83.05%
Let it lie
16.95%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Help me choose this battle

Old 04-15-2004, 07:16 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

If that is the policy I would push it, except that I hate lettering on my vehicles just for the insurance scam people that see it think you will pay for a brak and bump. In my dads hotels all his company trucks and service vehicles are "unmarked" for this reason, maybe she ahs the same fear? You could do the magnetics as well, but how do you know if she is actually using them or not?
Old 04-15-2004, 07:27 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

If you give in she wins and holds you by the nads every time you want to implement a policy.

Also no more lettering on cars for your sales force of course.

I'd have her rent another car but designate a fixed amount for monthly payments, maintenance, car wash and insurance, she can rent a Ferrari if she wants for her country club rides. Keep paying the gas but the amount for peripherals would be fixed. Make this available to all your sales team. I doubt they will take it.

That's what I'd do. My humble opinion.
Old 04-15-2004, 07:30 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

BTW compromising with one employee opens a door you don't want to go thru.
Old 04-15-2004, 07:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have to agree with most of the other people here. I am I Sr. Account Manager for a large company, in which we use our own vehicles, and we are reimbursed for mileage and a fixed amount per month. We use Runzheimer Vehicle Services to keep track of monthly mileage.
When I am on the road, I have magnet signs with company info that are very tasteful to attach to the personal vehicle. They go on and off easily.
However- if the rest of your sales force is using company vehicles, so should she, NO EXCEPTIONS.
Your the manager and your word should be final.
Hope this situation works out for you for the best.
Old 04-15-2004, 08:36 PM
Registered

I agree with Ange. Reed has a point but, as soon as she is out of sight of the office she'll just pull the magnetic sign off. She gets the letters or she gets the boot. No one is irreplaceable. With the job market as it is, there is someone just as good as her who would gladly take her job.
Old 04-15-2004, 08:36 PM
Registered

I need to buy a Miller 251 Mig welder with aluminum spool gun.
Old 04-15-2004, 10:47 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

I used to own a chemical manufacturing company. We would provide company cars for the sales force. They would get them the way we provided...no questions...no negotiations on the vehicles. All that had a company car, had a 2nd car for personal use because as you know if an employee uses a company car for personal use there is a tax consequence to them. The executives that were provided a luxury car had to calculate a certain percentage of the vehicales yearly cost as additional income to them.

So as far as your sales force is concerned...you provide the vehicle you want to give them...other wise they can rack up milage on their own personal cars an be reinbursed for the milage. That is how we handled it when a sales person didnt like the type of cars we leased for them. They used there own cars and were given milage at the predetermined IRS rate.

Last edited by ActiveThunderTodd; 04-15-2004 at 10:49 PM.
Old 04-15-2004, 11:03 PM
Registered

Hey,Bidness is bidness.Anyone who "refuses" sleeps wit da fishes!( Thats how we talk in New Orleans!Since you're coming down,I thought you should start getting ready).Good luck & stick to your guns.The advice here is pretty good!BOB
Old 04-15-2004, 11:38 PM
Registered

Fire her.....she should be home somewhere cooking and ironing anyway.
Old 04-15-2004, 11:38 PM
Registered

Tantrum, you must not have been married yet. Give an inch, lose a mile. You are in a tough position. I voted to stick to your guns. You could be opening a can of worms if you give in and possible legal repercussions for unfair employment practices. For this reason alone you need to stick to policy. Any deviation can be construed as discrimination. If it is explained that way she may understand. You just can't change the rules because someone thinks they are wrong.

Quick Reply: Help me choose this battle

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.