Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Oil Co. Posting Record Profits >

Oil Co. Posting Record Profits

Notices

Oil Co. Posting Record Profits

Old 05-05-2004, 09:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How many times in the last 100 years has the continental US been attacked? Has Bush really had a chance to be President and work on domestic issues?

Oh and BTW, My wife drives a suburban and it costs $80 to fill it up. It hurts.
Old 05-05-2004, 09:28 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How bout we just Kick their asses over there and keep all the oil fields Oh no sorry we can't be a world super power so we have to kiss their asses instead.

it's a war fight it like 1
Old 05-05-2004, 10:11 PM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally posted by eyezlee
How many times in the last 100 years has the continental US been attacked? Has Bush really had a chance to be President and work on domestic issues?

that's how i see it.
Old 05-05-2004, 10:34 PM
Steve_H

as long as we continue to buy gas gusling suv's , trucks , AND big horsepower boats , opec will keep sticking it to us.

why? because they know we'll pay it.

Old 05-06-2004, 05:24 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally posted by lotoparty
as long as we continue to buy gas gusling suv's , trucks , AND big horsepower boats , opec will keep sticking it to us.

why? because they know we'll pay it.
So True So True
Old 05-06-2004, 05:43 AM
Member #9
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

how is it that I can still buy a gallon of leaded race gas for $ 3.25 and that has remainded constant for the last 4 years (+- a few cents). (not JUST a gallon, I can buy any quantity I want)
Old 05-06-2004, 10:11 AM
rv
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Here is a link to crude oil prices over the last several years.

http://www.ioga.com/Special/crudeoil_Hist.htm

It really has gone way up, early 1999 it was $9 per barrel, now it is $39

In summer of 2000 was when we had that big price jump over $2 and crude was $28 then.

If there is any relationship between crude and gas prices then when:
Crude is $28 --- gas was $2
Crude is $39 --- gas will be $2.78

Todays crude price is $39. In a few months we could be at $2.80 for gas.
Old 05-06-2004, 10:27 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Originally posted by rv

It really has gone way up, early 1999 it was $9 per barrel

Whew, don't remind me! That was a brutal time for many people in the business. It actually dropped below $9 for a short period. It costs more to pump it out of the ground than that. Alot of smaller companies around here that had only crude stocks couldn't last through it and had to close their doors.

The EIA has said that gasoline stocks have risen 4.0 million barrels to 204 Million barrels. This is still 5.6 million below the 5 year average. Shortages will turn the market into a bull very quickly.

Crude surplus is still about 18 million barrels below the 5 year average.

It is tickling the $40 mark as we speak at 39.88.
Old 05-06-2004, 10:57 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You obviously have no idea how the voting system works in the US. Its a democratic REPUBLIC, that means electoral votes actually decide the presidency. Since you don't even know how the voting system works, you have no credibility in any political discussion.
You are correct about the antiquated system of electoral votes. Although that system was put in place to ensure that the ignorant and unaware had representation in the voting booths by those who understood both candidates platform and intended policies. When designing the "Electoral Vote" system our forefathers were taking lack of efficient communication into account. Newspapers, telegraph etc was not even available for farmers (In which the country was mostly comprised of at that time). to educate themselves with who was running. So we have the electoral college to vote, and the number of electoral college's is based on population.
Now that we have T.V., satellite T.V., Phones, cell, phones, and palm pilots that receive emails, why have the electoral college? It only proves (As shown in the last election) That the people (You and I) can vote one candidate into office and the Electoral college can vote in another. and who ends up running the country? Not the candidate chosen by the people.
I know its fun to point the finger and make claims that others on the board are uneducated. But doesn't it scare you just a little that We the people didn't really put Mr. Bush in office. This is not opinion or speculation, this is fact based on numbers. Remember 4 years ago sitting back and wondering how your vote didn't seem to count anymore. Try explaining to some 18 year old that just earned his right to vote that it doesn't count. Just stating the facts.
Old 05-06-2004, 11:02 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The promo for tonights news said something about oil companies refusing to increase gasoline (not crude) production to keep gas prices up. Might be interesting reading.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.