Notices

Oklahoma Lakes

Old 04-06-2004, 09:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seriously though, Grand is a great place to hang. That's our home base too. You'll find us in Drippings Springs (party cove) most every weekend. Lots of fast boats, killer houses and the occasional hottie

My parents have a place at Eufaula, as well as Blownformula. Its quite a bit more laid back than Grand or LOTO. But as mentioned, they have a killer sandy beach.

Hell do both.
Old 04-07-2004, 10:24 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Lets don't for get about Lake Tenkiller. It's got alot less big boat action, but the people are real friendly and you don't have the Lake patrol ready to haul some gal to jail every time she flashes her boobs to ya. We really enjoy Tenkillers party cove more than dripping springs.
Old 04-07-2004, 10:26 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Here's a few pic's from Tenkiller
Attached Thumbnails Oklahoma Lakes-112-1238_img.jpg  
Old 04-07-2004, 11:16 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

eyezlee is gonna kill me for this one, but here goes.

I'm with Fountain38 on this one. I've done a little partying on both lakes. Tenkiller outshines Grand in this dept. No worries about the water patrol. They just let you do your thing. Whenever the guys and I get a weekend off for good behavior we check out Tenkiller. I always give the guys their choice and they choose it over Grand for the partying aspect.

For night life and better boats it's Grand by a mile.

Buck
Old 04-07-2004, 11:58 PM
Registered

I like tenkiller too, its just that I have an investment at Grand that I feel I need to attend to weekly.

Foutain38 is right, at Grand they keep a pretty close eye on the nudity these days.

BTW...Fountain38 you seriously need to change your name.

And for you Buck, we don't want your kind at Grand because you also have the dudefest on board.
Old 04-08-2004, 12:00 AM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally posted by eyezlee
I like tenkiller too, its just that I have an investment at Grand that I feel I need to attend to weekly.

Foutain38 is right, at Grand they keep a pretty close eye on the nudity these days.

BTW...Fountain38 you seriously need to change your name.

And for you Buck, we don't want your kind at Grand because you also have the dudefest on board.
LOL
Old 04-08-2004, 12:18 AM
Registered

Default Tenkiller

Tenkiller is a awesome lake with some great cliffs and pretty scenery not near the party Grand lake is but still fun get there at least twice a year for a change of pace also very clean. Ever been to lake Broken Bow ? very remote but extremely beautiful and clean.
Old 04-08-2004, 05:20 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

I live on Grand Lake year round and have a pretty good handle on the area even a few connections here and there. It is large enough to accomodate yachts over 70' and boats with speeds in excess of 130mph; as stated earlier most of these boats only use the southern 10-15 miles of the lake mainly due to thats where the activity is. The other end of the lake is more relaxed with a lot of fishing and family style restaurants (bass boats and pontoon boats etc...). Lodging is very limited as most of the property is privately owned and not many rentals available yet (that is slowly changing). Shangri-La has been sold out for more private development so there are only smaller bed and breakfast type places on the water and a few small hotels within a short drive.

Anyone wanting info on the lake let me know and I can send some to you.

Or just be nice to UN-ORTHO-DOCS and you can stay at the "Afterhours Resort"
Old 04-08-2004, 09:09 AM
Registered

Theres even a Sunseeker boat dealer on Grand lake.
Old 04-08-2004, 09:25 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I also live on Grand and enjoy it. It is a corporation owned lake and we are not quite as restricted as corps lakes on some rules and property ownership.

Gibson and Tenkiller are also great but just less activity and development (and less big waves).

Any OSO'ers need stop by my place in Stamps Cove and I'll "buy" you a beer and talk shop. Stamps Cove is two coves west of Dripping Springs (Gray's Hollow).

OR

Quick Reply: Oklahoma Lakes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.