Like Tree0Likes

Oil Co. Posting Record Profits

Old 05-05-2004, 04:15 PM
mlitefan

Quote:
Originally posted by Jonas
and now they are saying by the end of the weekend we can expect another .25 per gallon.....
i can not believe gas now is 2.48 per gallon on the water by summer 3.00? ouch
BTW...Do you know why your gas in cali is so much higher? I can buy 87 for 1.60 a gallon here in Virginia, today.

Do you know how much of the 2.50 you pay is rooted in taxes?

Most people have no idea. They also have no idea concerning how the environmental regulations laid out from state to state affect the price of gas.

Old 05-05-2004, 04:15 PM
Registered

My Boats: 2001 Top Gun T/S, 2002 Gladiator

Quote:
Originally posted by mlitefan
WRONG...again...In fact, Halliburton didn't even own the LOGCAP contract. They LOST it, yet were given the no bid contract for the Balkins as they were the best company for the job at the time.

Why can't you liberals address the facts? Why? Why must you let your irrational emotion rule?

You do know what LOGCAP is, right?

LMAO...no, you don't. You really have zero idea how this is done with the government, whether it is Clinton at the helm or Bush.
Yeah, LOGCAP is a term for only the ARMY brainiacs!! Dont pat yourself on the back too hard for thinking you know about something that you assume that I have no understanding of. You never know who was a former JAG lawyer, or who works in multi-national law firms..........
Old 05-05-2004, 04:20 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

My Boats: Cigarette - "90MPH" Edition

FYI on todays closing numbers.

NYMEX unleaded closed at 1.31 for the June contracts.

NYMEX Crude closed at $39.57 for the June contract.

NYMEX Natural Gas closed at $6.31 for June.

We thought that Crude might break the $40 barrier today but it ended up trading sideways.

Maybe tomorrow.
Old 05-05-2004, 04:26 PM
mlitefan

Quote:
Originally posted by d-hlaw
Yeah, LOGCAP is a term for only the ARMY brainiacs!! Dont pat yourself on the back too hard for thinking you know about something that you assume that I have no understanding of. You never know who was a former JAG lawyer, or who works in multi-national law firms..........
Not patting myself on the back at all. In fact, I had no idea what it was until I decided to look into all the accusations myself, rather than believing some spin doctor who I listen to to justify what I think I already know.

Like I said, strip the emotion and dig for facts. Are you willing to do that or not? I am...

Old 05-05-2004, 04:31 PM
mlitefan

And personally, I am not looking forward to filling up this summer with the prices so high which is one reason I decided to upgrade the stereo. Looks like I will be rafting up more than usual this season. That being said, the fact is, re-electing Bush or electing Kerry won't change a damn thing concern gas prices.

I think the tone of the rhetoric needs to be scaled back. I am trying my damndest to start with myself and deal with facts.

Old 05-05-2004, 04:36 PM
Registered

Well by my very nature I can engage in heated debate and not take offense to a vigorous offense!!!
Old 05-05-2004, 04:53 PM
mlitefan

Quote:
Originally posted by d-hlaw
Well by my very nature I can engage in heated debate and not take offense to a vigorous offense!!!

No harm no foul... My guess is you go against people much worse than me anyway.

Old 05-05-2004, 05:33 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally posted by mlitefan

No harm no foul... My guess is you go against people much worse than me anyway.
And get paid too!!!!
Old 05-05-2004, 05:45 PM
jtmiller02

d-hlaw: hope you didn't take my comment as a personal insult...it wasn't "pointed" at anyone just a joke

Most lawyers I know are pretty liberal guys, not all but most and although we don't agree on everything I certainly couldn't live without the help of the 2 that currently are working for me.

1 of them is for my car accident which is a miserable cluster**** of a mess and its a huge relief to have someone there to handle it.

The other does my traffic violations whenever I can't get out of them on my own. He works miracles sometiems like charges dropped after passing a trooper 135 in a 55.

I certainly have a lot of respect for the work you guys do and the **** you put up with dealing with dirtballs. Everyone likes to give lawyers a hard time, right up until they realize they need one.

Old 05-05-2004, 08:15 PM
Registered

My Boats: SOLD!

Quote:
Originally posted by PokerRunGunT/S
I don't sell Gasoline Paul.
I sell Crude Oil and Natural Gas. I am explaining to you guys that they all go hand in hand. Both directly effect the cost of your precious gasoline.

I can tell you this about gasoline, which will be more credible than any of the other assumptions.

Since you seem to be on my ass lately, you are welcome to stop by our Oil company and see what it is exactly I am trying to explain and do for a living. It's not always just hangin on the boat and trolling for chicks, as you seem to think.

There is a time for play and a time for pay.
Not exactly sure what I said that got your panties in a wad.

Even though I work for an oil co. You are much closer to the action. I figured you would have the numbers if anybody did.