O/T Power Chips for 6.0 PSD

Old 03-30-2004, 02:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all the input
Old 03-30-2004, 03:49 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

Not to jump as well, but BOOT have you tested the 6pack from banks with the extra juice in it yet? Just curios s to compaired to the edge with attitude. Looking to get a chip but don't know which way to run yet. Also looked at bullydog as well. Your opinions are welcome.
Old 03-30-2004, 04:30 PM
Charter Member#1545
Charter Member

The Banks 6 Pack will not run with the Edge + Attitude. We found out in a couple different tests. The Banks is very nice but way too "safe" for most. Sam
Old 03-30-2004, 04:37 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

I have 2 friends with Bullydog, and 1 with Quadzilla modules. They both have 3500 CC, mine is a dually. The Bullydog and Quad look similiar , but the Quad is quicker. The Bullydog has broken down numerous times, no tech or dealer support. We race from a standstill and on highway, I walk them both on stage 3 and then switching to stage 5 once rolling, I actually blow them away and out pull them. The deisel site says that the Predator does shift good, but a couple of guys state that it still has some problems. No matter which module, chip, or programmer you buy, the Ford Trans has a problem with it. So keep it in the lower hp levels, so as not to upset the clutches in the tranny, and use the power wisely, good luck. I have almost 15k miles on this Edge/Attitude, and I dont abuse it, it really helps to pull my 10-14k trailers on a daily basis, Thanks Jeff
Old 03-30-2004, 04:48 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 138 Likes on 83 Posts

Friend of mine has a 6.0

He says power is fine, but wants better fuel economy. He put me in charge of finding a good box to use. I told him I refuse to be in charge of finding more fuel economy, and told him to go with the Edge or Western Diesel box.

He's still harping about fuel mileage. Anybody got a proven way to increase mpg?
Old 03-30-2004, 05:08 PM
Charter Member#1545
Charter Member

Originally posted by mcollinstn
Friend of mine has a 6.0

He's still harping about fuel mileage. Anybody got a proven way to increase mpg?
We have found that when the trucks are "bombed", the customers drive them harder and only retain moderate fuel mileage. The fun factor of an 8000lb truck that will run like a lot of sports cars can be a little addicting. We never proclaim to be able to increase fuel economy, just performance. And the performance edge usually outweighs the economy factor.

As far as increasing fuel economy???? Drivers habits dictate the economy, and with a performnce enhacement, if driven very moderately, one can expect an increase in mileage. Sam
Old 03-30-2004, 06:12 PM
Mr. Demeanor

Kind of off subject but I met a new Dodge diesel at a stop light the other night. He had a manual tranny agains my 99PSD with only a Hypertech chip and a auto tranny. Didnt know we were competeing until he left on me but I ran him down. Pretty even with my truck gaining slowly until 3rd gear when I blew by. Must be real tall gearing in that thing. Actually with the manual tranny I thought he might outrun me. I had about 800 pounds of people and a have a fiberglass cap.

Old 03-30-2004, 07:49 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

Jassman: I am running a gmc duramax and really appreciate all the real world input on here.

neverfastenuf, Thank you as well, just trying to decide which one to run kinda like outdrives and motors for a boat, and reading all the real world stuff here is making me lean in one direction closer.

Also a note sorry for thread stepping again as well
Old 03-30-2004, 08:54 PM
Commercial Member
Commercial Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Ordered my edge and attitude today because of Jassman.

Thanks, really looking forward to installing this product.
Old 03-30-2004, 09:04 PM
Registered

What about all the warranty issues???????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????

Quick Reply: O/T Power Chips for 6.0 PSD

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.