Notices

The Deadbeat

Old 04-21-2004, 07:35 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe in NY a verbal agreement is a contract ...
Old 04-21-2004, 08:03 AM
Registered

Mitch filed in NY. Date is 6/1/4.
Old 04-21-2004, 09:07 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 850 Likes on 312 Posts

Deposit and contract disputes are commonplace and unfortunate, but I guess what irks me is his chicken$hit refusal to confront you on this matter. If he's going to keep the deposit, very well, but at least have the balls to tell the buyer that...unless I missed something and he already did that.
Old 04-21-2004, 09:48 AM
Registered

Originally posted by Indy
If he's going to keep the deposit, very well, but at least have the balls to tell the buyer that...unless I missed something and he already did that.
My feelings also. The guy never once returned calls or e/m. Just had his wife do all the dirty work. If I am right (or at least I think so) I will stand in your face and tell you. And I am not a big guy. At least everyone knows where they stand with me- good or bad. (hopefully good) You just can't trust anyone when it comes to these deals. Put it in writing and then there is no question of what is stated and agreed upon. my $1.00
Old 04-21-2004, 10:14 AM
Registered

Thats what I say, I have called dozens of times and ask specifically that if there is a problem returning the money to let me know, still nothing, talked to his wife and pleaded with her, still nothing. I will drive to NY, stay with Shane, and have my day in court, maybe he will pay when the cert mail arrives, if not than yes I made a mistake but I will never forget and will never let him forget....for the rest of our lives. I do not condone violence and will never do anything to harm his name or business....that would be lowering myself to his level, but a phone call or a million, and letters asking for the money will be generated at a dizzying pace.
Old 04-21-2004, 10:26 AM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

Good luck. Everyone take note and learn from this. ThirdBird, d-hlaw, and others has great points and perspective. Moral of the story, no more than $500 and get it in writing fully understood by both involved. Again best of luck...
Old 04-21-2004, 10:26 AM
Charter Member#1545
Charter Member

Mitch, in your first "Deadbeat" post, and correct me if I am wrong, you said you did not purchase the boat because of financial reasons. Again, if I am wrong I apologize. Above you stated you told him you were not interested in the boat. Is it possible the person is just irritated that you bought another boat, and now is being vindictive. Do not take this wrong, I am not condoning what he is doing. If he told you he would return your deposit, that should be done. I am just curious as to the events that possibly caused him to renege on his end of the deal. Another issue is not being able to communicate with him. If he hasn't returned you calls or answered your E mails, that is really unfortunate. You can not resolve any matter if communication is not available. Good luck. Sam
Old 04-21-2004, 10:47 AM
Registered

I told him I was getting another boat and I am sure he was not happy but never said he would not return it. Otherwise I have no idea why he turned, I was very nice and calm in all my messages so I did not blow up. And yes, all learn because there are people like this that have no moral fiber or conscious. It is a sad state of affairs and as I said before and told Tim, I will not go away. I don't care how long it takes I will always be a part of his life....just like an X wife.
Old 04-21-2004, 10:55 AM
Registered

I am talking to him right now, things are moving forward. At least we are talking.
Old 04-21-2004, 11:05 AM
Registered

We talked in length. He is under the gun on the purchase of a very large boat. There were misunderstandings as far as my intentions and with nothing in writing. We are working thru it together, he apologized for the lack of return calls and I apologized for the misunderstanding. We will see what happens.

Quick Reply: The Deadbeat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.