Another stepped hull goes dancing >

Another stepped hull goes dancing

Notices

Another stepped hull goes dancing

Old 06-02-2004, 05:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Another stepped hull goes dancing

Why does this stuff surprise people, extreme power boating is largely about adrenaline, the need for speed and pushing the envelope, all of which are awesome when done correctly however, sometimes Sh#!T happens either due to lack of exercised caution by the operator or perhaps by pushing the envelope a little to far...it sucks.. but it's gonna happen.. Why does it have to be about the boat or the hull etc.....no one is surprised when extreme skiers wreck or motocross riders wreck, it's just A LOT more expensive in a boat, and unfortunately, can have consequences for all of us due to insurance rates? Good luck and try not to wreck!!!!!
Old 06-02-2004, 05:12 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking Re: Another stepped hull goes dancing

Originally Posted by BARCOASTAL
Why does this stuff surprise people, extreme power boating is largely about adrenaline, the need for speed and pushing the envelope, all of which are awesome when done correctly however, sometimes Sh#!T happens either due to lack of exercised caution by the operator or perhaps by pushing the envelope a little to far...it sucks.. but it's gonna happen.. Why does it have to be about the boat or the hull etc.....no one is surprised when extreme skiers wreck or motocross riders wreck, it's just A LOT more expensive in a boat, and unfortunately, can have consequences for all of us due to insurance rates? Good luck and try not to wreck!!!!!

thats what i was gonna say
Old 06-02-2004, 05:16 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Jonas
t2x
i am really curious,
what is your answer to this??????
instead of beating a dead horse what is solution??
Create a demand for non stepped hulls based on an informed buyer and fill the need profitably...... Do the same amount of epoxy vacuum bagging, Herring prop, Sterling power development with non-stepped hulls...... and watch the results.

T2x
Old 06-02-2004, 05:21 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Spitfire1
the statement in question was concerning guys outside of racing....the worlds best racers have spun conventional hulls also.....
Phil Lipschutz.......is a racer

and name the "world's best racers" who have spun and BARREL ROLLED conventional hulls.

Has Art Lilly?

Jeff Harris?

John Tomlinson?

Joey Imprescia?

As far as me letting up on this issue..... you guys are fighting for a fad.... I see dead people.

T2x
Old 06-02-2004, 05:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe he "was" a racer.....Is he actively racing now?????? I dont think so...I believe the point of the post was apparent....
Old 06-02-2004, 05:26 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think the steps are here to stay... as long as the boat goes faster... that is where the buyer is going to be... even with the increase of danger... after all... isn't that why we like fast boats?... I know I'm not happy unless there is an element of danger when rocketing around.... Possibly in the future there will be other "refinements" that won't make the boats so spin happy... Much like Porsche putting on huge rear tires on the 930 to keep them from having the back end pass the front end... something will probably be done to refine the hull shapes and make them more manageable....until then... it's boater beware....

Last edited by Reed Jensen; 06-02-2004 at 05:29 PM.
Old 06-02-2004, 05:31 PM
Registered

the thing that is getting me is that with the step designs u can now buy a 90 mph boat that doesnt need sterlings or herrings or any of the stuff thats cubik dollars..

we are currently seeing like for instance my freinds 388 slingshot runs solid 89-91 on gps with stock 525s and xrs,,,
my fountain 35 575s xrs 100
to get nonstep boats to run like that would cost a mint i would think
need 800's with number drives etc??
Old 06-02-2004, 05:38 PM
Registered

Current racers that have spun steps:

1. Joe Skrocki
2. Brian Ross
3. Bob BUll (many times)
4. Me
5. Alan Greene

I think that most teams that run step bottom boats have spun, and probably most have come out as a result. I can tell you I did not enjoy it, and I also recieved little or no warning of what was about to happen. Was it the boats fault?? No, it was driver error. The bottom line is that these boats will spank you if you dont exercise caution when turning. Even Tres said on TalkOffshore that he has had some hairy experiences in step bottoms and didnt think that he was being careless or reckless.
Old 06-02-2004, 05:39 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by T2x
... I see dead people.

T2x
Tee hee......
Attached Images  
Old 06-02-2004, 05:50 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Downtown42
Sorry, that's stupid. Fun till the worst sneaks up on you.

Why would you have to do that except to show off?

wow......................... I'm not impressed.

Downtown, No offense but listen to yourself .... I agree , that is freekin fast ! But , How fast is YOUR boat ?

Lets say your boat does 90 . (just a number ), Would you say running around at 58 mph was stupid ????? That would be the same as a 210 mph boat running around at 130 mph ...... It's all in what your driving ........... Granted , that is out there for most of us ! But then again 5-6 years ago people thought that anyone that went over 100 mph was "STUPID" .
Jet sets been doign it now for almost 9 years I think. he must be doign something right ..... Hasn't thrown anyone out of his boat yet . or hit anyone else . He knows his limits and doesnt' cross it . Even at the radar shoot out , he backed out of it beacause it didn't feel right . And it the magazine artical in Extreme boats , he didn't run all out for the artical either .... I don't know how sane a man could be to drive 200 plus but he must have some sense !

Quick Reply: Another stepped hull goes dancing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.