Another stepped hull goes dancing >

Another stepped hull goes dancing

Notices

Another stepped hull goes dancing

Old 06-02-2004, 02:03 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Another stepped hull goes dancing

now t2x u run cats right,, hmm did this have steps??
should they be outlawed too???
I dont know what the answer is

Its sad when it happens,,,,
but as when i was racing like audacity i did ama chit all over formula twins formula 2 etc.. we do get these because we like to run on the edge,, thats why i am into boats and dirt bikes now,
when it comes to plesure crafts like my newly aquired 02 fountain will go over 100 mph
i have had it 2 months and still havnot tried to get the big # as i dont feel comfortable yet.
I dont want some beurocrat telling me what i can and cant have !!!
if i was an idiot i would go out and put it in a tree,,
its the common sense thing..
there has to be a law for people to put life jackets on their kids,,How someone could take there 2 yr old on a boat and not put a life jacket on it mindblowing!!!!! that is whacked People are f-kin stupid!!! and we cant be protected from everything..
were would it stop?????
its almost like if the is no law it/that means its gotta be ok to do, and or if sometning does happen it sure cant be thier fault.. people are not taking responsibility for their actions PERIOD>> to protected?????
Attached Thumbnails Another stepped hull goes dancing-mti.jpg  
Old 06-02-2004, 02:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

man...sure am glade i let dockrocker's wife drive my poker run boat!LOL...nice to have the heat off me!
Old 06-02-2004, 02:20 PM
Registered

toutly how do u suggest u being in the heat of law enforcment and know it,,
more laws? regulations?
or ?
this is really nuts as i hate the fact people get hurt but i dont want to be limited by their lack of common sense etc.
Old 06-02-2004, 02:23 PM
Registered

what's it cost to insure a 10k R1 these days?? maybe a G?...now multiply by 10-20 times that for a boat based on value...i bet it's more for the bike?? never had insurance on a bike or boat.
Old 06-02-2004, 02:26 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Jonas, cats have this nice little vertical keel called the inside wall of the tunnel to help hold them in corners.It works very well when you set up to make a hard turn. Watch a race and see what happens when a cat is turned too fast and hard. They fall over too. The fact that most people will never try to turn a cat as hard as a vee is what keeps us air boaters upright most of the time. A cat at speed really tends to slide around a corner unless you purposely set them up to dig in and turn hard.Thats when a mistake will catch you just as a stepped v can.I have personally felt a cat or three get too close to the edge of loss of control in a corner and its that fear of death that stops me from trying to turn my cat like I could my old powerplay V. I guess some of the people we keep reading about just don't have "that fear" or are too dumb to obey it.
Old 06-02-2004, 02:48 PM
Registered

airpacker,,
that makes alot of sense
i had the opportunity to ride in my neighbors 02 skater 32 with 575's and 6's,, and i started to get FREAKIN scared as we are roaring along at 100 and he started to turn,, but i was amazed at how well it turned at speed.. seems that at speed ( within reason speed and how much u trn of course) it was much nicer over 80'sish turning vs under??? just what i experienced!! as i dont know chit about cats.. but man it was a nice boat,, Now to me thats a whole new learning curve.
now i will say at high sppeds like that i think haveing 2 hulls in the h2o is safer than 1 just there again what i experienced not knowing chit about em..
Old 06-02-2004, 02:59 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Airpacker
Jonas, cats have this nice little vertical keel called the inside wall of the tunnel to help hold them in corners.It works very well when you set up to make a hard turn. Watch a race and see what happens when a cat is turned too fast and hard. They fall over too. The fact that most people will never try to turn a cat as hard as a vee is what keeps us air boaters upright most of the time. A cat at speed really tends to slide around a corner unless you purposely set them up to dig in and turn hard.Thats when a mistake will catch you just as a stepped v can.I have personally felt a cat or three get too close to the edge of loss of control in a corner and its that fear of death that stops me from trying to turn my cat like I could my old powerplay V. I guess some of the people we keep reading about just don't have "that fear" or are too dumb to obey it.
I will and have turned a 36 Skater tighter than any V bottom I have ever driven. If a cat, at least a Skater, is properly set it will turn like a little F1 tunnel boat. However, if you happen to get any air under the sponson the boat will break loose, flat spin and barrel roll......done that too.
Old 06-02-2004, 03:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mr_velocity
I will and have turned a 36 Skater tighter than any V bottom I have ever driven. If a cat, at least a Skater, is properly set it will turn like a little F1 tunnel boat. However, if you happen to get any air under the sponson the boat will break loose, flat spin and barrel roll......done that too.
hmm glad i wasnt in it.... that would require change of some undergarments,,

maybe with some seattime i would feel better but honestly i am a real chitty passenger if i aint hanging on to the sticks / wheel i'm not happy.. call me chicken im ok with that..
Old 06-02-2004, 03:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by KLAATU
Velocity - Serious question if you are running a 40 ft ? cat wih one engine at full throttle (apprx 600 hp how will boat react in turns? is it laying to low in water to act normal ?
Not sure what you mean, one at full throttle, where is the other motor? Do you have enough speed to the boat is up and flying or did you chop the throttles to set the boat? Never drove any 40 Skaters but I do know how the 36 reacts with 500 EFIs, at least with the two throttlemen that I drove with. I think you're going to meet one of them very soon too.
Old 06-02-2004, 03:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jesse James
One of my co-workers just bought an 02 Suzuki gixxer 1k and it was about $300 per year cant imagine the r1 would be over 500 per year..... depending on deducts and liability coverage amounts.

and according to two major insurers the 600 is hi-perf and on the red list but the litre bikes are on the ok list go figure......

might have something to do with every snapperhead that is 17-25 buys a 600 and stuffs it.. and dealers think ist more entry level

1000's are generally bougt by the more seasoned riders,,
i had a mother come in with her 16 yr old son about 10 yrs ago, (we owned supercycle a motorcycle business) and when wouldnt sell her son with 0 experience a gsxr 750 she threatend to sue me... i couldnt believe it..

another one a kid was 17 came in to buy a fzr 600 and i said no. he came back with his employer ownd a vet hospital,, so i sold to the vet,, within 3 mo the kid stuffed into an oak tree and mammed himself bad!!! the vet got sued by the parents and they tried to get me but couldnt as the court justified i did everything i could. whew....

Quick Reply: Another stepped hull goes dancing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.