Like Tree0Likes

Legal advice please

Old 03-29-2004, 05:09 PM
OffshoreOnly Antagonizer
VIP Member

My Boats: 1981 Sears inflatable, twin oars

Ron,

Inasmuch as the dealership's phknlwyr wrote the contract that you signed, I would bet that it has more holes for the dealer than there are hair plugs on Stecz20's head.

Look specifically for a section entitled "Remedies" or "Default" or "Cancellation." You will probably find that you agreed that your sole recourse against them is limited to the return of your deposit monies.

I agree with the others: be a squeaky wheel. You never know what may happen.

-Mr. Sorkin, 10th Grade Geometry teacher
Old 03-29-2004, 05:16 PM
Registered

My Boats: 42 GTX OL

Ron P,
sea what you get for not buying american,serves you right!!!!!!!!!!!!!hahahahahahah
Old 03-29-2004, 05:31 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Ok, now that outer 42 got that out of his system.........

I read the fine print. The only thing I see regarding this issue is as follows:

DELAYS IN DELIVERY Dealer shall not be liable for failure to deliver or for any delay in delivering the vehicle covered by this order where such failure or delay is due, in whole or part, to any cause beyond the control or without the fault of negligence of dealer.

I don't think that gives them a right to screw me and just walk away. Does it?
Old 03-29-2004, 05:39 PM
Banned

I'm sure they would expect you to hold up your end of the contract if they sold it, and you should be able to expect the same. Ask him how he'd like it if you took delivery of the truck then decided they wanted too much. They can't have it both ways. I'd be bitter for sure.
Old 03-29-2004, 05:39 PM
Registered

My Boats: scratching the surface!

Ron if you need a good price on the truck pm me the specs and I can get ya one a little over cost thru my friends branch in TX if you need the help on the pricing.
Old 03-29-2004, 05:40 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member
Trade Score: (2)

My Boats: 8' row boat

It's in there. Why do you think the contract is on legal and 5 pages long? And the others are proably right...they sold your truck to somebody else.
Old 03-29-2004, 05:43 PM
Registered

What do you expect from a dealer that sells japanese trucks... and the parent company is Peugeot.... THE FRENCH!...... I think you have a case against them for breach of contract.... but you may be trying to push a rope uphill by sueing them.... I'd just walk away and take my business elsewhere. I've gone the "hardnose" route before.... Even when I was totally in the 'right'... it cost me double in attorney's fees what I recovered.... plus it took two years out of my life. Do you really want to be entangled in some litigation for several years over a few dollars?... Move on and chalk it up to " trying to get the best deal"... but it didn't happen.
Old 03-29-2004, 05:45 PM
Registered

My Boats: 99 Scarab 33 AVS

It's expensive, but an unhappy customer of a dealership across town from ours hired a bunch of people from a temp agency to picket the store on a Saturday(busiest day of the week). Word is, the dealer figured he lost over $100,000.00 that day from lost business and bad publicity. Sometimes a threat of that nature is all it takes.
Old 03-29-2004, 05:47 PM
Member #9
Charter Member

Ron, sounds as though the dealer was negligent in not ordering the vehicle.

Being that the truck is rare, I am sure that the dealer found out they are allocated only som many and the deal they made you is tough for them to swallow thus the 'no deal'.

I would stress the price difference as well as a rental as you mentioned since it will take additional time until you get it.
Old 03-29-2004, 06:46 PM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

My Boats: '03 Lip-ship Gladiator - Purchased (Not from Lip-Ship) w/ worn out Merc's posted on OSO Classifieds and told to me had "Fresh Motors." Wish I would have gotten to Philly's 1 Day Sooner and bought the Gladiator he sold to Tommy!!!

You should tell him the price has just been dropped 5k, and thank him for already giving you 20% of that back. Remind him that'll be much cheaper for them than a stiff summary judgement!

sorry to hear that... But, I agree with bajabob38, "You should've bought a Ford!" Sorry... bad timing for humor!