Tampa Bay area members - advice please

Notices

Tampa Bay area members - advice please

Old 05-26-2004, 05:27 AM
Member #9
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Tampa Bay area members - advice please

Headed down there tomorrow with my family for some vacation time and will be touring the theme parks .

Where in Tampa do all the go-fast boats hang out? I will be spending a day this weekend in Tampa for some beach time and site seeing
Old 05-26-2004, 05:31 AM
Member #9
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

.....I see that Daytona has a poker run this weekend, is that a better choice to drive to? Staying near Orlando so driving is no biggie. I was told to hang near the Gulf rather than the Atlantic side....
Old 05-26-2004, 06:51 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hp500efi
.....I see that Daytona has a poker run this weekend, is that a better choice to drive to? Staying near Orlando so driving is no biggie. I was told to hang near the Gulf rather than the Atlantic side....
I'd check out the poker run if I were you. Closer to Orlando too.
Old 05-26-2004, 07:27 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

On any other weekend, I would go west to the gulf...but you can't go wrong hangin' around a poker run.
Old 05-26-2004, 07:47 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

I have a place on Anna Maria Island, which is due West of Bradenton. Great island, mostly single family homes. Some nice restaurants and bars, a good school, great beaches. It's just a great island.

I think the house across the street from me just went up for sale. PM me if you want the info. Our canals are deepwater.

Driver - High's Fuel Your Journey Cigarette Racing Team #598
Old 05-26-2004, 09:27 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

New Tampa is a northeast suburb - I-75 and Bruce B. Downs blvd. Any realtor will know the area... If you need a good realtor up there contact Robert and Debbie Marvin (813) 972-3430. Tell them that Bryan sent ya. There friends of mine and they will take care of you.
Old 05-26-2004, 10:21 AM
JGB
Registered

if you are looking at waterfront...check the water depths especially where the dock is located. When I was looking for waterfront property I purchased a nautical chart of the tampabay area to keep me out of trouble. Also helps to see your distance to open water. There are some spots where you have to go through a lot of intracoastal to get out to the gulf. I live in South St. Petersburg...great boating( easy to tampa bay, the gulf, intracoastal, sarasota), great road access via 275 to all parts of the bay area, just shy of the beach to avoid the beach traffic, minutes to downtown, 20 min to tampa airport and clearwater airport, marinas near by and property still a lil affordable. I live in the Maximo/broadwater area. Good Luck with your search.

jim
Old 05-26-2004, 10:22 AM
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

HP... Cmon over ot Daytona with us.. there is going to be a few members running in the run.... Friday night there is a party at BIGCAT's club. Should be a good time had by all...
Old 05-26-2004, 10:34 AM
JGB
Registered

HP, you might see some at gators at John's pass.
Old 05-26-2004, 12:40 PM
Registered

I spoke with my realtor today, and he said that I probably didn't want to live near Tampa / Safety Harbor area, as it would take close to an hour to get out to the coast, and that is where the boating action is primarly at. Plus the drive time to a marina too.

Would you agree with that?

Edit: I should also note that we ideally are looking for a 4 bed, 2 bath, 2 car garage pool home in good shape with a place to park the boat / trailer in the yard since I do most the maintenance. Waterfront would be the ultimate, but we are honestly more interested in having a nice house than finding a crap house with water access for the same $$. Unfortunately I don't think our budget will allow both, so if I want to stay married, the roof comes 1st, boat 2nd (but a close 2nd!)

Last edited by jaybird; 05-26-2004 at 12:59 PM.

Quick Reply: Tampa Bay area members - advice please

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.