Oil Co. Posting Record Profits >

Oil Co. Posting Record Profits

Notices

Oil Co. Posting Record Profits

Old 05-05-2004, 03:01 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by mlitefan
Were they Clintons buddies when he handed them no bid contracts in the Balkins or was that OK because it was Clinton doing it?

As for the Mexicans, why don't you tell everyone what the democrats just proposed. Makes Bush's proposal look like he is errecting an iron curtan.
No, it was probably more tolerable because we had a budget surplus, we had unemployment at an all time low, gas was $1.03 a gallon at the pump, the stock market was strong, shall I continue?? Besides, I bet you cant name a true "no bid" contract given in the balkins... thats because the there was bidding!!

The bottom line is that "proof is in the pudding".... GW hasnt done **** but make our future more precarious. The middle east is now a grenade with the pin pulled, the OPEC nations are so annoyed with our "Ugly American" attitudes toward their region and religion that they are sticking it to us (Imagine that!! They might not want to be christians in a democracy), the youth of that region are now the next generation of the JIHAD because of our total lack of respect for their autonomy, and we support Isreal even though they assasinate leaders......

On the home front peole are being laid off, we are going into the biggest deficit in history, the war is turning into a quagmire, the administration consistently lies about the reasons why we are there, they back track on the previous answers they gave, yadda yadda....

Hey GW, its your mess OWN IT!!! I guess george isnt used to having to be accountable for his actions though.....

As a side note I think Kerry is a TURD too!!!
Old 05-05-2004, 03:01 PM
mlitefan

Originally posted by Bill272
Good point, but I still say get over it. I wish Rush would do that. There would be 3 hours of dead air every afternoon.

Anyway, Kerry isn't the best man that ran, but if the current administration had no problem running this economy into the ground with an election coming up, I hate to see what they will do with 4 years of knowing that they don't have to get re-elected.
If you paid any attention to ANY of the latest economic reports, you would see how foolish your economc proclamation sounded.

Like I said, leave the emotion at home and stick with the facts and these discussions go well. If you can't, they don't. Heck, everyone on both sides might actually learn something.

Old 05-05-2004, 03:02 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Now someone please tell me why we can't become a little more independant and get our own oil from our own country, rather than let these bastards keep us swinging in the wind at will?

Someone else tell me when was the last refinery built in this country. All the oil in the world doesn't do us a damn bit of good if we can't refine it.
I agree.....but it seems the "vocal environmentalists" don't want that here... I hate those NIMBY bastards... they scream about the environment... and how we don't need this... and we don't need that.... blah blah blah... Why aren't we drilling in the wilderness preserve in Alaska?.. Do you think the caribou will complain?... Have many of these environmentalists ever even flown over this wilderness?... I say we do to that area what we did to the north slope... drill and exploit. Let the rest of the world worry about the cost of crude on the open market. Just because we are removing the oil beneath the area doesn't mean we have to trash it. It has been predicted that there is almost as much oil there in reserves as what is left in the middle east... If it's all going to be burned anyway in the next one hundred years... let's burn it at a decent price....
Old 05-05-2004, 03:05 PM
mlitefan

No, it was probably more tolerable because we had a budget surplus, we had unemployment at an all time low, gas was $1.03 a gallon at the pump, the stock market was strong, shall I continue?? Besides, I bet you cant name a true "no bid" contract given in the balkins... thats because the there was bidding!!
WRONG...again...In fact, Halliburton didn't even own the LOGCAP contract. They LOST it, yet were given the no bid contract for the Balkins as they were the best company for the job at the time.

Why can't you liberals address the facts? Why? Why must you let your irrational emotion rule?

You do know what LOGCAP is, right?

LMAO...no, you don't. You really have zero idea how this is done with the government, whether it is Clinton at the helm or Bush.

Old 05-05-2004, 03:07 PM
mlitefan

Originally posted by Reed Jensen
I agree.....but it seems the "vocal environmentalists" don't want that here... I hate those NIMBY bastards... they scream about the environment... and how we don't need this... and we don't need that.... blah blah blah... Why aren't we drilling in the wilderness preserve in Alaska?.. Do you think the caribou will complain?... Have many of these environmentalists ever even flown over this wilderness?... I say we do to that area what we did to the north slope... drill and exploit. Let the rest of the world worry about the cost of crude on the open market. Just because we are removing the oil beneath the area doesn't mean we have to trash it. It has been predicted that there is almost as much oil there in reserves as what is left in the middle east... If it's all going to be burned anyway in the next one hundred years... let's burn it at a decent price....
In most cases, it is the same exact people screaming at Bush due to the high prices now.

Old 05-05-2004, 03:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Reed, We are using up everyone else's oil and saving ours for the bitter end... good strategy, because after all the oil in the middle east is GONE they willl have Zilch to hold over us and their country won't be worth the sand it's built on..
mlitefan

"biggest deficit in history"

Who s[ends the money in government? Are you REALLY a laywer? I would hope something as basic as that question wouldn't have to be asked but I feel compeled based on your rantings.

Tell me, how many democrats pushed back the pork laden bills? How many democrats said no to spending?

Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

and now they are saying by the end of the weekend we can expect another .25 per gallon.....
i can not believe gas now is 2.48 per gallon on the water by summer 3.00? ouch
Old 05-05-2004, 03:12 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

In most cases, it is the same exact people screaming at Bush due to the high prices now.
You are correct sir.
Old 05-05-2004, 03:12 PM
mlitefan

BTW...I blame both parties equally for the bloated spending.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.