Like Tree0Likes

my boating experiance sunday

Old 06-15-2004, 09:30 AM
Registered

My Boats: was a 89" Formula 311-SR1
Default Re: my boating experiance sunday

Huge, I admire your patience, I would not have done so well.

The gas issue I could have let slide because at least they were up front about it. I have a rule. I never ask for gas money, but if they don't offer, they aren't asked back.

NO WAY would I've allowed a five year old to come along. I made that mistake once with my ex sister-in-law's six year old daughter and the kid didn't stop screaming and crying. Ten minutes from the dock I turned around and went back and dropped kid and mom off. The rest of us went out and had a great day.

I would have screamed "what don't you understand about NOT stepping on the fu^*in arm rests"?

I would certainly have stayed with you to cover the boat. That was just rude.

Bringing "non boaters" out on a boat, particularly a performance oriented boat, is just one giant PITA. It simply isn't worth it. For anyone. Took another couple out once and we were putting along at 40 and the woman started screaming slow down. At 40.
We were in Sarasota Bay, the water was basically glass, and she actually started crying she was so scared. Went straight to Marina Jack's, dropped the couple off, gave them twenty bucks towards cab fare to get back to their car and left them at the dock. Haven't seen them since. Sometimes good things to happen from bad.
Old 06-15-2004, 09:45 AM
Registered

My Boats: 1998 Wellcraft 22' Scarab

The last thing I would have done is befriend anyone who I'm buying from or selling to a house. We had this A-Hole that bought my mother's house (where I was storing my boat at the time) He had an inspector come out and everything checked out perfect. But that wasn't good enough for him. He decided he wanted his loser son to come give it a second inspection without notifying anyone. His son and the agent came out with no advanced notice to give it his stupid little redneck inspection. Well my mother was not home at the time so the pr**k took it upon himself to pull my boat out of the garage so he could look at the breaker box. But of course the fool couldn't put it back inside because it started raining. That is just the way he left it sitting out in the rain with a bunch of leaves that fell in the boat and there were shoe prints on the rear hatch. I can only think that this idiot used my boat to get up on the roof. I was mad as hell because he was telling me that the boat needs to be moved from the garage upon inspection. I yelled back YOU'RE NOT THE F-ING INSPECTOR! I was ready to do whatever it took to screw this guy over in the sale but remembering that it was my motherís house I decided to let it go. A few weeks later when I had the boat on the water I got my sweet revenge. I found his wallet and keys lodged between the rear seat and hatch. I looked at it first thinking it was a drunk buddy that left it last time out. But as soon as I looked at the driverís license the anger returned to me and I just came unglued. I took the 103 dollars that was in it and tossed the wallet and keys over the transom.

So sue me
Roby
Old 06-15-2004, 09:48 AM
BK
Registered

When they all went to have beers and left you at the dock, I would have left the entire ungrateful bunch there. Life is full of lessons, and you could have been the one to teach them about not taking people for granted when they are being kind to you.

When my nephew was about 14, I bought him a giant 3-D puzzle for Christmas. He opened the present, but instead of saying "Thanks!" he looked bummed and said....."Next Christmas, why not just send me the money you are going to spend instead". The nerve! I was totally blown away by his selfish and inconsiderate attitude.

From that day forward, all he has received for his birthday from me is a card. That's it.

I will not put up with that kind of inconsideration. Hopefully he learned a lesson about grace.
Old 06-15-2004, 09:53 AM
Registered
Trade Score: (1)

My Boats: 1982 Pantera 24sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formula Outlaw
Huge, I admire your patience, I would not have done so well.

Took another couple out once and we were putting along at 40 and the woman started screaming slow down. At 40.
We were in Sarasota Bay, the water was basically glass, and she actually started crying she was so scared.
Formula,

When did you have my wife on the boat?????????

Just Jokin, She is fine up to 70, so long as their is water under the boat, not air!!!!

We took her out on a 28 Pantera in Marathon last June, and she was fine, so we took her back out in Key West in November, and the waters were a little(OK, a LOT!!!) bigger, she wasnt happy, so now she stays home, unless we are just going for a leisurely cruise to the island.

Huge,

Sounds like the last time for them!!! Sh*T happens, it sucks, but its over now, We have all had the freeloaders on board, just let it slide, and next time lay down the rules before anyone gets on board. If I am riding along on someone elses ride, I always try to give what I can towards fuel, and supply the cooler!!!

Last edited by rchevelle71; 06-15-2004 at 09:56 AM.
Old 06-15-2004, 10:03 AM
Registered

My Boats: 1998 Wellcraft 22' Scarab

My friends (most of the time I have mainly women on my boat) always offer but I usually get the gas because they always bring more than enough food & beverage. As far a cleaning and drying the boat they always offer but I'm picky and like things done in a certain way. I usually bring out the same crowd of women because we all know each other well and they are comfortable getting the all over tan. Paying for gas and washing the boat is a small price to pay, believe me...

Roby
Old 06-15-2004, 10:11 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: Azimut

Huge man you always get in these weird predicaments. You opened the door and let them dictate your day, you can't biotch.

Three weeks ago my wife invited one of her friend for a ride and my wife knows the rules if I say I leave at 10 AM if you show up at 10:03 AM all you'll see is the transom getting smaller and an earful of noise, that's what her friend got.

If they are not considerate why should you be, and mess up your day in the process.
Old 06-15-2004, 10:16 AM
Registered

My Boats: Powerplay

QUOTE : A few weeks later when I had the boat on the water I got my sweet revenge. I found his wallet and keys lodged between the rear seat and hatch. I looked at it first thinking it was a drunk buddy that left it last time out. But as soon as I looked at the driverís license the anger returned to me and I just came unglued. I took the 103 dollars that was in it and tossed the wallet and keys over the transom.

LMAO Thats a good one!!! That prick deserved it for even thinking about moving your boat without you there. Nice job...
Old 06-15-2004, 10:24 AM
KV38SCARAB

Kill them all ......put the bodies in a dock box with 3.5 bags of concrete.....take dock boxes to damn.....free lake house with jet ski lift

Life is Simple

Old 06-15-2004, 10:26 AM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

My Boats: 1989 Formula SR-1 272 t/540's

I'd have been gone after they left for breakfast , particularly since they said they would be back in an hour. I would have told them "I might be back in an hour"
Like everybody else said "F" em.
Ya try to be a nice guy , but sometimes it just doesn't pay
Old 06-15-2004, 10:46 AM
Gold Member

My Boats: Boatless... Damn...

your patience is much greater than mine... They would have never seen me after they came back from breakfast!... I would have rather gone out alone than with them!