Notices

Fountain Customer Service

Old 05-06-2004, 07:22 PM
Warped & Twisted Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Fountain Customer Service

Originally posted by IceAngel
I have one of his customers boats that has a factory defect and they don't seem to want to help fix the problem.
Terra,

You might be getting some 'silent resistance' since you are not a Fountain dealership, and are wanting to "fix a factory defect" ( which means under warranty and at Fountains expense I assume ). I seriously doubt that you will be authorized to fix this particular boat. You are asking Fountain ( who doesnt know you from Adam ) to hand you a semi-blank check, and Fountain would also have little if any recourse against you since you are not an actual Fountain franchise dealership if the repairs are unsatisfactory and the boat owner goes after Fountain to re-repair the boat.

This is no excuse for them not calling you back and at least explaining that to you, though.

Let us know what happens.

Last edited by Jamie B.; 05-06-2004 at 07:25 PM.
Old 05-06-2004, 09:09 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Your business is only as good as your worst employee!
Old 05-06-2004, 11:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've left msgs for Harris for 2 days with no response. Bob Teague started the connection wiht them but no response from fountain. Guess they don't care about talking to anybody they don't know......... Pissed off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-07-2004, 01:48 AM
Registered

Hey Terra,
Vicki and I have been kicking around the Idea of buying a new 42' this fall. There was a post here a few days ago about a split gas tank in a 99 that just went out of warranty that was not going to be fixed by the factory. Now I'm hearing about customer service not returning calls. Things like this are just enough to scare someone from making another purchase. Have you tried calling Reggie or Wyatt yet. Ask them to have Jeff return your call!
Dan
Old 05-07-2004, 03:12 AM
Registered

Originally posted by Troutly
Disagree......there are more than a few manufacturers that will return a call from people who are just kicking tires.....Formula is one of them.
I couldn't agree with Troutly more. Formula has great tech support and you can talk to almost anybody at Formula. if there are busy at the moment, they will return you call probably the same day. that is why I have owned 3 Formulas. They PR is terrific! You would think Reggie would learn from that since he is Formula's major competitor. I guess Reggie (an attorney) is too busy creating those Powerboat Ads that walk the fine line of false advertising he doesn't have time for real people who buy boats.
Old 05-07-2004, 03:15 AM
Registered

Oooops... sorry for the bad grammar. Let's try it again.

I couldn't agree with Troutly more. Formula has great tech support and you can talk to almost anybody at Formula. If they are busy at the moment, they will return your call probably the same day. That is why I have owned 3 Formulas. There PR is terrific! You would think Reggie would learn from that since he is Formula's major competitor. I guess Reggie (an attorney) is too busy creating those Powerboat Ads that walk the fine line of false advertising he doesn't have time for real people who buy boats.
Old 05-07-2004, 06:49 AM
ISurvivedNMU

I just had talked to Jeff the other day... I had what i thought was a problem... I called and talked to Gail Lane. She also thought I had a problem... I sent her pictures and she had jeff call me back.

Try calling gail and having her help you out. I really think these guys get swamped with people calling and asking about used boats and such(before they are purchased) and I don't think they have the staff to do this... And it hurts thier real customer service...

Old 05-07-2004, 06:56 AM
big cat

i just had a hook in the bottom of my fountain/scism fixed by a real glass guy . i would never send my boat back to fountain if they let it leave the shop this way then in my opinion the company sucks from top to bottom

Old 05-07-2004, 08:46 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Sorry I don't have a computer at home so I couldn't keep up with the responses last night. I will try to go through and tell you guys the channels I have gone through to get this issue resolved.

We have tried to make contact with both Reggie and Wyatt. Sean actually spoke to Wyatt who referred him to Jeff Harris and said that he would "light a fire under him" to get this matter tended to.

We have spoke to Gail on many occasions, and also Edie, who are all aware of the problem.

As far as them "not knowing us from Adam", that couldn't be further from the fact. Wyatt and Reggie both dealt with Sean on a regular basis when he was at Dick Simon Marine.

And it's not that we are a "non-dealer" trying to fix the boat, we are trying to get them to either take the boat back to the factory and fix it there or to get it to a dealer that would be able to fix the problem. We are just trying to get some questions answered by Fountain so we know what move they would like us to make next.

And to all of you that have gotten return phone calls and immediate response, I am glad that you did. However, from some PM's that I have received, I know this is not an isolated occurrence.

Thanks again,

Terra Stinson
Old 05-07-2004, 10:54 AM
The Illustrious One
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

TTT

Quick Reply: Fountain Customer Service

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.