Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OSO Gathering - Lake Travis (Austin, TX) - April 16th (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/75443-oso-gathering-lake-travis-austin-tx-april-16th.html)

ST31 04-09-2004 05:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Was on the lake yesterday with Bob from Full Throttle. The engines are in and running well. Still have a couple of bugs to work out but they ran very solid.

Wish I had everyones phone numbers last night. Went to Carlos and Charlies for dinner and drinks, but had no way to get in touch with anyone.

Dropped off the boat at Eriksen Marine this morning to have it detailed and made ready for next weekend. Just got back to Dallas a few minutes ago.

Have a room at Lakeway for Saturday night, but no room for Friday night yet.

Looking forward to seeing all of you there. I plan on trying to get down early, maybe even Thursday to put some hours on the motors before Saturday.
:D :D :D

RANDAL WALKER 04-10-2004 08:00 AM

What are some hotels that are close to Lakeway for Friday night?

nomomoney 04-10-2004 09:33 AM

i will be there for the baja run for sure..we will be there around 3 0r 4 on friday.have about 15 boats gonna pull down together.i don't have a oso sticker on my boat,but i have on on my tool box in my p/u,just look for me at c and c's

105mph_38_2003 04-11-2004 02:35 AM

Hey Shannon, I was in Austin too:p

If I knew you were around I would have called ya;) I was only there for the day, work related
:rolleyes: :crazy:

ST31 04-11-2004 11:06 AM

Originally posted by 105mph_38_2003
Hey Shannon, I was in Austin too:p

If I knew you were around I would have called ya;) I was only there for the day, work related
:rolleyes: :crazy:

Are you planning on being there next week as well? How is the boat search going?

st31

ST31 04-11-2004 05:16 PM

I need a list of hotels near Carlos and Charlies for Friday night. Thanks for all help.

tomtbone1993 04-11-2004 11:49 PM

Originally posted by FeverFan
LOL

Are you going to be there?

Still not back together maybe mid May:( :(

Joe 04-12-2004 08:59 AM

Well Clay, I'm betting you didn't put the Red Rocket in the water. My better 1/2 and I regularly rent a house on the lake between the damn ramp and C&C's and was there this weekend (without the boat). Didn't see many boats out, but was sitting at C&C's around 2 pm eating lunch when the "Typhoon" rolled down the lake. HUGE wind and white caps! It was great NOT being one of the folks running down to my boat tarping it up in the 40 MPH wind and rain (by myself - as my oh so loyal boating clan sits inside saying, "Wow! He's getting soaked.... that sure looks tough by youself, Joe!)

I'm sure The Man Upstairs was just clearing out all the bad weather, making room for a sunny, breezy, warm Baja Crashin' Poker Run weekend! :p

Here's the latest...
http://www.weather.com/weather/local...m=search_10day

BajaRunner 04-12-2004 09:04 AM

Originally posted by Joe
by myself - as my oh so loyal boating clan sits inside saying, "Wow! He's getting soaked.... that sure looks tough by youself, Joe!)

i know that feeling :rolleyes:

Joe 04-12-2004 09:05 AM

Originally posted by st31
I need a list of hotels near Carlos and Charlies for Friday night. Thanks for all help.
Ok... Ready, here's the list

All three have vacancies! haha. ;) Mountain Star, Vintage Villas and Lakeway are the only three. There are several Bed & Breakfast's in the area. Pull up Google and type: Lakeway, Texas. Robin's Nest is one I know (haven't stayed there, but hear it's nice). Try www.obergproperties.com, the Schooner Villas are the little mushroom looking things beside Lakeway Hotel. Not sure if they're open or not ($200/night).

Happy Hunting!