Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Friend of mine was killed yesterday >

Friend of mine was killed yesterday

Notices

Friend of mine was killed yesterday

Old 05-11-2004, 11:05 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear about your friend. Dont currently have a bike but have owned one and plan on owning another. Its tough out there with all the idiot drivers. You really have to be carefull when on a bike. My heart a prayers go out to you and your friends family.
Old 05-11-2004, 11:14 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry about your friend Dock. I've lost friends myself to motorcycle accidents, one as recently as last year.
Like so many others, this is the reason I no longer ride. When I was single, I knew the risks and was willing to accept them. Now that I have a wife and two small children to think about, you won't see me on a bike again anytime soon.
Old 05-11-2004, 11:21 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

so sorry to hear about this Dock. hope they catch the person quick.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 05-11-2004, 11:30 AM
Registered

Our thoughts and prayers go to the family and friends.
Old 05-11-2004, 11:35 AM
Registered

Sorry to hear of your friend. My brother died just over 2 years ago while ridding. It's easy to blame the risks of ridding a motorcycle. It's much harder to respect their right to ride and honor them for doing what they love. We asked everyone at my brothers funeral to ride thier bikes there, the church was filled with helmets and leathers. I'm sure that is how they would want it.

-Greg
Old 05-11-2004, 11:40 AM
Registered

My wife - God bless her - doesn't put too many rules on me, but one she is adamant about and has been since before we were married: No Bike.

I've always wanted a Harley or similar, but Mama said no bike while she was around. As usual, she's much, much smarter than me.

Matt did everything in the world with those girls, and I just can't imagine what life will be like for them without their daddy. Give your kids an extra hug today, folks....
Old 05-11-2004, 11:47 AM
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I am really sorry about your friend. I ride to work almost daily now, as I was sent 25 miles(one way) away to work by my company to save gas. Almost daily (2-3 times a week) I am almost made a hood ornament by someone on I4 not paying attention to what and who is around them. On all occasions I leave plenty of room around me with a way out. I am in NO WAY saying what happend to your friend is his fault, please do not think that. It is just sad that most people on 4 wheels do not seem to pay attention to what is around them. Now that I am riding, I pay more attention than EVER when I am driving my truck.
Old 05-11-2004, 01:08 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Very sorry for your loss, Dock!
What a terrible shame, with a wife and two kids.

Bikers beware.
Old 05-11-2004, 01:20 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very sad. Keep us updated. I hope they catch her!
Old 05-11-2004, 02:54 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Dockrocker,

I am sorry to hear about your friend and the pain his family and friends must burden over his loss. I wish you all the best.

I am a VERY lucky man. I was riding my bike (Ninja ZX9R) to work on a Highway and the traffic was stopped due to construction. I had just stopped when I heard screeching brakes. I felt the impact immediately and was pushed and then pinned up against the back of the car in front of me. It was an older pick-up with a full plow apperatice (sp) on it. What actually saved my life was that being the truck didn't have anti-lock brakes it slide to the side a few feet and allowed the ram of the plow apper. to go over my shoulder and miss hitting me in the back. He got me with the side of his grill and headlight. They had to move one of the vehicles for me to get out of the mess. The guy who hit me was a bike rider himself and was beside himself that he did not even know I was between him and the car in front of me. The woman in the car in front of me was hysterical. She said she thought I was going to come through the back window of her car. It is unfortuate that some mindless acts can have such a large impact on so many others lives. I have not ridden since, but I am not apposed to it. I miss the riding, but I also would not want to have my family and friends go through the times that Dockrockers friends are going through now.

Quick Reply: Friend of mine was killed yesterday

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.