Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Suggestions on staying on plane at low speed? >

Suggestions on staying on plane at low speed?

Notices

Suggestions on staying on plane at low speed?

Old 06-02-2004, 07:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Suggestions on staying on plane at low speed?

Usually Apaches came with wide short tabs on them, wonder how the boat would handle with a set of 380s on it.
Old 06-02-2004, 08:30 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 139 Likes on 84 Posts

My Formula will maintain plane as slow as 17mph with tabs and drives down.

Your thread's title reads as if you are having trouble maintaining plane at slow speeds, but it sounds like you have no trouble planing slow; you sound more concerned about the wake at slow speeds.

There is no way to reduce a boat's wake other than to get more boat out of the water. That takes more speed or less wake. Whatever it takes to get your boat LEVEL will reduce the wake about as far as you can expect. Any more is just wishful thinking.

If there is a 30mph speed limit, then as long as you are running less than that you only need to be concerned about possible DAMAGE your wake causes. You don't need to be concerned about pissing people off with your wake. There's nothing illegal about a big wake, as long as it doesn't CAUSE or significantly ATTRIBUTE to property damage and/or injury. I know that's a gray area, but a judge I know said that he cannot imagine a court ruling against a boatowner (making a large wake) for injuries cause by another boater recklessly impacting that large wake.
Old 06-02-2004, 09:36 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

F**kem 30 is to slow . Just let it plow and plant some corn. Maybe these stupid sob with the speed limits will learn about the slow NON maneuverable in can make us .

Its not just a Apache's

If there to close the the beach ,beach em Surfs up dude.

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 06-02-2004, 09:59 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Suggestions on staying on plane at low speed?

You should take lessons from Maximus. He has a special way of running in 25-30 MPH zones.
Old 06-03-2004, 07:44 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

DOOOOOH!!!!!!!

I thought it said "min wake" SOOOOOOO! I made a min wake

WTF ...2 MILE MIN WAKE ZONE IS BULL****.

I just didn't want to hurt the Manatee's! With less lower unit and prop in the water I was being concious to our environment. Just think I could have saved a Manatee's life!!!!

MAXIMUS
Old 06-03-2004, 08:34 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

I would go out of there in reverse at about 4000 RPM. It may not get you on plane, but it would let everyone know what you think of the new speed limit.

(just kidding of course)
Old 06-03-2004, 08:43 AM
Registered

Re: Suggestions on staying on plane at low speed?

Let us digress to a conversation a few years ago Maximus. This woman Brooke, who is studying marine biology, gets on your a-- about your new Spectre. She says, "have you any respect for those loving, adorable sea cows (which are cute)? Don't you realize what these boats do to them?"

To which Maximus responds, "Brooke, have you ever seen what a manatee does to a dialed in, lab finished prop? You bend one blade and it could take four sets to find the perfect match again."

Her face looked like you just wiped your johnson on her new curtains. We're both going to Hell , brother.

LC
Old 06-03-2004, 08:44 AM
Registered

Just get a radar detector and nail the throttle. I mean really, Speed limits if needed should consist of No-wake speed or plaining speed only (which differs between boats) you would have quite a case against a locality if the 30-MPH limit made your boat unsafe to drive. (i.e. bow riding too high causing poor visibility, reduced handling ability) I would tell them to shove that speed limit.

Roby
Old 06-03-2004, 08:55 AM
Drive to arrive alive!!!
Platinum Member

Received 397 Likes on 124 Posts

I may be fat, but the chicks aren't! Yes, I am more concerned about the wake than planing.
Attached Thumbnails Suggestions on staying on plane at low speed?-cara-fara.jpg   Suggestions on staying on plane at low speed?-fara-bro.jpg  
Old 06-03-2004, 09:03 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Just print one of those "Apache" thread and put the telephone book sized printout in the nose. All the BS and the paper will settle your rig right down.

Quick Reply: Suggestions on staying on plane at low speed?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.