83.05%
Let it lie
16.95%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Help me choose this battle

Old 04-16-2004, 12:14 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

chris, shoe to ass. sounds like you take care of your people. your cars, you do what you want to them and use the phones that work best for you. tell her to park the car, and take the caddy to the country club. people suck, you take care of them and all they do is whine. in my eyes everyone can be replaced. maybe its time for her to know that. hope all is well. dave
Old 04-16-2004, 08:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When you start bending the rules you open yourself to litigation. Believe me, I'm being sued right now by a former employee. I fired her because she was not following policy, she countered "lots of people don't follow policy, therefore I don't need to either". Simple little thing, but now it's costing me. Don't go down that road.
Old 04-16-2004, 09:11 AM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

I agree with Wildthing.

What is the objective? To make sales or have signs on cars?

I've managed sales people for the last 20 years. The one thing I know for sure is that top producers are a pain in the azz. Give in but only with a fight.
Old 04-16-2004, 09:12 AM
Registered

Being in sales as well, top producers usually get better perks. Let here have it her way, and if anyone else *****es, tell them you will remove the letters from there car when they beat her in sales for a couple months.
If you do that and they beat her great, more sales.
set a minimum criteria for no lettering.
Old 04-16-2004, 09:15 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

TELL HER TO SAY 10-4 GOOD BUDDY ON THE NEXTEL, AND LETTER HER IN A WAY THAT ONLY NASCAR COULD ENVY! WTF is wrong with people these days?

Roby
Old 04-16-2004, 09:22 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

She is a top producer, but gets compensated for it. All the other factors are just desires that will aggravate the other sales people if you give in.

The signs on vehicles is an interesting topic. I don't see the need if your business is not local, ie; electricians, painters, local business delivery vehicles, etc. If it depends on local business, it's appropriate.

One other thought, if you change the rules now as some have suggested, it'll be perceived by the sales force as giving in to her, it's just a different way of appeasing her. She knew the program when you hired her...
Old 04-16-2004, 09:49 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Do not bend over and cater to the whims of, who sounds like, a pompous, arrogent, self-centered saleswomen. Same rules for everyone. If the company is paying for the car, phone, etc. then she gets what you tell her she gets.

If you bend for her, you'll be hearing it from everyone shortly.
Old 04-16-2004, 10:08 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

Hey Chris,

It is a Company Car and the Company determines what it will look like not her. It should be used for Company buisiness only anyway. If she doesn't like the way it looks then tell her to use her own car and set a monthly re-imbursement based on leasing the car you would have given her. That way if she wants a Jaguar she can have it but will only get paid for the Impala. You need to draw your own line in the sand but also show you are willing to work with her if she is a good sales rep.

Also, if your vehicles are registered and insured commercial than you are required to have lettering on them.
Old 04-16-2004, 10:53 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

letter it. its a perk having a company car. i wouldnt have a problem with someone driving an unmarked car if THEY were paying for it, but if I were, its marked.

good salespeople always push and thats what makes them good. you are the boss and you must guide her. she will respect you more for putting your foot down. She will walk all over you if not.
Old 04-18-2004, 06:19 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

your in a tough spot top producers are hard to find. if she really is the best in the company and you don't stand your ground you have to lay out some sort of written incentive policy, otherwise every salesperson will beat a path to your door to remove the lettering or chatter behind your back/remove lettering on thier own w/o permission.

lettering has the secondary benefit as that it slows down the unauthorized use by spouses/significant others/offspring.

either way we all "feel your pain" because it is not that easy to find a top producer.

Quick Reply: Help me choose this battle

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.