call to the State Patrol it could go from one end of the state to another without being stopped. They stop people all the time and catch drugs and illegals being moved through the state so that huge ass boat wouldn't stand a chance.
Old 03-30-2004, 03:26 PM
Registered

If any of you guys are HAM radio operators, or have CB's, put out an APB on this and tell the truckers. They are a good group as a bunch and they have eyes and ears all over the country!
Old 03-30-2004, 04:47 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does anyone have a decent picture of this boat?
Old 03-30-2004, 06:29 PM
Charter Member #30
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

I passed a large cat going the opposite direction on the Ohio Turnpike today between Toledo and Sandusky heading West. It had shrink wrap and went by fast but I could see some type of graphic through the wrap near the rear the sponsons were white.
I called the Highway Patrol and gave them the info. It may be a dead end and seems strange that it would be in this area but you never know and it would of bothered me that I had not at least made the call.
BTW the tow vehicle was large, at least a 650,white and had a wide load sign the boat was at least a 42' cat.
Old 03-30-2004, 07:27 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can't they put out a nation wide APB to all toll booths? Like Amber alert

between point a and point b they would have to drive by atleast 1 toll booth I would think. don't they record who goes through? I know all bridges from pa to Nj record everything on cameras
Old 03-30-2004, 07:35 PM
Registered

Received 64 Likes on 26 Posts

my boat wont fit through a toll booth. im sure it wont either, unless they have a pike pass. but then they cannot get off the turnpike.
Old 03-30-2004, 07:40 PM
Registered

Like someone suggested earlier this boat is probably not far from the original theft point, they certainly realize that this thing was going to be missed and easy to spot. If you were going to steal this thing, that would have to forefront in your mind staying out of sight. I would have to believe they thought this thru before making such a bold move.
Old 03-30-2004, 07:42 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

it' s probably stripped and shredded by now

maybe they thought it had motors

Quick Reply: STOLEN 42 Mti, FOUND- REWARD for INFO!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.